Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Looking for help with a new site (mythology based)

Discussion in 'Volunteers' started by Alkali Regnant, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Alkali Regnant

Alkali Regnant FeatheredCritter Web Designer Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

I've always been a lover of mythology and see myth based pets thrown in here and there on sites... but not one solely based on various mythological beasts. So Greek, Norse, Native American, Egyptian, etc are all in!
    However, I'm having trouble thinking of gameplay. I have an idea for the art style and layout. Those I can do myself, along with the site coding.

What I'm looking for is an admin/idea creator. I won't be able to start physically making the site for a little while (a month or so), but during that time I can set up a preforum. When the site opens at some time in the future, you would be an admin and be in charge of most of the site (I'll mostly be sitting back, watching, playing, and helping out).

I would be willing to split profits 50/50 (once hosting and such is paid off), but I do want the cash currency to be "not so special". Basically, the cash currency will have a set conversion rate that be traded in at a bank. So it'll be for people who really want some extra currency that don't want to wait around for it. Maybe a few other minor perks will be thrown in, but I don't want a lot of the site based on whether you can pay us or not.

APPLICATION:
    How old are you?
    How much freetime do you have to work on this?
    Are you currently staff on other sites? Which ones?
    What is your favorite mythological beast?
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    Gabby likes this.
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Avalanche

Avalanche VPL Supporter VPL Supporter

I wouldn't mind helping out. I love mythological creatures and I'm pretty creative when it comes to functionality designs.

APPLICATION:
    How old are you? 19
    How much freetime do you have to work on this? At least an hour a day.
    Are you currently staff on other sites? Which ones? I'm doing a couple programming commissions for various sites but that's it.
    What is your favorite mythological beast? Unicorns. I love magic.
  3. Loomi

Loomi Approved Artist Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Love the sound of this. I'd be interested.

How old are you?: 21 :)
    How much freetime do you have to work on this?: Plenty :) Despite co-owning SG I have plenty of free time as everything for that game is already planned out and written out. I love dreaming up interesting ideas and inventing things so I'd be a good partner - I hope!
    Are you currently staff on other sites? Which ones?: I co-own Seagoals and I am an artist for Houndism.
    What is your favorite mythological beast?: Does Loch Ness count?! I'm half Scottish :p Hehe. Other than that I love pretty much all the Greek mythical beasts. Very into history :)
  4. Julia

Julia Member VPL Member

How old are you? I'm twenty soon to be twenty one.
    How much freetime do you have to work on this? Many hours in the day. I have plenty of time since I'm in summer. And when I return in the fall to college I will still have plenty of time. I love mythological creatures, and love day dreaming about them. So I think I would be perfect for the job.
    Are you currently staff on other sites? Which ones? No I'm not.
    What is your favorite mythological beast? Definitely Medusa. She always gave me the chills and I like that. The idea of turning people into stone when they look at her.
  5. The Little Tree

The Little Tree Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Can someone just help out with suggestions and ideas without having to become an admin? I love researching and have ideas, I'm just a bit young.
  6. Alkali Regnant

Alkali Regnant FeatheredCritter Web Designer Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

Yep! I'll set up a preforum for people to throw around ideas. Anyone can help out, but I want one or two people to head off the site and get things going and keep them going :)
  7. The Little Tree

@Alkali Regnant

Great, alright.
    I'll leave this here anyway, but yeah.

How old are you? 15, I get startled by this too. I never feel my age.
    How much freetime do you have to work on this? My time is actually quite flexible, I'm avaliable to contact pretty much 24/7. I can research at any time as I keep urgent files online. This way I can edit them away from home or on my phone if it comes down to it.
    Are you currently staff on other sites? Which ones? I write for Wulves and Kasaria.
    What is your favorite mythological beast? I swear I have phases. I adore dragons but I also find Kitsune and Selkie quite interesting but I think at the end of the day I'm much more interested in combining elements, interpreting how they could be used. Example, a wolf as a higher spiritual self. It may be cliche, but you can certainly twist it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  8. Trystan

Trystan Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Well, I might as well test this out. Mythology is really fun to work with, and it fascinates me in lovely ways.

How old are you? I just turned 18

How much freetime do you have to work on this: Honestly, I have most of the day. I rarely have anything other than Mahodai writing to work on.
    Are you currently staff on other sites? Which ones? Yes, I am a writer for Mahodai. My UN there is Sin.
    What is your favorite mythological beast? I have quite a few, and it frequently changes. Currently I'm just a tad obsessed with Anubis, but normally my favourite beast is Cerberus. (Did you know that technically, it should be spelled Kerberos? Cerberus is a very Anglicized version of the word.) Can't forget about Fenrir, though... I should stop, I could go on for a long time.

If you need to contact me, the fastest way is through my Skype: Scenthound
  9. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

When do you think you might start this? I'd love to be apart of it if I have the time. :) I could even help you out with the coding - you teach me and I'll return the favors <3

How old are you? I'm nineteen; May 22nd, 1993 is my birthdate. :)
    How much freetime do you have to work on this? I can donate as much as five hours daily depending on when you plan on starting this project. I don't think you'll be starting this soon since you say you're busy as well. I would love to get to work with you. It would be pretty awesome :)
    Are you currently staff on other sites? Which ones? Here as a moderator, pineridgeherding.com Moderator, canis-aves.com Moderator, and I'm hoping to return to Kasaria as a moderator soon. <3 By the time we begin, I'll probably be with them again. You're also aware I'm building my own site, but it's a slow go and won't be open to the public within the next 2 years. :p You can also ask Waiki <3 I never worked for Shadow Packs but Waiki can contend from RPGs that my ownership style is a unique and successful one.
    What is your favorite mythological beast? You're really asking me that question? xD I love them all!! I guess Zeus, Venus, and Hercules interest me the most, but even as I'm writing this I'm thinking about all the other ones I love.

Thanks for the opportunity and time, Alk. :) I can't wait to see who you chose.
  10. Alkali Regnant

Okay, I've decided to go with two people: Loomi and Elmvine
    You two get Admin positions <3 Everyone else is welcome to other staff positions once I get the preforums up :3 And then we can start planning!
  11. Loomi

Loomi Approved Artist Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Oh, yay! Thanks so much @Alkali Regnant :) Let us know when you get a forum up and running and @Elmvine and I will begin plotting away!

*scribbles down ideas and such in the meantime*
  12. Alkali Regnant

I shall indeed! I should have it up soon :3
  13. The Little Tree

Honestly, was not expecting this, but I'm pretty excited right now. xD Suppose I should start fleshing out a couple of ideas.
    @Loomi @ Alkali Regnant
    Do you two have some form of IM, Skype or anything like that we could talk over if needed?
  14. Alkali Regnant

I'll PM you mine
  15. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Glad to see so many members jumping on this project. I love it!

Good luck with this!:style
  16. Trystan

Trystan Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Will you be telling the public when you have the forums up? I'd like to stick around for this one.
  17. Alkali Regnant

Yep ^.^ A link will be posted soon. There are more staff positions that will be available of course (mods, writers, artists, etc).
  18. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

@Alkali Regnant , Good luck on Lore!! :D I missed this post D: oh well, I shall stalk that forum anyway xD