1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

Reality TV - do you watch it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    I know that reality TV has been on the rise in the past few years - with a lot of new shows coming out that features major celebrities, but in all honesty, do you watch any of the shows that are reality-based? Or do you find those shows to be boring and a waste of time?

I've watched Jersey Shore a few times because I wanted to see the ladies in the show[lol, but seriously...]. How about you though? Do you like scripted reality tv or unscripted?

@Love @Ajax @Corleone @Evolution @SpottyWolf @vplspride @Earth

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Organic

Organic Member VPL Member VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    I reckon I don't really know the difference.

I watched seasons 1-4 of Jersey Shore. It's like a drug. I was so appalled and equally amazed by how insane they all were that I couldn't stop watching it lol. I don't really like any of them though I feel like it's impossible that people like that actually exist. I'm convinced writers sat around and said like " What is the craziest must unbelievable situations and goals a person could have" and then they just made people act it out lol.

I like things like Judge Judy, Judge Mathis etc... I also like Pawn Stars and Storage Wars or whatever it's called. I used to watch Monster Garage and West Coast Choppers.

3. vplspride

vplspride Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Depends, I like shows like Storage Wars and Auction Kings because I am a collector. I hate shows like Duck Dynasty because it is so incredible stupidly contrived (they pretend to be idiotic hillbillies while the father and six of the seven children have college degrees). But then I also like true crime shows like City Confidential and On The Case With Paula Zahn.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  4. Cupcakes

Cupcakes Supporter VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    You know, it depends on the show. I love Tabitha's Salon Takeover and Cake Boss, but I can't stand shows like Jersey Shore.
    Does Meerkat Manor count as "reality TV"? Because I loved that show ;P

But seriously, some reality TV shows were ruined for me because I lived in or close to the filming location and the location vs. what they show on tv are two different things - two way different things. Jersey shore... for the record, not fun. Not fun at all. Go to Atlantic City or Hershey if you're around that area.
    Seriously.

5. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? VPL Staff Moderator VPL Member Approved Artist

Reputations:
    When they first were huge I watched them, now I really don't like to. Sometimes I might watch a little of certain shows, but not much.

6. cpvr

Reputations:
    That's the only reason why I watched Jersey shore because they're crazy. Does anyone here remember the show Ricki Lake? I used to watch that with my mom when I was younger. I also like watching Gangland, and Locked up Raw - since its real and follows the inmates and talks to them.
    @vplspride Storage wars is pretty good actually. I watch it sometimes as well. I enjoy watching reality crime shows though. That's one of my favorite things to watch.
    @Ajax Ya, but I'm not going to lie, Maury and Jerry Springer still crack me up. I don't get how some girls just don't know who their baby daddy is. Like wow.

7. Organic

Organic Member VPL Member VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    @cpvr

Yup Jersey Shore definitely cause they are crazy. I love Ricki Lake she is the director for the documentaries The Business of Being Born, and the sequel. Probably the best information out there existing for expecting mothers. In video format that is.

We have family that does storage auctions and I do regular auctions. I specialize in old vintage and antique toys. I have a good eye for vintage/antique in general though. Aside from jewelry... jewelry totally escapes me.

Don't love Jerry anymore there is just screaming, fighting, and bells ringing. I do like Maury though.

8. cpvr

Reputations:
    Whatever happened to her show though? I don't think I remember why they stopped airing it. I'll have to check out those documentaries, are they out yet?

But, my girlfriend loves watching keeping up with the kardashians

Those girls/family are crazy!

9. Earth

Earth Member VPL Member Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer Approved Artist VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    I don't like reality TV at all. I don't watch any. It angers me that people are becoming famous for not alot.

10. cpvr

Reputations:
    Same here, some are famous because of their parents or some other things. It's kind of crazy how many famous people there is these days.