1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

Marapets and it's lovely userbase.

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets Chat' started by lockbox, Jul 18, 2011.

1. lockbox

lockbox New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Decided to catch up with Marapets today.
    Did the dailies, and went to the forums to see who was still around.
    Went to the Random Chat forum to lurk a bit and apparently everyone there has no idea how a forum works,
    seeing as their threads would only last a few posts and consist of absolutely nothing worth even mentioning/discussing.

Noticed one member making multiple threads on the same topic and openly asked why they needed so many, which prompted them to accuse me of backseat-modding for whatever reason. I think they have a problem with reading comprehension. Two other members also attempted to insult me by bypassing the built in censor (for brownie points, of course) one of them going as far as to telling me to kill myself.
    I was surprised to even see a staff member posting, as they didn't seem too bothered about any of it at all.

I suppose I'm disappointed. Seeing as I was there from the beginning almost, it used to have an alright community.
    If anyone here still plays, for the love of god, don't give these people any of your money. They absolutely do not deserve it if they can't even be bothered to fix what's broken or uphold the rules they set.

Oh well, RIP Marapets.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Drea

Drea Approved Writer Approved Writer VPL Member Approved Artist

Reputations:
    Funny how things seem to change for the worse, isn't it?

3. Yasmin Down

Yasmin Down New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like a very worse version of deviantART, hehe :p I used to be a mod on deviantART, but left because I don't really like the way it's run.

4. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Well, when you target Neopets members via various advertising campaigns, what do you expect? If anything a lot of their veteran members have gone since the updates have turned to crap. If they ever were to re-build their community, they'd need to drop the ban hammer on a lot of people, restricting forum access, or other things. I remember when the forums were actually modded.

Oh well, but hopefully they can fix things and turn it around, but I highly doubt it. Unless some new things are introduced onto the game.

5. que

que Member VPL Member Approved Artist VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    LOL, using 'Marapets' and 'lovely' together.
    I'm sorry that happened to you, people are pretty internet tough. |:

6. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Yeah... sorry man.

Marapets has definitely gone downward.

(Actually, to be honest, I never personally believed it was ever "up")​

7. BigThinker

BigThinker Supporter VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    I think we can all use Marapets as a good guide on how not to run a site. If it wasn't for the posts made about Marapets, I would probably make a lot of mistakes on my own site but after reading complaint after complaint, I know exactly where NOT to take my website. So, thanks for sucking crud, Marapets!

8. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD VPL Member Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    Well i left marapets not so long ago and i used the adult forum and random chat alot but then i just didnt go on anymore but as for the staff member they recently had a staffing update where they hired some more people. the staff that remember and hopefully still staff would never post like that so it might be one of the new staff do you no which one it is?

9. Ghost

Ghost New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hehe, so true. Even a site like Marapets has SOME worth.

10. lockbox

lockbox New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    It's not about being internet tough, though. I've been to the websites they so desperately try and imitate.
    It's the fact that Marapets has gone even further down the crapper than I first thought.

11. cpvr

Reputations:
    Ya, its probably worth millions too, but I'm pretty sure Ian & company won't sell. They're making too much money. :p But, who knows.

12. Bee

Bee New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Oh wow. I started playing Marapets a few years ago. It was fun while it lasted, but it's not the best virtual pet site.
    In the 'Random Chat' forum, yes - pretty much every topic in there is useless. There's like a group of 'popular people' there, and they're not the nicest people I've met on Marapets. Staff don't really communicate with users(but a few of them do :p), unlike Aywas you can't message a staffie to say Hi or anything. x[
    And it does seem they're on a 'banning' mood or something, :L I got banned for a ridiculous reason! The same thing happened to my friend on there, she got banned as well. -.-

13. cpvr

Reputations:
    What did they ban you for? I stay clear of the forums and my account has never been banned.

14. Panda!

Panda! Member VPL Member Approved Artist

Reputations:
    Marapets is throwing down the banhammer now? What? D=
    I've been on Mara soo long, nowadays I mainly lurk, though. It was good graphics experience, but now nobody has any interest in even FREEBIES because its all a game of popularity. I mean, I know that generally happens with graphics makers and stuff, but still. It bothers me to no end.
    Stealing used to be a HUGE problem, too (as in a couple months ago); not sure if it still is

Sad because I haven't found another pet site to hold my interest =P

15. Bee

Bee New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I got accused of sharing accounts, when I never did. I had clearly stated that I would possibly be sharing the same IP with friends or family, but yet they banned me. :L [edit] It's kinda a long story. >_<

I started graphics making at Marapets, :3. And Panda, come to Aywas. <3

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  16. Jenny Harper

Jenny Harper New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't expect any less from Marapets. They are capitalising on the prommies from Neopets. They need a banhammer and fast.

17. Sasha

Sasha New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Even though I love marapets to death and am a member of 4 years, I have to agree with everything that's being said on this thread. I am a Random Chatter never really realised that the topics in there are pointless until now... I guess I just got used to it after awhile. And the whole "popular" thing is kind of annoying too.

18. cpvr

Reputations:
    The Marapets forum is full of newbies who can't type properly and the adults there act just like little babies. At least some of them act like that.

Lion likes this.
  19. Lyrakish

Lyrakish Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    All those Neopets people that were banned when the monitors got a little ban happy, or even Neopets people now that get frozen when they swear on a site that states no swearing all go to Marapets.

I never expected anything more.

20. cpvr

Reputations:
    Well, do you blame those users? And not to mention @ian did target Neopets for a while - which explains his community "lacking" in "quality content".

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013