Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Need Opinions ~New site...

Discussion in 'Virtual Pet Information' started by MichaelCrystal, Jul 6, 2012.

1. MichaelCrystal

MichaelCrystal Member VPL Member

So me and small team are making a new site, for Gamers.

It's the gamers version of Facebook. A gamer's social network. Part of the site is the rating for all the games out there. To start with I you, the public, to list some under this thread. This includes all gamers, we are keeping to internet games, not PS2 Games, or any other game system game. Only online games.

Let's start out with some popular virtual pet games, since that's the audience we're going for when we release.
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved Artist VPL Member

@MichaelCrystal
    Would games like Call of duty series be included? or just browser based?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  3. MichaelCrystal

Browser Based for now. Perferrably your favorite/popular VPS's! Maybe for you it would be Kingdom Sky? I see you hae that in your siggy?
  4. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved Artist VPL Member

@MichaelCrystal. correcto! KingdomSky for me.
    there is also.
    Paladore
    icepets
    Ichumon
    NeoruGalaxy
    PetRPG
  5. vplspride

vplspride Member VPL Member

6. Micky

Micky midterm madness Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Maybe @MichaelCrystal's talking about a "hub" for online game socializing / networking. I'm not sure though. :c

Other sites:

Rescreatu
    Subeta
  7. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Sounds good to me. Good luck with this. Reviews? Previews?
  8. MichaelCrystal

@Neon

Yes exactly, you will be able to talk about games, secrets, how to do things, to talk about all games, and I WILL release one little big detail to the site.

Not saying how often, but OFTEN(At least one going on at any time) Contests for FREE GoCash Pins (We will have different ones, such as Wally and such, different Gaming Cards that you can use for all games, we know GoCash will be a big one.) $5-$100 Pins! The first contests we have on the social network is an "Keep Active" and the more your active on the site the better chance you have at winning the pin. And that's just the icing on the cake. We have lot's more to offer. We are *wanting* to open in a month, late this month/August. :)

We will NOT be using any images of pets/items/ect, from petsites. Depending on copyright rules we have to look into, we might use the logo of the site, saying the Image is copyrighted to that site, and/or Source: Somesite.com. If that doesn't comply with the rules (I'm pretty sure it does though), I will have a basic form that sites can sign if they wish to let us use their logo (ONLY if it comes down to it) And if they wish not to participate in it, they won't be in our system, and the site won't be supported by our site. So it's a lose-lose if the site rejects. Like I said, i'm pretty sure you don't have too as long as you put Source or something,

Can anyone refresh my memory on the copyright stuff like that?

Thanks
  9. vplspride

10. Micky

Micky midterm madness Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

What about site graphics and banners that pet sites have that can be used off-site? I.e. referral graphics? Could those substitute as site "logos"?
  11. MichaelCrystal

@vplspride
    All that part is just rating the different sites, it's like reviews for the sites, which tons of sites do, all using the logos and many other pictures from the sites. Always saying Source: somesite.com AND most sites in their copyright rules say it's fine as long as you use source: theirsite.com.

It's beneficial for two reasons. One, the rating will make other players that are on the social network to play that game too! So they get more players too! The free gifts help the site, because there is a chance that the user will spend it on that site.
    @Neon
    In my opinion, they could on the site, or we could always just make a logo for the site.

Anyone else have any advice about the images (logos)?
  12. vplspride

13. MichaelCrystal

Okay, well I have a better idea for it, lol Don't worry I know what im doing isn't affecting copyrighting laws. :) Plus using logos isn't original. What I'm doing now is original :) This isn't even 5% of the site, it's a sub-section, just to show what users think of each site, it's just the ratings. :)
  14. vplspride

15. MichaelCrystal

@vplspride
    I have created serveral sites before so I know what i'm doing as far as being original and creative. That being what it is, I can't release any more details about the site, because well that would spoil the whole surprise and everything for the site.

And you really misunderstood what i said. Users wouldn't pay. We would hold a sweepstake like contest on the site for the users, and being active will be one of them, you wouldn't pay anything. We would pay you. The sweepstakes are like 5-100$ pins for gocash for Games! I can't tell you much more than that, :)

So I cannot really say what it is at the moment, but you will see when released.

Let's please stay on topic though, :)

~Anymore game names?
  16. vplspride

17. MichaelCrystal

@vplspride lol Okay, I was just saying, that I thank you for that copyright information, but I wanted to get back to what the post was really about. :) lol And most sites are free, and as far as it stands right now all my sites will be free, (basic user stuff). I attend to keep it free since it's not really a game, it's simply a social network. :)

Thanks for your help, also I know of that list, it just was I wanted the ones that alot of the people like, I'm looking for all-time fav's which I thought I could get by having users tell me their personal favorite games, :)
  18. Varga

Varga Member VPL Member

Hmm sounds interesting. Just a question, though. These sweepstakes, contests or whatever it's called, will they be for everyone around the world? Or just for people in the US? (And I have no idea what the GoCash is...)

My favorite game is Neopets. I know a lot of people hate it, but I love it. :p What about Nick game cards for a contest prize?
  19. MichaelCrystal

I might make it Gocash, Nick cards, I might just give a list of cards that we support, and then say "$5 Game Card, Your Choice of Card", and it will be internationally, you will recieve the pin both by email & by PM on the site ;)
  20. Varga

Varga Member VPL Member

Sounds good. ^^