Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

New Video Gaming Forum!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by MrCjTheFish, Mar 14, 2012.

1. MrCjTheFish

MrCjTheFish New Member VPL Member

Greetings! This post is to announce the opening of a brand new forum. I had previously used the Everything else marketing place to help drum up some staff for the site, and we, (sorta) decided on a name.

Anyway, about the forum. It is a forum dedicated to gaming, Pc, console, browser-based, whatever! We also are hoping that we can become a large roleplaying forum, as we have a section for that as well.

Literally the forum just started today, so we have no members, and no posts. If you are interested in working on the forum, either as moderator or Admin, drop me a private message.

Maybe in the future, if the forum grows to a reasonable size, @cpvr could do a partnership or something with us.

The URL is
    http://video-gaming-forum.com/

Help us out and join and make a few posts!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Hikaru

Hikaru New Member VPL Member

I'm curious, why start a video-gaming forum? There are tons out there...for fun? For eventual profit? (though I have a hard time imagining such a forum ever doing such). But what the heck...*plans on posting random threads like crazy*

EDIT: Awww...there aren't that many forums as I thought there would be. I only have a DS...
    And I find it unfair that you're giving a specific forum to just one series when it supposed to be for all kinds of games. D: Maybe you can group games to genres instead so that some boards won't look so empty?
  3. Jolly

Jolly Approved Artist Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

I registered, sounds fun! I love video games.
  4. vanillaeclair

vanillaeclair New Member VPL Member

Signing up - but I'm afraid you won't see me much in the first three sub-forums in the Games section. XD Oh well.
  5. Don Relentless

Don Relentless Member VPL Member

bah. ive joined =)

EDIT - Im not posting much. the website is VERY slow <_<
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  6. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Ya, that's a hard forum to run. There's so many competitors in that niche alone, but if you work hard, its possible to get big. Good luck with this @MrCjTheFish It'll be a tough road ahead.
  7. MrCjTheFish

@Hikaru
    Starting it for fun really, hoping to have it go big.
    As for your concerns about lack of forums, well, keep I mind, the site just launched last night. I am open to suggestions/Reformatting the forum, and if you would like to play a role in this, please contact me via PM on the forum.

@Vermillion
    Awesome possum thanks!

@vanillaeclair
    Are you a handheld device gamer?

@Don Relentless
    Interesting. The site should be rather quick

---

General notice- I am open to all suggestions on the forums, just hit me up via PM. The site is FOR all games, and ALL devices. While it may not reflect it at this time, please have some patience while I continue sorting things out.

The sites ready to go, as it has the major gaming consoles and games, however, just a few final touches need to be made, and those with suggestions should contact me.

There should be no problem with load times, it loads fast for me, and a few other people i've had test it.
    And if your interested in becoming staff, do please drop me a PM as well.

By all games, I also mean Browser-based, MMO's etc.
    Still looking to find a better way to structure things
  8. vanillaeclair

vanillaeclair New Member VPL Member

Sort of - but I use the PC mostly as well.

Ahh, I noticed you changed the Games section. :D That makes me happy.
  9. Hikaru

Hey, cool. You actually did change the boards in to genres. :D
    I'll start posting some stuff tomorrow. I have to sleep now.
  10. Adam Calhoun

Adam Calhoun New Member VPL Member

It looks pretty good thus far I must say.
  11. Hikaru

A little question: have I been verified already? Seems like I can't post in the forums yet...username's Kyrie. :D
  12. MrCjTheFish

@Hikaru
    Did you do the email thing where you check it and click the link? If not, or if so, and you are having trouble, let me know and I will manually verify you, as obviously you are not a bot...or are you? jkjk
  13. Hikaru

Well if there was an e-mail, I wouldn't be having this problem. /shot (which means that I didn't receive anything of the sort)
    I think it would be easier to manually verify me. XD
  14. Hasi

Hasi New Member VPL Member

Aw... you know. I browsed your forum a bit, I thought it would be fun, as I own many systems (Xbox360, Playstation3, Wii, DS, GBA, GBC, GC, Sega Genesis) as well as play PC games. But then you get a comment like...

And that's an instant turn away for me. Especially as it's coming from the owner of the forum. I mean, seriously? Not very friendly.
  15. MrCjTheFish

Are you not aware of the rivalry between owners of each console? I would assume that you would much rather have someone honest running the forum, then someone who is going to blatantly lie and sugar coat things. Not only did you forget to leave out the winky face, (Which is a clear indicator of a playful tone), but you left out the other half of my post
    As a gaming forum owner, I its not a big deal to me as to what console you play on. The community is a place for us to unite. Share our opinions, and network. As I stated before, would you rather have an admin thats going to lie to your face or give you HIS honest opinion on a console?

I see nothing wrong with what I did, just having a bit of fun. Next time, if you have something like this to address with me, please contact me by other means, as opposed to making a public spectacle of it.

If you are a gamer yourself, you should be aware of this huge rivalry between console owners. If not, just go to any trailer for a new game coming out, and look at the comments. Its a raging war.

Previously, in my old gaming forum, we even had a console wars section, where people could respectfully battle it out as to which consoles better! People loved it! By saying "PLAYSTATION SUCKS!!!" its not an insult to the person, or a reflection of that person. Its a persons opinion. As opposed to saying "THE PS3 is garbage, blahblahblah" I choose to simply state that it was not my most preferred console.

If you were offended by this post, I am deeply apologetic. If you have already made up your mind to stay away from the forum, then ultimately that is your choice, and there is nothing I can do about it. I would be honored to have you join up.

If you wish to see this post remove, please let me know, as I will gladly remove it, whether you decide to sign up or not.

@Hikaru Okay your good now, the email must have gone to your spam or something.
  16. Hikaru

@MrCjTheFish
    I checked my spam and it wasn't there...oh well, no matter. Time to check the forum~ (sorry for late reply. My internet's been sucky lately.)
  17. Games24x7

Games24x7 New Member VPL Member

Exactly after 1 year and 6 month i noticed your forum , you really have lots of active threads and replies. Good to see this. :)
  18. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Well, welcome back. How you been?