Virtual pets and Sim games community

Would you like to become a member of the most successful virtual pets and sim games community on the internet? Virtual pet list has been opened since 2011 and we've been providing game developers(owners), artists, players and writers with the most relevant, up to date, quality and in depth content covering the entire online pet games, sim games and browser based games industry. So, if if you're interested in discussing virtual pet games, game development or online sims, our flourishing forum is perfect for you. Our sneak peeks forum is designed for new owners to showchase their upcoming in development games.

You can learn how to manage, make money and learn all aboutonline pet game management or discuss the best ways of developing a sim game. Find new sites to play in our online games directory. Currently, there's a total of over 80 pet games and over 70 sim games in our directory. So, feel free to post a review, a comment, or leave a like on any online game that we have listed. If you like a game that we have listed, please help us out by sharing it on social media.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headIn icey them pet game Kaylune, a virtual pet site Breed online pet eliyo
    Managed Web Hosting by Liquid Web breed horses on this very active sim game

Browse our Online Games Directory
    Admin and webmasters community - Browser games Beastkeeper
    Gaming Reinvented

Meebo Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gabby, Jun 12, 2012.

1. It looks like Meebo Messenger is shutting down. :( Very sad for me to face. I've had an account with them since 2006. I used Meebo quite often during 2009 and 2010. Those were the years it hit the droid and I used the app to abusive extents.. Lol

This means users will no longer be able to access Meebo and Meebo's products such as AIM, MSN, Yahoo!, etc. This is hard for me to see. Meebo was a great product. What a shame.

The cause of it's death? Google's acquisition. Shortly after the acquisition was finalized, Google posted and it is breaking the hearts of many.

Some alternatives to Meebo: AIM Express, eBuddy, Digsby,, Trillian (source: Or you could just download the program itself, but some people do not prefer it
    origins virtual pet site origins kickstarter
    What's everyone's opinion on this? What does everything think? Personally, July 11th will be a very sad day in internet history for me. :(

Addition: Meebo Bar will still be visible and accessible to webmasters, but I'm afraid to say that's the start of a slow death. I haven't really seen any webmasters use meebo bars in frequency where they will stay alive - unless I'm on a Webs RPG - but Webs and Meebo have had an age old agreement already...
    #1 Gabby, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    origins virtual pet site origins kickstarter

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. Ive been using and I'm really very satisfied with it. Messengers are a dime a dozen to me I can't say that it's that upsetting to me. For me I'd just grab another if got shut down.

I'm really terribly sorry that you were so attached to meebo and they killed it for you though :'(
  3. @LoveLove I've grown away from it, it's the memories you don't forget.:)
    #3 Gabby, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  4. Most of Meebo's staff members are now going to work for Google - meaning, they'll help them in regards to Google+ It's a good move, but it looks like they brought Meebo for its staff members and not so much for their features, because Google already has an IM service called gTalk, and yes, it's heart-breaking, but these things tend to happen when a business is purchased by a larger company.
  5. I used this a few times when I didn't have any other option so it's weird seeing it shut down. After all those years, it seemed just like a staple of the internet.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Great way to say it, @KiaraKiara. That's the sad part. And @cpvrcpvr, they run everything x_x
    #6 Gabby, Jun 13, 2012
  7. I know right, but its also an old service, and plus, their employees know a lot about social - so Google is probably trying to re-invent themselves in social networking side of the Internet, because Google+ doesn't have a whole lot of engagement, currently, but they do have about 100 million users on the site already.
    #7 cpvr, Jun 13, 2012
  8. Google was NOT the downfall of meebo.
    The team wasn't making enough funds from it, so they sold it. And just in time it seems..
    Google now realizes they cannot profit from it, so they are closing it down, but are keeping up the search bar in hopes it can bring them in some extra money.

That is what I heard.
  9. I used Meebo all the time,used to ;n; I use Skype now, since most of my friends migrated to that messenger.
    It was such a magnificent way to have all of your messengers bunched into one, though. I thought it just meant that specific messenger, not Meebo in it's entirety! What terrible news =(
  10. I was also upset at the downfall of meebo. I switched to Trillian today after almost four years of using meebo x.x I have to say, I really do like Trillian much more, including the desktop client.
    • Like Like x 1