Virtual pets and Sim games community

Would you like to become a member of the most successful virtual pets and sim games community on the internet today? We've been opened since 2011 and since then, we've been providing web game developers, artists, players and writers with the most relevant, up to date, quality and in depth content covering the entire online browser based games industry. So, if you virtual pet games, game development or online sims, our forum is perfect for you. Our sneak peeks forum is designed for new owners to showchase their upcoming in dev games.

Discuss online pet game management or developing a sim game.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headIn icey them pet game Kaylune, a virtual pet site Breed online pet
    VigLink badge
    Novilar opening up for beta September 16 - Beastkeeper
    Gaming Reinvented

breed horses on this very active sim game

Browse our Online Games Directory
    Promote VPL - advertise here
    Admin and webmasters community - Browser games
    $300 posting contest ends on October 14th

Looking for someone to make me a map.

Discussion in 'Completed Transactions' started by Adam Calhoun, May 31, 2012.

1. It would be similar to a map used on a petsite(in a sense). I do have examples of what i'd like the map to look like. Please Tag Me or PM if interested. Thanks!

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. Good luck!

Just a word of advice:
    Don't go for any hourly payment deals.​

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for the tip!

4. Ohhh, why?

5. Due to an issue I've been witnessing for a while now. But also because hourly payment rates can easily go way over $100 just for one map...​

6. @JoyJoy
    Personally I think that an hourly payment deal would work as long as the commissioner and the artist have some sort of range agreement or estimate beforehand. Many artists have a decent idea of the time it takes for them to complete an image, and if you work at an hourly rate often and have shown yourself to be consistent with high-quality artwork, I see no reason why an hourly rate should be discouraged.
    Yes, hourly rates probably don't favor the commissioners, as many (not all, but many) petsite owners are hobbyists and cannot afford higher prices. But keep in mind that hourly rates are probably a lot more practical for artists who want to or are able to work at more professional rates. I sound like a broken record, but I do believe that many artists on this forum undercharge themselves, and I definitely have seen artwork here that would be worth over $100. That's why, while I agree that hourly rates aren't the most prudent choice for many owners here, I wouldn't say absolutely /don't/. If you find a trusted artist with high quality work and their payment plans suit your needs, by all means go for it. Just make sure to discuss things with the artist beforehand and make sure you have at least a rough idea of what you're getting.

#6 Kiku, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Yes , HiJack the thread.. nice.

8. @Adam CalhounAdam Calhoun
    I was not in any way trying to 'hijack' your thread, so I'm sorry if you were annoyed or offended in any way.
    Honestly, there are a lot of complexities when trying to purchase art at a fair price, so I was merely trying to respond to advice that I somewhat disagreed with (especially since said advice would cut off a specific group of artists, when only a few are guilty of dishonest overcharging), and offer my own advice to you - which is to buy art carefully and to communicate with the artist.
    I meant to help rather than harm, but if my post genuinely bothers you, I can remove it. In the future, if you don't want the post there, please ask me rather than making a snide comment about the intention of my comment.

#9 Kiku, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013