Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets closed beta keys
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    Be sure to check out the latest changes to our rules.

Looking for someone to make me a map.

Discussion in 'Art Marketplace' started by Adam Calhoun, May 31, 2012.

1. Adam Calhoun

Adam Calhoun New Member VPL Member

It would be similar to a map used on a petsite(in a sense). I do have examples of what i'd like the map to look like. Please Tag Me or PM if interested. Thanks!
  2. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Good luck!

Just a word of advice:
    Don't go for any hourly payment deals.​
    Corzeir and Zei like this.
  3. Adam Calhoun

Thanks for the tip!
  4. Haseshi

Haseshi Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Ohhh, why?
  5. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Due to an issue I've been witnessing for a while now. But also because hourly payment rates can easily go way over $100 just for one map...​
  6. Kiku

Kiku Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

@Joy
    Personally I think that an hourly payment deal would work as long as the commissioner and the artist have some sort of range agreement or estimate beforehand. Many artists have a decent idea of the time it takes for them to complete an image, and if you work at an hourly rate often and have shown yourself to be consistent with high-quality artwork, I see no reason why an hourly rate should be discouraged.
    Yes, hourly rates probably don't favor the commissioners, as many (not all, but many) petsite owners are hobbyists and cannot afford higher prices. But keep in mind that hourly rates are probably a lot more practical for artists who want to or are able to work at more professional rates. I sound like a broken record, but I do believe that many artists on this forum undercharge themselves, and I definitely have seen artwork here that would be worth over $100. That's why, while I agree that hourly rates aren't the most prudent choice for many owners here, I wouldn't say absolutely /don't/. If you find a trusted artist with high quality work and their payment plans suit your needs, by all means go for it. Just make sure to discuss things with the artist beforehand and make sure you have at least a rough idea of what you're getting.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Elz, que, vplspride and 2 others like this.
  7. Adam Calhoun

Yes , HiJack the thread.. nice.
  8. vplspride

vplspride Member VPL Member

9. Kiku

Kiku Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

@Adam Calhoun
    I was not in any way trying to 'hijack' your thread, so I'm sorry if you were annoyed or offended in any way.
    Honestly, there are a lot of complexities when trying to purchase art at a fair price, so I was merely trying to respond to advice that I somewhat disagreed with (especially since said advice would cut off a specific group of artists, when only a few are guilty of dishonest overcharging), and offer my own advice to you - which is to buy art carefully and to communicate with the artist.
    I meant to help rather than harm, but if my post genuinely bothers you, I can remove it. In the future, if you don't want the post there, please ask me rather than making a snide comment about the intention of my comment.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013