Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown to well over 212k posts and almost 5k members. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.
  2. Have you read and commented on any of our Interviews or Reviews yet?
    Are you ready for the return of Teripets?
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets
    Virtual Pet Directory
    join mycena cave!

Post your Questions and Concerns here for an interview with marapets staff

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets' started by santamynana, Feb 16, 2012.

1. santamynana

santamynana Retired Moderato Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

we have the interview with ian before but now were getting a fresh take and @NiGHTS has agreed to do an interview with us based on what issues/concerns/questions you have for the site so please post them and the me, nights and the rest of the staff team will choose the best questions for her to answer, KnIGHT has played mara for 6 years so knows the site really well then got hired as of lately by ian as an artist so this is your chance to get your questions answered and maybe get a bit more faith in marapets, so lets crack-on just post your questions/concerns/issues here

Many thanks
    James
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Are you concerned with how certain Staff members are using their powers? Do you believe there has been some abuse of them through the influence of other users and if so, do you plan on doing anything about it?

...That's the best question I got x'D....
  3. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

here's a few:
    What made you want to start working for Marapets?
    Where do you see Marapets heading in the next few years?
    How many artists does Mara have?
  4. Joshua-

Joshua- New Member VPL Member

Staff have always been bias, here recently I got underaged for nothing basically. It has a good deal to do with my honesty with the way things are ran, I'm sure of it. But at the end of the day they can ban me, I'll be back on proxies, just saying. I don't play anymore, I chat with friends and bluntly put my opinions on the adult forums.
  5. PetSiteFan

PetSiteFan New Member VPL Member

What do you think are the biggest hurdles Marapets has to overcome to gain the majority market share from other pet sites such as Neopets, BooPets, Subeta, Powerpets, and Rescreatu?
  6. Martyn

Martyn Eccentric Musician Approved Artist Pet Game Owner Approved Writer VPL Member

What was the reason for Ian to have a prolonged absense of doing any full blown updates on Marapets? (This would be somewhere between 2009 and 2011, not sure which.)

I'd really like to know the answer to that one. : )
  7. santamynana

santamynana Retired Moderato Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

Some good questions here guys :) keep going :)
  8. ian

ian New Member VPL Member

This goes against everything I normally do and is totally unprofessional but I think I need to put in my 2 cents here.

She is so far a marapets artist. As an artist she has done some art for Marapets, which has been released and will be paid for. That is all.

I do not understand why this interview or even attempt of an interview exists as she does not know the answers to any of these questions, or have any authority to answer them on my behalf.

Anything you hear from "marapets staff" will only ever happen on Marapets.com, from a marapets email or on the Marapets facebook.

This whole situation is totally ridiculous and unprofessional and I will be reviewing any decision I have made so far
  9. Michi

Michi Beware: Insane Admin Administrator

@ian he is only asking for question ideas, this doesn't mean every question will be asked. People are only giving suggestions. If she can't answer, then she can't answer.

As for @Joshua- if you are upset about anything with Marapets it would be a good idea to talk to Ian directly.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  10. ian

Thats fine,

I just needed to add that

a) they will be totally unofficial answers

b) anything that she has said or may say on my behalf or quoted from conversations we may or may not have had, it will either be incorrect or shouldn't have been repeated.
  11. Michi

That's find @ian. I will personally make sure that is put in the beginning of the interview. I was originally planning to do so with the unofficial part anyway since its with someone who is not the owner of the site.
  12. ian

which is a totally pointless interview
  13. Michi

I don't think so. It gives another view of the site.
  14. Ricky

Ricky Guest

@ian, then maybe you should do the interview so it is correct and you dont want mentioned, wont be metioned.
  15. santamynana

@Saint Ian has already done an interview with the site, even though it would be nice to have some of these questions answered, @ian we will ask questions that @NiGHTS can answer. It will be good to get a different view on the site especially when she used to play before coming staff and that she once lost faith in mara but re gained it. If you would like us not to do the interview just say so but it would be nice to do it
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  16. ian

You guys are totally missing the point. You are asking her questions she won't know the answer to and will be given her opinions out as a "marapets staff" interview

totally unofficial, misleading and pointless

why don't you just interview yourself?? you've been playing just as long and will be able to give the same interview
    Rambo likes this.
  17. Velxeor

Velxeor Member VPL Member

If they knew the answers themselves, then there would be no need to ask.
  18. santamynana

@ian that's what were wanting in a way, were wanting opinions, like users give, but she wanted to the interview, it was either that or a blog post/topic and i thought an interview might be better. yes i could do the interview myself, i could but we wanted a staffs view, we may get a users view in the future but thats not now, like i could answer the question @Martyn gave us

What was the reason for Ian to have a prolonged absense of doing any full blown updates on Marapets? (This would be somewhere between 2009 and 2011, not sure which.)

it was all over your facebook page at the time you went on a very long holiday and we all thought over at marapets that you had used the users money to go on that holiday which we were outraged by and you lost alot of users from then on. the war and these nice new updates have brought alot of users back but are you just going to buggar off once again and go on another long holiday and leave your users and staff without knowing what to do. i facebooked laimay when you went on that holiday, and she cared about the site, she said that she cares about the site, it's not me that doesnt care she said

if you really care about your site, why do you not listen to a word your users say, you barely show your face up here and it's when were talking about your site, editorials, answer decent questions instead of the yes , no ones. listen to the staff that care, tishalook god she trys so hard on that site and by the looks of things you treat them like crap, fix things at marapets or it'll just go more downhill, youll loose more staff and more users and then marapets will be dead and youll have no money to get of your users

theres my 2 cents, my advice, listen to your users, it'll do you a world of good, (for instance read the downfall of marapets blog @cpvr wrote and look at some of the issues there like your staff , you could train them to do a better job, look at the issues, confront them and deal with them)
  19. ian

As I said before, the point I was making is that an artist who has been with us for a couple weeks, if that, is in no position to answer questions about me, my personal life or anything on Marapets other than the artwork she has drawn or her opinions of Marapets etc.

I'm not even going to bother replying to your advice/opinion/outrage other than to say a) my personal life is none of yours or anyone else's business and b) as soon as someone decides to spend their money at Marapets it no longer becomes their money.
  20. santamynana

@ian we never asked her to answer questions about your personal life, re-read the first post it says the questions will be picked by me, @NiGHTS and the rest of the staff team for NiGHTS to answer, we would pick questions about your personal life. it may be non of our buisness but you have a site to run which you should take responsibilty of, it will be yours and your fault only when marapets falls, no one elses. it may not be our money any longer but really you spending the money on your own personal life and not investing back into the site (i dont know if you do or not so i cant comment there) but that makes you sort of a con man. take on board the advice it'll help. i'll keep on playing marapets until i play no more as for some reason i like it but i've lost all respect for you, the little shread i had left of respect, ive lost it and in my eyes some of the staff past and presant could do and have done a better job at running marapets than you