Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Nice and relaxed and ready for bed and then....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpunkiSpirou, Jul 2, 2012.

1. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Banned Pet Game Owner Banned

...the biggest bloody spider ever, runs across the floor at me!

Cue to scream like a girl granted...

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Bloody thing's run behind something, I've spent the last 45min trying to find it so I can get it with the deodorant spray can, I can't find the bloody thing, my heart beat is racing, I can feel my heart pounding in my chest.

My skin feels like its crawling all over me.

I can't turn the living room light out because it then means having to walk across the room in the dark to get to my room, no way am I walking across a dark room when that thing's in there.

Shut my bedroom door, and how handy the door doesn't close properly, the bottom bit is too wide to fit in the gap.

On top of that, I am now WIDE AWAKE and can't even so much as think about sleeping.

Times like this I wish I had a hoover, cause it would be straight up that thing in under 3 seconds.
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

*shivers* I have a fear of spiders. :(
  3. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Oh my, spiders sure know how to hide. What color was it?
  4. SpunkiSpirou

@Gabby You and me both, its why I wish Dax was here, only time when he's brave when he's getting the spiders away from me.
    @cpvr Black, cause its one of those blood 'Giant House Spider' s. The common house spider is brown, and the bigger version is black. I would rather take on a facehugger from alien.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  5. cpvr

Oh, my, does it bite?:( Like does it have any poisen in it?
  6. SpunkiSpirou

that should have said bloody, not blood. yeah the giant house spider bites, as i've read, which is why i use something (empty 2 litre fanta bottle) to poke around where it ran to, i don't want it to jump on me.

common house spider (brown) doesn't bite, but giant house spider (black) does - because the GHS is the result of the CHS meeting a breeding with one called the Hobo Spider which came across from USA, which is big and bites, which is where GHS got its bite from. - I thought the CHS was just getting bigger so i looked it up and found all this info.

as far as i know, their not poisonous. I really hope their not, I've had them crawling all over me in bed before!
  7. cpvr

Did you ever find it though? Perhaps, you should get your house sprayed down for pests. It'll keep all those bugs out side including spiders.

And thanks for the information, I hope you were safe last night.
  8. SpunkiSpirou

Nope haven't found it yet, although I haven't actually left my bedroom yet. Starting to get hungry though so I might have to leave it soon :(
  9. SpunkiSpirou

@cpvr @Gabby It came out again last night, I don't know where it came from but one minute there was nothing on the floor, next minute I looked it was there. THE Giant House Spider where you can see each of the three parts of its body, its feelers, the parts on its legs - and they do the horrible like come out of the body, go up slightly curve round and come back down.

Just seeing it and I was shaking, and then it lifted its front legs up and started waving them around like it was making some sort of magic spell. (They do this because they smell through their feet and its actually smelling the air when it does this - but OMG its so freaky!) Grabbed spray can and it got a face full of that, it ran off behind some bags. And it were like at that point, I knew it was there I had to find it and get rid of it. So I started moving stuff - dead slowly cause this is the kind that bites - and it went running across the floor, it shot out and just ran across the floor and under some magazines - and they run at near lightning speed, like roadrunner on TV, which is why they freak me out as well.

The legs and the speed - EUGH!

At this point I was shaking uncontrollably and heartbeat racing and all the rest of it, the good thing is it was only 10:15pm so I got me phone and phoned my next door neighbor and said "There's a spider situation here, can you come downstairs and deal with it please?" and he came downstairs and he's not bothered by them. He catches it in a pint glass (anything smaller than that and they don't fit in) slips sheet of paper underneath and it goes out the door. Sorted.

And then I went to go use the loo, cause I really needed it by then, and there was one plastered against the side of the bath (this is after the neighbour's gone back upstairs to his flat), I screamed but then cause it was the bathroom I have a load of spray things in there, got one of those sprayed it and it ran off into a gap that goes round the back of the bath. And then I couldn't go to the loo cause I didn't need it after that.

I have been in this flat for 1 month and I have met 7 Giant House Spiders, I swear if I come across another one like tonight (touch wood) I will go stay in a hotel. In Boroughbridge you only saw like 3 a year.

And then after I calmed down, stopped shaking etc. I went on Neopets and then jumped out my skin when I saw this:
    [​IMG]

And speaking of Neopets @cpvr I knew I'd seen a bobblehead somewhere else, besides Subeta:
    [​IMG]
  10. cpvr

@SpunkiSpirou Glad your neighbor managed to take care of the situation. Salute to him. Ya, those bobblehead items are pretty cool. I owned a few of them outside of the web - with baseball stars as a bobblehead. I'm not sure where I put them all though.
    Gabby likes this.
  11. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

Haha I'm glad your neighbor came to the rescue also!
  12. SpunkiSpirou

Found one in the kitchen earlier, just before I had to run to the bathroom to puke - not spider related though I dunno what thats about yet - right now its still sat under the glass in the kitchen, it was a common house spider, you can tell cause they look like the giant house spider but their a lot smaller. And I think this one might be a baby CHS cause I know the CHS is supposed to be a little bit bigger than that one in the glass.

Its gonna stay there all night now and remain there until either one of two things happens:

1. the neighbour comes and removes it
    2. it runs out of oxygen and dies

whichever comes first.