Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Members Spamming for Referrals

Discussion in 'Virtual Pet Information' started by Michi, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Michi

Michi Beware: Insane Admin Administrator

It has come to our attention that members have been pming other users with referral links to petsites. And not just one time, but over and over again if they felt the need to.

I will say right now, we do not allow this kind of behavior for this site. So I'm warning you now. Do it and your permabanned. Its one of the main rules of the site and it is one that has a zero tolerance policy.

If you want to support your site do it in other ways. Put the link or banner in your siggy or suggest the site to a user when they post looking for a new pet site board. Even try making a board on another site you go on and advertise it there, but don't go spamming users via pms or comments to do so on the sites there either.

Thank you for reading guys, and take heart to these words. This won't be put up with anymore. So if someone spams you with a link for a site, report it to us ASAP.
    Lewis likes this.
  2. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

And if someone continues to spam you, be sure to report them to the proper pet game that they're trying to refer from, and let their staff know that the user is going around spamming for referrals.
  3. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

Yeah, it's very important the administrator of the pet site being spammed is aware of the behavior also. Never assume an administrator already knows
  4. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Banned Pet Game Owner Banned

I had a mail about this on here, should I report it to KingdomSky?

I had someone use my referral link to Goatlings and then straight off give me a referral link to Subeta and then didn't even bother to play Goatlings. - Kinda sad, I thought.

Edit: Turns out the user who mailed me is banned now anyway.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  5. Velxeor

Velxeor Member VPL Member

Fucking bullshit how, despite spamming on every fucking site (and even getting banned on Aywas for it lol), the user spamming people via PM to join Kingdom Sky still has their referrals, referral trophies, and referral prizes.
  6. Dyl

Dyl Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

THANK YOU so much for this <333 People were PMing me like CRAZY for referrals to KS... o_O
  7. cpvr

What was their username? We got a report that it was the KS user King that was spamming here. Post the usernames here as well and hopefully report it to KS staff so they can do something about it.
  8. SpunkiSpirou

Yeah that's who I had doing it, but like I say it appears he's banned from here now.

He was polite about it like would you mind joining this site for me and putting 'King' in the referral bit, but when I like asked a question you know like what is the site about all I got was 'its a virtual pet site' - well duh I know that much but what is it? Is it like Marapets, is it a breeding site, are there freebie daily things, etc.?

And then something about like when I tried to join it a while back I got some weird message how the site didn't exist, that was when I went to join it, ages ago. And this user was like 'Try it now' and I'm like well I have a lot of tabs open so I'll do it later when I get off YouTube - cause that REALLY uses up my processor's resources.
  9. Velxeor

Velxeor Member VPL Member

It was King. He was on KS's shout box earlier bragging about hitting 100 referrals.
    cpvr likes this.
  10. SpunkiSpirou

Well I won't be using his referral link. At the end of the day he should have just posted it like on that board on here that says 'Post your referral links' or stuck it in the signature, then if people wanted to do it then they'd click on it. I feel like cause he doesn't even know me, its kinda rude to be trying to get people to do something when you haven't even done the basics of "Hey whats your name?" or "Hey would you like to be friends?".
  11. cpvr

I actually wonder what other sites he's spamming to obtain referrals. Aywas, VPL, and probably some more.:(
  12. Lyrakish

Lyrakish Member VPL Member

On Aywas he joined for the sole purpose of spamming people with PM's and his only post was to refer people.

KS has made a post about it but I won't be happy until he is stripped of his referrals.
  13. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

ya i got a pm from him yesterday

which is kind of stupid considering i had a link to my KS account when he sent the pm
    like thanks for the referral dude but something tells me i wont need it
    Gabby likes this.
  14. cpvr

Has he been banned on Aywas it? And can you post the KS news about it for us on another thread?
  15. Lyrakish

cpvr likes this.
  16. SpunkiSpirou

17. Lyrakish

Mine took weeks. I didn't get a registered e-mail or anything. All of that and KS is boring as anything. I have no idea what I'm doing. The art is wonderful but I'm not impressed.
  18. Dyl

Dyl Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

My acceptance literally took a few hours to one day. xP
    Yeah.. I have to agree though. It's VERY boring. I quit after two days :/
    The navigation was retarded. I had no idea where anything was. Had to keep asking the shoutbox. But after you adopt your pet.. all there is is playing Higher or Lower... that's like the only way to earn too.
    Lewis and Corleone like this.
  19. Lyrakish

Exactly. I mean there's no welcome newbies message, or a goal for what you want to do. The art is amazing and I love the characters. But...it's all a little too Mary Sue/Gary Stu with how they've conducted things. Like...a child's idea of a fairytale.

I'll stick to Aywas.
  20. SpunkiSpirou

I got accepted after like 5min, I thought it was going to take FOREVER and a day.

I think its alright, but yeah finding stuff is hard. Like the icons for inventory etc are so small you have to mouse-over and see what the link is (it says what it is at the bottom of google).