1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Marapets admin change

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets Chat' started by Mango, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Mango

Mango New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    funnyyulgang is no longer admin. She posted this on her profile "I have left my position as an admin for my own reasons outside of Mara and am no longer any form of staff. As such, I ask that you please do not contact me about staff issues, glitches or problems, et cetera. It will only waste both our time"

2. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    How long were they admin for anyways?

3. Mango

Reputations:
    I'm not sure exactly. Maybe a year?

I wonder if she jumped or was pushed.

4. cpvr

Reputations:
    Jumped? More than likely. But pushed by whom exactly?

5. Mango

Reputations:
    Jumped as in really did resign or pushed as in sacked. Not all the old marapets staff really did resign.

6. cpvr

Reputations:
    So users pressured the former admins to quit or something?

7. Mango

Reputations:
    I doubt users pressured her to leave. She wasn't particularly hated by enough users for that. Maybe management or Ian?

Edit: I'm not saying that she was fired. I'm just wondering. Maybe she really has got things going on at home that stops her being staff now.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  8. cpvr

Reputations:
    Why would management fire her though? Was she not doing her job or something?

9. Mango

Reputations:
    That's a matter of opinion. I don't have an opinion on how good or bad she was as admin because I've only ever dealt with the other admins. I do know that she was/is good friends with some of the trouble makers on the forums though.

10. cpvr

Reputations:
    Ya, that's a problem right there. Playing favoritism isn't cool at all.

11. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Umm she was a big admin at Marapets

maybe @Nintendo , @NiGHTS or @ian may know more

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  12. Mango

Reputations:
    What does 'a big admin' mean?

13. cpvr

Reputations:
    I'm guessing a big admin is someone who's in charge of a lot more than the other admins. Maybe James can clarify this. @santamynana

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  14. Mango

Reputations:
    She definitely wasn't in charge of more than the other admins.

15. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Yes she was someone who was also very well respected over there, had a lot of followers. Many people thought she was one of the corrupt admins, but she did have a lot more work and was in charge of quite a bit more. got involved more

16. Mango

Reputations:
    What work did she have different to any other admin? I know TishaLook has different work but none of the other admins. Funnyyulgang was friends with RCers before she was even made a mod or admin and remained friends as staff. I know she talked on RC more but that's because they were her friends, not because that was her work.

There are rumours that she was fired. Do you know if it's true and what for?

By the way, I live in West Yorkshire too.

17. santamynana

Reputations:
    She was not fired, as the title says she left because of out mara reasons, Ian does not really have much time on his hands, especially to fire someone. The staff have been leaving gradually over the last few months, so have the users.

18. Mango

Reputations:
    I know for sure that some staff have been fired in the past. Not all of them have resigned. SB, dolphinblue, cappygirl, alcyone, spyder_dawg, ricobob, sirensong, shabumpkin69 didn't resign. Just because they say they resigned doesn't mean that they really did.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  19. santamynana

Reputations:
    Oh I know some staff have not resigned but in this case they have. and SB resigned same with dolphinblue (they never got sacked). Alcyone got banned then got reinstated then resigned

20. Mango

Reputations:
    That's not true, alcyone was set up on messenger to see if he would cyber with a 17 year old. He fell for it and got fired. You're getting confused because his account got totally frozen but then he got it back and came back as an ordinary player for a while before he gave everything away and left. I don't think it's fair that he's been labelled as a paedophile but that's just my opinion. Dolphinblue got fired because of arguments she was having with an ordinary player on facebook and then she started posting about the other player on RC. SB got fired because she was forum banning people just because she didn't like them or because they had the same initials as her and wanted a similar forum tag, she just wasn't mature enough for it.