Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown to well over 212k posts and almost 5k members. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.
  2. Have you read and commented on any of our Interviews or Reviews yet?
    Are you ready for the return of Teripets?
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets
    Virtual Pet Directory
    join mycena cave!

Raising money for leopard geckos [They are neglected and need help!]

Discussion in 'Art Marketplace' started by Scharfschütze, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Two Leopard Geckos have been together in the local pet store for about a year now. They have deteriorated over time and now they are quite skinny and I believe one has developed mouth rot and both of them are suffering from MBD [metabolic bone disease] and are malnourished. They are both stuck in a 15 gallon fish tank with coconut husks for bedding [one of the worst things you can put them on] and they do not get the amount of heat that they need to stay healthy and active.
    I own a leopard gecko their size and she is easily twice as fat as they are. I have gotten into the habit of calling them Kit and Caboodle. Kit is the very skinny one, Caboodle is the larger [but just as skinny]. I really want the chance to give these guys the attention they deserve and try to get them back up to a healthy weight.
    The woman who owns the store is not cutting me a deal if I buy both of them at the same time, so I have to come up with a lot of money.

I need: $132 [they are $66 each, expensive buggers]
    I have: $25

I know it's a longshot, but I really don't want to see these guys suffer any more. I know it just encourages her to buy more reptiles, but these two have found a special place in my heart. Here are pictures of them if you guys are skeptical about my story. They sleep together all the time and I would hate to buy one and leave the other.
    This is Kit [much skinnier than Caboodle]
    This is Caboodle

I know what you guys are probably thinking "What if they die before you can get all the money?" or "What if someone else buys them?" Well, that money will not go to waste. I will use it to buy crickets, superworms [giant mealworms], vegetables, and frozen pre-killed rats for my other creatures. [I have 9 other reptiles/amphibians/arachnids in my care]

What I have to sell:
    All images have PSD files with groups that hold each color. You will get the PSD along with the images [80x80 for items, 200x200 for pets]

Heart cupcakes
    [​IMG]
    SB: $2.00
    MI: $0.50
    AB: $5.00

Love Potion
    [​IMG]

Heart Berries
    [​IMG]
    AB: $4.00

Heart Notebook
    [​IMG]

Golden Diary
    [​IMG]

Ice Cream
    [​IMG]

Pillow [I can add patterns for you]
    [​IMG]

Heart dog
    [​IMG]
    SB: $20.00
    AB: $45.00

Demon dog pet [pretty old]
    [​IMG]
    SB: $15
    AB: $25
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Drea

Drea Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

Good luck. I have a snake who is sick so I know how much it can hurt to see these babies suffering. : (
  3. -Ro-

-Ro- New Member VPL Member

Good luck,besides having a great cause you have really good art!
    For some reason, I always loved geckos..so Im truly hoping you are able to get the money and take care of Kit and Caboodle :)
  4. Moonlight

Moonlight Approved Artist Web Designer Approved Artist VPL Member

I'd buy the heart dog if I had the money. D: