Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Rant about My Little Pony

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shiinxa, Jul 28, 2012.

1. shiinxa

shiinxa Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Ive just posted this on my deviantart journal. Thought id get some opinions on here too!

Jolly, Corzeir, sidorak95 and 2 others like this.
  2. Moonlight

Moonlight Approved Artist Web Designer Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Re: Im going to scream if i see....(RANT)

I hate my little pony. So much. I was amused though, admittedly, when I searched phoenix in FurAffinity and found a My Little Phoenix. I was quite trolled by that. I don't understand why so many people love it - as you said, it's for little girls.

3. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Childhood nostalgia for me.

Been a fan of the toys and the original series so FIM kind of just latched on for me.

4. Vella

Vella Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Love it. Most people who like it like it either because a) they are fans from the beginning, b) are Lauren Faust fans, c) were forced to watch it and liked the humor.

I dunno, I find it charming, and they did a fantastic job of throwing adult references in there. It isn't strictly a kid's show per say, but it is a show made so both kids and parents can enjoy. Just a lot of people who enjoy it aren't parents, but they're still in the side-target audience age range.

I just find it a nice show to watch, something relaxing on a Saturday that provides nostalgia to what I remember as good cartoons. Plus they are fun to draw. :3

But I'm not one to shove it down other's throats or hate if someone doesn't like it. xD That part of -any- fandom scares me. ' ~'

StarRot, Amethysttiger and Haseshi like this.
  5. Haseshi

Haseshi Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I second all that @Vella C Raptor

The person that created the new MLP show participated in many other old but gold cartoons such as dexter's lab, powerpuuf girls, etc;; Also the plot line is far away from retarded or ''meant for little girls''. Don't forget that we are in a virtual pet forum, which first begin with the creation of neopest, which was '' a site for little kids''.

Yeah, MLP has 600,016 results on deviantart.

so what?
    naruto has 1,875,917
    pokemon has 2,056,625
    meme has 1,098,153

I don't want to turn this into a personal attack, of course you are welcome to not like mlp, but honestly, have you gave the ponies a chance?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. shiinxa

Reputations:

@Moonlight jenny, SO spot on! haha @Sirkowskii i see what you mean, my little sister used to watch it when she was like 3. i undestand how that can apply to people, but not on such a large scale. @Vella C Raptor im by no means trying to say people shouldnt like it:) and granted, i love disney movies, which are also aimed at children. again, its just the ridiculous amount of fan-art flooding deviantart. it may be fun to draw, but its not really expressing peoples creativity to their full potential.

@Haseshi the original show was indeed meant for a younger age group.. that may not be the case with the new show NOW, but surely they were the primary intended audience for the recreation? someone i know IRL is a fan, and has told me that the creators were suprised by the reaction they got from the audience of mlp, whereby it was increasingly popular with an older audience. the plotlines now have been adjusted... but its still a show about rainbow ponies. i never said it was retarded... not in the slightest. And im 100% not against the idea of older people enjoying media intended for a younger audience. everyone does it! My primary concern is just how flooded everything is becoming... and only on a personal level. my issue is that I dont want to see it, not that it shouldnt be present:)
    keep in mind pokemon has been around since 1996, and naruto since early 2000's. yes, my little pony started before both, but the recreation only began in late 2010, which is where this following has stemmed from. memes cover a huge range of different topics, including my little pony, so i dont believe that stat to be wholly relevant:)
    i dont know why it would be a personal attack? the point of this is not to offend, or say people shouldnt like the show... just that i PERSONALLY dont understand the extent of the hype around the show. i can only reiterate so many times that im not attacking anyone here, i hope you didnt take it otherwise! but thanks for your input:)

7. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    The show is cute... but I seriously don't understand the obsession of it. Though it's a lot like Powerpuff Girls, and I know that received quite a bit of hype back then as well. If DA was around when Powerpuff Girls was still "new", I'm sure you would be seeing a lot of artwork on DA related to that show as well.

Corzeir likes this.
  8. Gwonk

Gwonk New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    When I was looking for a background layout for my Chrome add-ons I found this really awesome one with really nice colors.. until I saw a my little pony on it. -_-

9. shiinxa

Reputations:
    @Joy i totally get that, everything goes through phases, and media has grown a lot in the last little while, hence everything recieves far more "air time" as it were. but i doubt it would be to this degree haha
    @Gwonk experienced the same thing! i saw an absolutely beautiful digital piece, but then found out it was actually fanart taken from the show itself. not to say it wasnt great, but i couldnt appreciate it :/

10. Panda!

Panda! Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Blahh idk, its not the first time something "for little girls" has become insanely popular with everyone else.
    I like it, it's a cute show. I think it's sad that people are so annoying about it, because it probably keeps others from liking it.

Plus, pretty much ANY fandom gets annoying. Exhibit A: Homestuck -_- I think MLP fans are just more widespread

Vella likes this.
  11. jakdacrowe

jakdacrowe crow, bird, thing Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    lulz I got disturbed with the amount of MLP:FiM fanart out there on DeviantART and elsewhere, that I got interested to watch it.
    Just to see what the hell is with all the hype.

It's a nice show. Classy and adorable art style, great music/songs, and some of the references thrown in are just awesome. xD
    Enough to get me to tell my friends to give the show a TRY at least, and not stare at me going, "... You... Watch My Little Pony? YOU? Of all people? Watching MY LITTLE PONY?"
    Then again, I got them listening to some MLP song remixes. >_>

12. Haseshi

Haseshi Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:

@shiinxa Oh no no, pardon me, when I mentioned personal attacks I meant that I didn't want to personally attack you for not liking the show, which seems to happen quite often (some fans are crazy).

Personally I believe the show need all attentions it can get, but if I could I would expurgate some annoying fans really... :angel:

13. Nisa

Nisa Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm going to sit over with @Moonlight in the fan corner. I adored the show and collectables growing and a new opportunity to enjoy a revamp caught me instantly. I've found that as annoying as some of the fans can get, it really is like every other fandom. It seems so much more intense because it's the current "thing", much like Homestuck as someone mentioned. Homestuck however, seems to have at least fizzled down a tad. There use to be a point where I couldn't do anything to avoid it.

Just like with any fandom, just ignore it if you don't like it. I don't force my interest in the show and figures on anyone and I would hate if someone did it to me.

14. Cupcakes

Cupcakes Supporter VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    I've gotta say it. I LOVE that show.

It sounds like you haven't quite watched it yet. Gotta watch at least 3 episodes before you decide you hate it. Just like foods. Gotta try them 3 times before you can say "I don't like it".

If you don't like something, it's fine, but considering the amount of other things on dA that flood the main page, I think MLP is the least of my worries. I'll save that rant for another day though ;P

15. Gabby

Gabby Active Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't like My Little Pony much either. I used to play the games as a little girl but now I'm so tired of seeing the advertising for it and fan art I'm just exhausted with it all.

It really isn't that inspiring, it's just Hasbro. Lmao

16. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    its kind of a dumb show and the fans are sort of disgusting for half the things they say to lauren faust on deviantart
    but i dont know i dont see why youre bitching its not like its gonna solve anything
    people like mlp and draw fanart for it so what
    just
    ignore
    it
    ????????

17. Jolly

Jolly Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    The whole My Little Pony crazy, like durpy pony and stuff originally started on 4Chan. So yeah the fans are a little crazy and disturbing....

18. Micky

Micky Always online, ping me! [Mythflow] Moderator Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    I just wish that if people want to post MLP stuff on deviantart (as well as HS, but HS is not that bad on DA) at least draw it in their own style or something. I'm sick and tired of seeing cartoon ponies that look copied and traced everywhere on dA, without any really originality. People can post MLP stuff all they want but PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD draw MLP in an original style or way. Please. Thank you.

You guys can have your own opinions and I'm cool with that, but as long as no one tries to force me onto the obession I'm happy.
    You like what you like and I like what I like. *shrug*

My friends: YOU NEED TO WATCH MY LITTLE PONY.

[​IMG]

Me:

[​IMG]

Them:

[​IMG]

-pause-

Them:

[​IMG]

Me:

[​IMG]

Them:

[​IMG]