1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Off-site chat rooms links - Paladore.com

Discussion in 'Aywas' started by cpvr, Mar 6, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Source: http://www.paladore.com/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=3495

What does everyone think about this rule change? Was it something that you weren't expecting?

2. Ricky

Ricky Guest

Reputations:
    It was something I didnt see coming, I never thought that paladore would stop people sharing personal information such as email addresses at their own risk.
    :(

3. Ollie

Ollie Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    I definitely think this is a bad move for Paladore.
    I'm sure there are reasons for it however.

4. Lauren

Lauren Mrs. Bouncer VPL Member

Reputations:
  5. Lewis

Lewis Corepets owner VPL Staff Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    What happens if you break this rule? I think it should be up to the user to share personal information.

6. Draco

Draco Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I can understand home addresses, phone numbers, and maybe even Facebook accounts, but Instant Messengers?

Really.

7. Undel

Undel Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Isn't Paladore moving to be COPPA compliant? If so, that might be the reason for the change.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  8. Ricky

Ricky Guest

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    No more links or friend making.
    :(

^^
    My response D'=

9. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    While I can understand facebook and phonenumbers... but msn? Well, it's not like I'm surprised. =/

10. Ricky

Ricky Guest

Reputations:
    Im sure that Ole has a valid reason for this rule being introduced. the COPPA not being It, I think it more for the user security and safety.

11. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    The warning they left in Privacy Policy wasn't enough? =P​

12. Ricky

Ricky Guest

Reputations:
    @Joy. you dont have to mug it girl XD

<3

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  13. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't understand how I'm "mugging" it.

14. Ricky

Ricky Guest

Reputations:
    @Joy... me either...

15. Kiara

Kiara Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    I think this change is absolutely ridiculous. I guess someone ended up in the hospital because of off-site harassment going on? Sorry for her/him, but really?

I get the actual personal information like full names, addresses, facebooks. But now we can't IM people? Chat with people? Share our tumblrs? It just seems like it's going too far by banning everything possible.

I heard it might get changed, so I just really hope it does.

16. Trinity

Trinity New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    If it really was one situation, and they know who the users are... Why don't they punish /those/ users who were bullying, not all Paladore's users?

17. Ricky

Ricky Guest

Reputations:
    @Trinity, They cant as the bullying happened offsite. It cant be moderated by them.

18. Drea

Drea Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

Reputations:
    ... more reason for me to not play Paladore? (shrug)

19. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Yup, I believe they are. But still though, overage players should be allowed to do this. Most friendships happen on pet sites, and the sharing of instant messengers usually help those relationships. I guess a lot of players shouldn't be looking to Paladore as a place to meet new people(social networking at its finest), but I could see why they don't want the sharing of that information - they have a shoutbox, and perhaps, they're working on a chat like system that would defeat the purpose of sharing instant messengers? Not sure, but there's a reason why they did this. I understand a user was bullied, but that's not really Paladore's fault - they're not in the business to police all users messaging and such.

20. Jolty

Jolty Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Does anyone know what happened? Were they regular users? Did they meet through Paladore?