1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

New gadgets/technology that you've bought or are waiting to be released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jun 20, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Well, I've been on a roll lately in terms of buying new technology. I purchased my new laptop and I also bought the iPhone 4. Everything cost a lot, but its nice to have newer technology, especially for a phone or laptop.

So, thus, what's the latest gadgets you've paid for? What new gadgets are you waiting to come out? Personally, I can't wait to see what the iPhone 5 looks like and what type of features it'll have over the current iPhone 4.

So, anyways, do you buy new things often or every few months?

2. ThomasMosey

ThomasMosey Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't buy new things very often, I'm a soft-core gamer, so high-end PC's and upgrades etc. don't apply to me, but I do own an iPhone 4 and will be buying the iPhone 5 if it looks significantly different (In a good way) to the iPhone 4/4S.

Another thing I always wanted was the Raspberry Pi, hopefully I'll be ordering one soon! :)

3. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    My newest thing is my ipad 2. In the next month or so I plan to build a HacPro.

4. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    im waiting for the device that allows me to stay in bed all day while still maintaining a healthy and productive lifestyle

Organic likes this.
  5. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Pet Game Owner Pet Game Owner Banned

Reputations:
    The 3 newest things I have are: PS3 (60GB backwards compatible big heavy thing), Nintendo DS - Lime Green (only got that so I could play Professor Layton) and this Samsung netbook that I use.

Not really waiting for anything new to come out, and the only thing new I'm planning to buy is a new netbook, but it'll have to be a Samsung model, their the only model I like now. And it'll be on Windows 7 cause I doubt I'm gonna be able to get an XP system now.

6. Lauren

Lauren Mrs. Bouncer VPL Member

Reputations:
    The newest gadget I've bought was my nook simple touch. It is absolutely fantastic, I've been doing a lot of reading on it :D

I also love my iphone 4s, it is my babyyyy.

7. cpvr

Reputations:
    Oh, the irony behind this post, how do you think that could happen though? Eating healthy, and exercising is the best way to maintain a healthy and productive lifestyle.;)
    @SpunkiSpirou How much did the PS3 cost you, and the Nintendo DS? I haven't checked the price of gaming systems in a while.
    @Lauren I'm always on my iPhone, lmao. It's so convenient. I need to install Tapatalk on it though. What are some of your favorite apps for it?

=D How much did the iPad 2 cost[if you don't mind me asking?] Can you access a lot of pet sites without any problems on it?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  8. SpottyWolf

SpottyWolf Official Derp Wolf Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    i'm perfectly happy with my passed down laptop from my hubby and basic phone. :p I have my ipod gen 4 I'm happy with too!

9. Lauren

Lauren Mrs. Bouncer VPL Member

Reputations:
    @cpvr I know right! I'm not sure what my favorite apps are...the ones I use the most are reddit, facebook, tumblr, and rage comics, lol. My favorite app is probably Temple Run.

10. cpvr

Reputations:
    I have Twitter and facebook on my phone as well. It's such a life-saver when you're bored late at night. XDD

Are you excited for the iPhone 5 though?;)

Woot! I think they're a lot of iPhone owners here! Team Apple!:style

11. Richy

Richy Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm also waiting for the iPhone 5. Hopefully it's released this year!

The newest gadget that I have is my iPad and the wireless keyboard that goes with it. I'm saving up for a new notebook (probably Acer) and a new tablet as well!

12. cpvr

Reputations:
  13. SpottyWolf

SpottyWolf Official Derp Wolf Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I prefer Android over iOS any day. But it is nice that hubby does develop for both. :3

14. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    @cpvr

Well its been a minute now but Im pretty sure it was 499.99 I got it directly from apple refurbished so basically got the larger hd for free :)

Yes, I play all petsites with it and type on these forums with it. It works great. My only gripe is it doesnt have flash obviously so no flash games from it.

15. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Pet Game Owner Pet Game Owner Banned

Reputations:
    @cpvr the PS3 was about $100 from the shop I got it from.

The Nintendo DS, I wanted the green one but by the time I wanted to get one I was told how the green one was a limited edition one and was no longer available to buy brand new, I'd have to go online and get one second hand.

So went on eBay and got one that was listed as 'Used' but really they could have listed it as 'Brand New' because there was absolutely nothing wrong it and it came with its original box and sticks and two games one was Brain Training and the other was something related to that. And then I've got all the Professor Layton games from Amazon.

But it was like $160, and it is the best 'used' item I have ever bought.