Neopets is lauching a tv show soon

cpvr

Owner
Administrator
Feb 7, 2020
Texas
According to Neopets' parent company, Jumpstart, there's currently a new Neopets's tv show in the works.

Jumpstart will be teaming up with the Beach House Pictures company on their new Neopets Tv show. Their upcoming show will be the first animated tv show based upon the online game of Neopets.

So, how do you feel about this? Do you think its too late for neopets to get involved with the tv industry or not really?

Let's not forget, Neopets is still one of the most successful and popular pet sites in our niche. Do you see their entry into the tv industry as a new game changer for the entire pet game industry and/or a bust?

Source: https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/12/is-it-2004-already-neopets-animated-tv-show-in-the-works/

Last edited:
They are! I think it's a good move to try and bring back attention to the game. It's definitely not too late, with a younger generation that knows nothing about neopets, they can cultivate a whole new community. However, I think the only potential downside to this move is that it implies they're looking to move Neopets away from the browser based realm and more into a commercialized, juvenile focused video game (or PC game) niche. The reason I say this is because this new segment expects more engaging, interactive games. So far the marketing team over there seems to be thinking the same to that degree as well, as they seem to be putting more money into things like this than continuing to build out the core browser game. I have a feeling we'll see neopets video games next.

Reactions: cpvr
I think it's really awesome that they're doing that, but also I hope they do a huge overhaul and revamp the website completely.
Possible art revamp as well???

That's a lot to ask for, but if they're just making a tv show just for more exposure that's fine too. I hope the writers are really good though!

A video game for neopets...I never thought about that, but if it was like an mmo that would be super cool.
A simple questline video game would probably be fine too if they're trying to do cute short story games I guess.

I just hope for them that it works out and any risks they take pays out.

They are! I think it's a good move to try and bring back attention to the game. It's definitely not too late, with a younger generation that knows nothing about neopets, they can cultivate a whole new community. However, I think the only potential downside to this move is that it implies they're looking to move Neopets away from the browser based realm and more into a commercialized, juvenile focused video game (or PC game) niche. The reason I say this is because this new segment expects more engaging, interactive games. So far the marketing team over there seems to be thinking the same to that degree as well, as they seem to be putting more money into things like this than continuing to build out the core browser game. I have a feeling we'll see neopets video games next.
I totally agree! This is what I've been thinking as well because I've seen a few different articles that have said Neopets will mainly focus on their mobile app and not so much on their main website. I'm just surprised that a tv show wasn't released during Neo's prime. I wouldn't be too shocked if they branched out in the video games industry either.

I think it's really awesome that they're doing that, but also I hope they do a huge overhaul and revamp the website completely.

That's a lot to ask for, but if they're just making a tv show just for more exposure that's fine too. I hope the writers are really good though!

A video game for neopets...I never thought about that, but if it was like an mmo that would be super cool.
A simple questline video game would probably be fine too if they're trying to do cute short story games I guess.

I'd like to see a huge overhaul of the entire Neopets website as well. Their website is still stuck in the late 90's because their flash games need to be updated and changed to html 5.

Have you tried their new mobile app, Legends and Letters?

Reactions: Jawn

They actually have released two (?) video games in the past - The Darkest Faerie for PS2 (which I actually really loved!) and Puzzle Adventure (which I thought was not great... in modern times it would be in essence an app).

Their character lore and plots that have built up over the years has been so vast, it makes sense to move it to TV and/or additional video games. I'd love for them to animate some of their old plots! Though, I feel like most of them would be considered too dark for Jumpstart's brand.

They actually have released two (?) video games in the past - The Darkest Faerie for PS2 (which I actually really loved!) and Puzzle Adventure (which I thought was not great... in modern times it would be in essence an app).

Their character lore and plots that have built up over the years has been so vast, it makes sense to move it to TV and/or additional video games. I'd love for them to animate some of their old plots! Though, I feel like most of them would be considered too dark for Jumpstart's brand.
What are some of your favorite things to do on the Darkest Faerie? What made neo's puzzle adventure game not so great? If you had the opportunity, how would you improve Neopet's puzzle adventure game? What old plots would you like to see Neopets' animate?

Also, if Netdragon(https://whizord.com/chinese-company-netdragon-buys-neopets-developer-jumpstart/) didn't purchase Jumpstart(Neopets), do you think Neopets would still be pushing towards to the tv industry or not really?