Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Project Wonderful

Discussion in 'Virtual Pet Information' started by PaulSonny, Feb 9, 2012.

1. PaulSonny

PaulSonny Boopets owner Junior Programmer Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

I am looking to start advertising BooPets at the end of February as we'll be coming out of beta round about then.

I have seen Project Wonderful bounced around VPL as a way to advertise but I struggle to understand how to successfully advertise through them and also how I could/would measure how successful it has been/is.

Can someone perhaps offer some insight or perhaps offer advice on other advertising platforms?

Regards, Paul.
  2. Lavenderblue

Lavenderblue Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Member

I am planning to stop using project wonderful and find an alternative advertising. I am not satisfied with their methods. Unlike with other advertising companies the ads stays up 100 per cent of the time whereas with project wonderful, only advertiser will bid on the cost you ask for lowest as 0.05p per click per day. Most bidders will bid average ads for couple of days and you will likely to have empty ad boxes if nobody bids on it. I have seen other sites with empty ad boxes.
  3. PaulSonny

PaulSonny Boopets owner Junior Programmer Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

Sorry I should clarify and say I do not wish to display ads on BooPets - I wish to advertise BooPets.

Should I look at alternatives like FaceBook?

Regards, Paul.
  4. Hituro

Hituro Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

Project Wonderful does seem to bring me in a steady stream of clicks, but it's not a huge number. I can spend, say, $25 over a month for only in the region of 200 unique click throughs. The view rate is very high though, so there is exposure, but not a good conversion rate. Of course that could be my banners, as opposed to the advertiser :)
  5. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

We had a thread about this before here Using prokect wonderful to advertise or sell ads.

Basically, if you're advertising on PW - target the pokemon and comics sites.

I believe the following users here also use Project wonderful
    @Keith @Zarabeythe @Slashmaster @Emma and possibly a few others. I think they can better explain the network.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. Hituro

Hituro Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

I'd be interested in knowing other people's click conversion rate for comparison, so I can tell how much mine sucks
  7. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

When you used PW to advertise, how many new users did you actually see? It's cheaper to advertise on PW than it is to advertise via Google adwords and/or facebook ads, but if you have the money to advertise, all methods are opened waters.