Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.
  2. Have you read and commented on any of our Interviews or Reviews yet?
    Yes, it's true Teripets will not come back online
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets
    Virtual Pet Directory
    join mycena cave!

Reality TV - do you watch it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I know that reality TV has been on the rise in the past few years - with a lot of new shows coming out that features major celebrities, but in all honesty, do you watch any of the shows that are reality-based? Or do you find those shows to be boring and a waste of time?

I've watched Jersey Shore a few times because I wanted to see the ladies in the show[lol, but seriously...]. How about you though? Do you like scripted reality tv or unscripted?

@Love @Ajax @Corleone @Evolution @SpottyWolf @vplspride @Earth
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Organic

Organic VPL Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

I reckon I don't really know the difference.

I watched seasons 1-4 of Jersey Shore. It's like a drug. I was so appalled and equally amazed by how insane they all were that I couldn't stop watching it lol. I don't really like any of them though I feel like it's impossible that people like that actually exist. I'm convinced writers sat around and said like " What is the craziest must unbelievable situations and goals a person could have" and then they just made people act it out lol.

I like things like Judge Judy, Judge Mathis etc... I also like Pawn Stars and Storage Wars or whatever it's called. I used to watch Monster Garage and West Coast Choppers.
  3. vplspride

vplspride Member VPL Member

Depends, I like shows like Storage Wars and Auction Kings because I am a collector. I hate shows like Duck Dynasty because it is so incredible stupidly contrived (they pretend to be idiotic hillbillies while the father and six of the seven children have college degrees). But then I also like true crime shows like City Confidential and On The Case With Paula Zahn.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  4. Cupcakes

Cupcakes VPL Supporter VPL Supporter

You know, it depends on the show. I love Tabitha's Salon Takeover and Cake Boss, but I can't stand shows like Jersey Shore.
    Does Meerkat Manor count as "reality TV"? Because I loved that show ;P

But seriously, some reality TV shows were ruined for me because I lived in or close to the filming location and the location vs. what they show on tv are two different things - two way different things. Jersey shore... for the record, not fun. Not fun at all. Go to Atlantic City or Hershey if you're around that area.
    Seriously.
  5. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? Moderator Approved Artist

When they first were huge I watched them, now I really don't like to. Sometimes I might watch a little of certain shows, but not much.
  6. cpvr

That's the only reason why I watched Jersey shore because they're crazy. Does anyone here remember the show Ricki Lake? I used to watch that with my mom when I was younger. I also like watching Gangland, and Locked up Raw - since its real and follows the inmates and talks to them.
    @vplspride Storage wars is pretty good actually. I watch it sometimes as well. I enjoy watching reality crime shows though. That's one of my favorite things to watch.
    @Ajax Ya, but I'm not going to lie, Maury and Jerry Springer still crack me up. I don't get how some girls just don't know who their baby daddy is. Like wow.
  7. Organic

Organic VPL Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

@cpvr

Yup Jersey Shore definitely cause they are crazy. I love Ricki Lake she is the director for the documentaries The Business of Being Born, and the sequel. Probably the best information out there existing for expecting mothers. In video format that is.

We have family that does storage auctions and I do regular auctions. I specialize in old vintage and antique toys. I have a good eye for vintage/antique in general though. Aside from jewelry... jewelry totally escapes me.

Don't love Jerry anymore there is just screaming, fighting, and bells ringing. I do like Maury though.
  8. cpvr

Whatever happened to her show though? I don't think I remember why they stopped airing it. I'll have to check out those documentaries, are they out yet?

But, my girlfriend loves watching keeping up with the kardashians

Those girls/family are crazy!
  9. Earth

Earth Approved Artist Junior Programmer Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

I don't like reality TV at all. I don't watch any. It angers me that people are becoming famous for not alot.
  10. cpvr

Same here, some are famous because of their parents or some other things. It's kind of crazy how many famous people there is these days.