Virtual pets and Sim games community

Would you like to become a member of the most successful virtual pets and sim games community on the internet? Virtual pet list has been opened since 2011 and we've been providing game developers(owners), artists, players and writers with the most relevant, up to date, quality and in depth content covering the entire online pet games, sim games and browser based games industry. So, if if you're interested in discussing virtual pet games, game development or online sims, our flourishing forum is perfect for you. Our sneak peeks forum is designed for new owners to showchase their upcoming in development games.

You can learn how to manage, make money and learn all aboutonline pet game management or discuss the best ways of developing a sim game. Find new sites to play in our online games directory. Currently, there's a total of over 80 pet games and over 70 sim games in our directory. So, feel free to post a review, a comment, or leave a like on any online game that we have listed. If you like a game that we have listed, please help us out by sharing it on social media.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headIn icey them pet game Kaylune, a virtual pet site Breed online pet eliyo
    VigLink badge
    Gaming Reinvented

breed horses on this very active sim game

Browse our Online Games Directory
    Promote VPL - advertise here
    Admin and webmasters community - Browser games

Possible Another Neopets Fansite (checking interest)

Discussion in 'Pet game management' started by Haseshi, May 29, 2012.

1. As previously discussed in this thread here:

Leopets is a website that is based in the old neopets before conversion, it has a really really really nice community but it lack features. I'm recently scrapped a bunch of old codes from an old pet site that is currently getting re-coded, I have no will to actually sell them away so I think another neopets fansite could be done, but this time, with many features more. All that need to be done is to actually install everything in a domain and upload the content, maybe hire someone for one hour of coding for minimal changes, but everything else is there, from adopt a pet to games. In less than a month it would be ready to run.
    origins virtual pet site origins kickstarter
    I know this is not everybody's cup of tea, so do not blame.

It would be very artists+writer+roleplayer based, and friendly above anything. Does it possibly sound interesting for anyone? I could use some help with modding;;;
    origins virtual pet site origins kickstarter

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. Would definitely be interested. Do you plan, if this plan works out, to use old images from Neo or create new ones?
  3. That sounds awesome. I love the roleplaying, art, and writing portion of the old neopets. ;o; It was my favorite part. Along with the community.
  4. id be interested based on the art/writing/rp based thing you mentioned
    theres not enough of that in many places!!! i think itd be fun.
  5. The plan is to be like the old neopets, so we would use the old neopets image. But of course, users could add new images and pets and pretties;;

#5 Haseshi, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. I'll try anything and I think it's worth a shot.
  7. I could possibly help out with the coding side, as long as I am not too busy. Shouldn't be an issue though since you said you already have most of the scripts.

A few more questions. How do you plan on getting money to keep the site up, since you can't really make any money if you are using copyrighted images? What do you plan on the site being called?
  8. yeah i was gonna say you cant get far if youre using the images from themselves
    you might be able to find an artist or two who can closely emulate the style but come up with new pets themselves
    otherwise you cant do much when you take the images directly from a site, regardless of whether or not theyre in use by the site in question!!!
  9. @indysolo621indysolo621

Any help with coding would be a bless, I was mostly thinking in setting an application form before users join, just so we can take care of who's getting in. Also, I really don't plan to make this a huge site mainly because it should focus on community, Leopets (which is the main inspiration) have a few members but they are so so so active and friendly, I think everyone that actually plays it will agree.

I don't plan on making any money with the site, like leopets, they run solely in the good will of the owner's wallet. I am a hobbyist and I'm sure I can keep up and running smoothly a small website with out having to torture myself, since mostly of my budget is going to the coding of my non-neopets petsite.

As for the name, I was thinking in calling it something like...Alterneo?

As mentioned above, this is not for the money, this is purely for fun and community. Leopets have been running smoothly for years, and we would fall in the same category as any neopets fansite, we wouldn't be making a single penny out of the images.
    #9 Haseshi, May 29, 2012
  10. So do you plan on, as far as applications go, allowing users to apply anytime and let staff decide whether or not to let the user in? Or only open applications up every once in a while and decided from there which users to let in?
    #10 indysolo621, May 29, 2012
  11. @indysolo621indysolo621
    open all the time, anytime. Or at least that's what I was thinking
    #11 Haseshi, May 29, 2012
  12. I feel like if things are open all the time, the site has the potential to grow way too big to comfortably support without any income. Aywas is application-only and they're just getting to the 40k member mark.
  13. Sounds good to me. If you would be interested in my help with programming feel free to PM me and we can discuss it!
  14. I don't fully understand this. Are you suggesting we have applications open only in set period of time?

Thanks a lot, I will think about this whole idea and take some attitude by the end of the week, and by that I mean buying a domain and so on. I found a trust-worthy and very nice hosting company that offers web site hosting with Unlimited Disk Space and Unlimited Bandwidth plus some other things for 20$ a month and such.
    #14 Haseshi, May 29, 2012
  15. Unless your standards are going to be super strict, yeah... because it'll just grow and grow until there's no way you can support it yourself. Its just hard to balance out things like that when you can't make profit at all.
  16. I'm no programmer, but if you needed help. Message me, I'm almost always around.
  17. I see your points... yes... makes total sense. I need to think better about this because you surely have a point!

thanks a bunch! I will most certainly need any help I can get <3
    #17 Haseshi, May 29, 2012
  18. Maybe you could have free applications every once in a while, but a referral system all the time for people to refer friends? /ideas
  19. If you're going to use images from Neopets, then I suggest you go contact them about it. I believe Leopets had to get their permission to use their images.
  20. @KiaraKiara
    sounds like a good idea

really? Do all neopets sites ask permission? The ones like jellyneo, neoextreme, etc;;
    #20 Haseshi, May 29, 2012