1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Guest,

Over the next few days there may be some slight changes to VPL. If you see something going on don't be alarmed we most likely know about it! If you have any troubles please contact Evolution.

Happy Holidays
    The VPL Staff
  3. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Positive Transaction Positive Transactions (small Blurbs)

Discussion in 'Board of Inquiry - Buyer and Seller feedback' started by kami, Feb 14, 2012.

1. kami

kami Moderator Moderator VPL Member

Reputations:
    Edit by Gabby: Since the introduction of the Board of Inquiry board, this thread's new intended use is for those who want to write a short, nice small blurb for a seller but do not want to create a new thread. It is okay to do both over time but posting the same post on this thread then as a new thread may be classified as spam.

This thread was made because it was needed to be made. (Seriously, waaay too much negativity as of late. And not just limited to this topic. ಠ_ಠ) I know there are similar threads to this, but I feel like there are a multitude of negative transaction threads, why not have multiple positive ones?

Anyway, post ONLY positive transactions that you had with a seller or buyer or trade or whatever.

So, for me:

@DreaDrea Super great and awesome :D She's honest and fast and so very skilled! She's one of those people in the world that keeps me sane <3 Wuv you x3

@PaulSonnyPaulSonny Great to work with and so so patient and understanding <3

@nobackseatnobackseat @IcyIcy Two great dudes who are equally great at programming and being a friend <3 (I miss you two, let's chat more!)

@MartynMartyn @DzhelasiDzhelasi @TuketiTuketi @indysolo621indysolo621 Really easy to have worked with and really nice! Love you all c:

And just because she's awesome: @JoyJoy <3

So who have you worked with and how super special awesome was it?

PS. I hope this is in the right place, I wasn't sure where to put it o-o;

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  2. kami

Reputations:
    This thread was made because it was needed to be made. (Seriously, waaay too much negativity as of late. And not just limited to this topic. ಠ_ಠ) I know there are similar threads to this, but I feel like there are a multitude of negative transaction threads, why not have multiple positive ones?

Anyway, post ONLY positive transactions that you had with a seller or buyer or trade or whatever.

So, for me:

@DreaDrea Super great and awesome :D She's honest and fast and so very skilled! She's one of those people in the world that keeps me sane <3 Wuv you x3

@PaulSonnyPaulSonny Great to work with and so so patient and understanding <3

@nobackseatnobackseat @IcyIcy Two great dudes who are equally great at programming and being a friend <3 (I miss you two, let's chat more!)

@MartynMartyn @DzhelasiDzhelasi @TuketiTuketi @indysolo621indysolo621 Really easy to have worked with and really nice! Love you all c:

And just because she's awesome: @JoyJoy <3

So who have you worked with and how super special awesome was it?

PS. I hope this is in the right place, I wasn't sure where to put it o-o;

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  3. Lewis

Lewis Corepets owner Moderator VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    @LizLiz is great to work with and very fast at making items.

4. Drea

Drea Approved Writer Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
  5. Joy

Joy Veteran Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    @LollyLolly
    Because she's capable of making quality graphics, she does her work on time or otherwise notifies the commissioner, she is positive but honest, and she never fails to impress others with her talent.

@kamikami and @DreaDrea
    Two awesome people that I know who work hard, do their best in everything they do, and never fail to improve where improvement can be made.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  6. PaulSonny

PaulSonny Boopets owner VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer VPL Member

Reputations:
    I had quite a few transactions with people here at VPL that have gone really well...the immediate ones I can think of are: Apologies if I have missed anyone!!

@DreaDrea, @kamikami, @bamboo123bamboo123, @DylDyl, @LollyLolly, @indysolo621indysolo621

I would recommend anyone of these guys.

Paul.

P.S. Thanks for the lovely comments about me above! Gives me such a boost!

7. Martyn

Martyn Director of Seripets Pet Game Owner Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Alright, well this is my list.. as I've worked with many people, I'ma try include most of the ones I can remember:

@DreaDrea - Your a wonderful young girl with extreme eye for detail, your also an extremely kind hearted person and have helped me get back up when I'm down.
    Your art is amazing and you do it in such a short time (this will still include AMAZING details, so don't worry people looking to buy from Drea. <3)
    Honestly, your work is extremely well done.

@kamikami - The graphics art you do is.. just- words can't describe how good your stuff is, honestly.. I'm amazed at the amount of work you put into banners. : )
    You do things when needed and you make sure they are done to the highest quality (which is extremely high in my opinion.)
    Anyone who buys from Kami knows it's going to be good (plus your extremely friendly. <3)

@VermillionVermillion - I've known Vermillion for quite a while now and gosh... she has improved so much since we first talked about art.
    Her art is to die for... it contains extremely good details that a lot of artists forget to even put, even that's an understatement.
    I can recommend her to pretty much anyone, she has great art and is very friendly. <3

@ToadToad - Words seriously can't describe how good her art is.. plus how friendly she is.
    She is by far.. the friendliest person ever in the Virtual Pet Community. Her art is wonderful and she intends to make it extremely high quality.
    A positive experience easily. <3

@bamboo123bamboo123 - Your unique, easily unique. Your more like a friend than a staff member, in all honestly.
    Every one of the experiences I've had with you has been perfect, even if I get a tiny bit frustrated at times, haha. xD
    Your a multi-talented person. <3

@ElzElz - Although I haven't actually bought anything from you.. you definately are a positive experience to work with.
    You have extremely good eye for detail, probably one of the best in the Virtual Pet Site business... and your quality of art astonishes me.
    Your a positive person to work with, I can easily say that.

@CorsairCorsair - Same as above, I haven't bought anything from you.
    But it's easy to see that you are a positive artist and that you work well.. : )
    You are easily a positive experience to work with.

And thanks for mentioning me Kami. <3

8. Elz

Elz Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @MartynMartyn - Thankyou so much! What a nice comment to see in the morning. <3 I honestly don't know what to say. xD
    I havent worked with you before, but from our livestreams and chats I'd bet you're a great guy to work with - You make awesome music, too!

@DiscoDisco - I'm currently working with Disco on her in-dev site; we havent had any arguements or bad situations. I'm comfortable with her paying after I send all the files, too. :)

@KikuKiku - I havent bought anything off her, but she has done work for me as a good friend - She's lovely to work with, incredibly polite, and one of my favourite artists. I certainly look up to her, and wish her the best in the art industry~

@EmmaEmma - I've worked with Emma before on a few occasions, and every time she's been great, she had no problem paying half upfront either. <3

@kittykitty - I did a few backgrounds for her site exhibited-sim; it was nice working with her as well as seeing appriciation from her as well as the users on site :)

@marvelhosemarvelhose - I did a background/map image for marvel, and there was no problems whatsoever. Again, nothing wrong with paying half up front and half after, which was nice!

@DzhelasiDzhelasi - I've worked with Dz in the past too, I've waited for a short while so she could send payment (after sending the files over) as she had some issues, but I was comfortable with it and she paid in full. Nice person to work with <3

@SlashmasterSlashmaster - Probabaly my biggest client, I've worked with Slash on multiple sites. Very professional and never any problems with payment, a great person to work for. :D

Phew. I've probabaly worked with more, but I dont like writing so much. e.e;

Edit: And some people I've become good friends with! They're all great people, I couldnt describe them all otherwise I'd be here forever. :p

@bamboo123bamboo123 @EtnikEtnik @kamikami @DreaDrea @JoyJoy @LizLiz

9. Corzeir

Corzeir No longer here VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @MartynMartyn

I'm very honored, thank you very much.

Like wise I have ordered from him and I got the order on time and of high quality even if he himself does not agree. Not only is reliable but he is also a loyal member and as far as I'm concern a friend.

@EmmaEmma

I have to say she also has always paid on time as promised. I have never had any issues with her when dealing with payments.

10. Martyn

Martyn Director of Seripets Pet Game Owner Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @CorsairCorsair
    Haha, I make sure that I produce the music commissioned to exactly what the person wants...
    I may suggest things to make it better along the way, but most of the time they get what they want. : )

Even at a high quality (though I don't think it's ever good enough.)
    And thank-you for saying I'm a 'loyal member' and 'as far as I'm concern a friend.' <3

11. Lauren

Lauren Mrs. Bouncer VPL Member

Reputations:
    @BexxyBexxy was a joy to work with, she delivered exactly what I wanted at a very reasonable price.

12. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    jakdacrowe likes this.
  13. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
  14. kami

Reputations:
    BUMPING UP because this forum needs some good love <3

15. Don Relentless

Don Relentless Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Perhaps you could condense them all into the original post, as a reference for people to look at (put a x2, x3 etc next to names that are mentioned multiple times :p)

Anyways,

@ClawsClaws hired me for icepets.com programming, @marvelhosemarvelhose hired me for marvelhorse.com programming, @haseshihaseshi hired me for dobatsu.org programming. @LollyLolly I have bought a custom layout from, @DreamerwolfDreamerwolf i bought pet art from a year ago or so.

16. kami

Reputations:
    I think it's fine leaving people just post their own things instead of adding them all to the first post. People are all using the mentioning features so those mentioned see their own mentions anyway. And I wouldn't want to make it look like a competition (with the name x2 or something, people might feel bad if they see their name with a lower number).

But thanks for posting^^

17. Ardy

Ardy Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I have some really amazing artists working for me.
    @EknaramEknaram does all her items on time and I never have to tell her to re do them. Really professional.
    @MalibuMalibu is just completely stunning when it comes to pet art and does the work load on time, always.
    @DylDyl is both a great artist and a better programmer. Life saver.

I have some other favorite artists but I'm not sure about their VPL usernames. :p

18. Ixyra

Ixyra Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @BexxyBexxy because she's got my back and watched out for me when I needed it :)

I haven't really been working on VPL long enough to have many connections with anyone, but I've known Bexxy since the old oekaki days.

19. Kiku

Kiku Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @ElzElz, thanks so much for the mention and the kind words! Just in case everyone else didn't already know, Elz is awesome. xD She has a fantastic and distinguishable style (you'd be hard pressed to find more talented artists in this industry), and is generally a really lovely and funny person. You'd be lucky to snag any sort of commission from her, and she's great to chat with. <3

@AngelyAngely is a really great boss - she's sweet and understanding, and not to mention a ton of fun to work with! She usually allows artists a great amount of artistic freedom, and treats them with a tremendous amount of warmth. She's always kept her word, and I've worked for her for quite a few years now (if Lurapets and KS are both taken into account).

@kathkath and @BrookeBrooke are also wonderful people that I've been working under. They have some really ambitious and exciting ideas for their upcoming site, and are flexible and always courteous toward their artists - not to mention they are always open to our ideas! Kath is also a fantastic graphic artist (I imagine that quite a few people on these forums can attest to that) and Brooke always has a kind word to say to everyone.

@Kage DaviesKage Davies provided excellent descriptions for the commissioned pieces and was friendly and willing to discuss the details with me. Payment was quick, and when asking for changes to be made to the image, she was very polite. She has been lovely to work with so far, and her in-development petsite it looks great!

@RedCapeRedCape has been very understanding and flexible when ordering commissions from me, and she allows for artistic freedom that makes creating the artwork enjoyable.
    Her site has a very unique premise that is definitely worth checking out, and she has been very understanding of the times that I've been busy. The commissions I've done for her have been a different experience compared to the work I've done for other sites, but in a good way - I'm sure her site will be a stand-out!

I haven't done much business with the following people, but the transactions that I've had with them have all been positive experiences!
    @marvelhosemarvelhose has bought a few pieces from me, and has been polite in each transaction. Payment was received in a timely manner, and the transactions were smooth overall. A trustworthy buyer!

@DzhelasiDzhelasi has purchased a pair of items from me in the past, and was a good buyer to work with! She provided good details and very prompt payment. Another transaction that was definitely positive.

There are a lot of other great people out there (some of whom I've done little to no business with, but I've seen evidence of their trustworthiness/general awesomeness), but I feel that listing all of them would take an eternity, and you've already gotten enough warm fuzziness out of me for the day. @.@ This thread warms the cockles of my heart.

20. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    I've also made it a sticky. Thanks!:cool: