Virtual pets and Sim games community

Would you like to become a member of the most successful virtual pets and sim games community on the internet today? We've been opened since 2011 and since then, we've been providing web game developers, artists, players and writers with the most relevant, up to date, quality and in depth content covering the entire online browser based games industry. So, if you virtual pet games, game development or online sims, our forum is perfect for you. Our sneak peeks forum is designed for new owners to showchase their upcoming in dev games.

Discuss online pet game management or developing a sim game.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headIn icey them pet game Kaylune, a virtual pet site Breed online pet
    VigLink badge
    Novilar opening up for beta September 16 - Beastkeeper
    Gaming Reinvented

breed horses on this very active sim game

Browse our Online Games Directory
    Promote VPL - advertise here
    Admin and webmasters community - Browser games
    $300 posting contest ends on October 14th

Most Common Lies

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SpunkiSpirou, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Pretty funny this cause I've used some of them:

1. I won't laugh, I promise.
    2. Your table will be ready in a few minutes.
    3. I'm just kidding.
    4. I never got your text.
    5. I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions.
    6. You will need to know this later in life.
    7. I'm fine.
    8. Okay, just one more episode.
    9. I'm on my way.
    10. Sorry, my parents said no.

5, 7, 8 and 9 I have used before. :p How about you?

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. 5 is like.... number one lie for everyone! lol

but I've used: 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10

3. "I'm fine" is my most common lie.

4. That's one of mine as well. Sometimes I hate talking about what's on my mind.

Saying you like/love something and you really don't.
    Telling people you're from somewhere but you're really not.
    Telling people that you're skilled - especially for a new job when you're not.

5. Here are some more:
    I'm broke, but I have money... Then, why say you're broke?
    I don't have any gas.. Yet, you have a full tank. I clearly see that. But, gas money is important.
    "I don't use photoshop on my pictures", yea, clearly you don't. We've seen you in person, your photos look way different.
    "I hate that shit" - yet they still play it, or tell people about it.
    "I don't know why that's still there... " - Too lazy to clean it, maybe?
    "I'm lazy, I won't do shit.." Yup, a good lie. I do it too.
    "The TV broke, but I didn't do it"... Oh, but you were the only one in the room when it broke?:mad:
    "I know what's best for you..."
    "I know you like the back of my hand", so you slapped me with a back hand?:style

Anyone have lies that have been told to them, or heard people saying?
    @DaxterDaxter @GabbyGabby @PaulmerPaulmer @LewisLewis @viropetsviropets

#5 cpvr, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. It's not me it's you!

7. yes i am at least 18 years old

8. "5. I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions."*

lol I don't think I have ever in my life read a whole ToS. Just skim over, see what's bolded.

Oddly, I haven't done most on the list, or very rarely

#8 Kululu, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. You're not the only one, I do the same thing.

"No offense, but I mean no harm" - usually when this is said, it'll be offensive.
    "I'm watching that, don't touch the TV", then why are your eyes shutting? That's my lie everytime I'm passing out and I'm watching something. My girlfriend is always like "But, you're not watching it, you're falling asleep." I'm like "I'm not asleep yet, I'm still watching yet.."

XDDDDDDDDDD

10. My biggest one is I am fine or good when I am really not.

11. lol xD But oh, that's the way you want to enjoy your program. I've heard of people who do that, don't live with any though. =p

12. Haha, of course. I hate when I take my medications and they knock me out sooner than expected, which is why I fall asleep sometimes watching certain things. If it doesn't have a re-run, I hope that Netflix has it or Hulu. XD

Another common lie I've seen:
    "I've been loyal to all the people I've dated..." yet, there's prove you cheated before. Not so loyal, eh?

13. #13 cpvr, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  14. them lies are true, I use that I need space one a few times before on guys ;)

15. Ehh they aren't always true.

I sometimes despise things like that. It depends on the situation.

16. Depends on the situation, and what mindset each person has, feelings as well, correct? I know its starts off as being friendly to me, getting to know each other, then talk about dating comes. I'd rather be friends before even getting into a relationship.

17. Eh...

Like take the first one

Say you have two people in a relationship, right? One of them has horrible low self esteem and is causing jealousy problems in the relationship by constantly being the other's nag. The other gets annoyed with it so the low self esteem one turns around and says, "you deserve better." If you apply that lie ("I deserve better") to this situation, you'd be overgeneralizing. Does the person with less esteem deserve better, really? I doubt it. The other DOES deserve better because all the other one is doing is bringing them down with nagging jealous remarks that are simply a reflection of how they perceive themselves.

I don't think that ^^ applies to everyone, but neither does that image.. those are gross overgeneralizations

18. Good question though. Yup, the second person deserves better really. Sometimes you can't help it, you just have to let go and move in.

[​IMG]

Moving on, and letting go is the hardest part of any relationship.

But if you can't get along, there's no point in pushing it, right? In a sense of, you never talk, communicate or hang out, all you do is fight and bicker. That's a cause of concern for a relationship, I would say.

19. 1, 5, 7, and 8.
    And though, it's not there, I have to say I've lied about liking someone's clothes. xP

^ Oh gosh, can't tell you how many times I've done that to my brother lol. He tries to turn off the TV, I'm half asleep but awake enough to tell him that I was watching it. I usually crash after two minutes from that conversation with him though.

#19 Shark, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  20. I will laugh. I laugh everytime. Stop believing me when I say I won't, because that promise makes it irrisistable. ;)