Welcome to Virtual Pet List

Wanting to the biggest Virtual Pet forum on then net? Feel free to sign up today.

1. join a spooky virtual pet game!An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-head If you're a fan of cats and breeding them, then this sim game is designed just for you Kaylune is open on Sept. 4th
    Check out Icepets!

Find New Virtual Pet Sites, Sim Games or Role Playing games to Play.
    Other Websites that we own: VirtualPetsBlog - The Admin Effect

Reality TV - do you watch it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder
    Administrator VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    I know that reality TV has been on the rise in the past few years - with a lot of new shows coming out that features major celebrities, but in all honesty, do you watch any of the shows that are reality-based? Or do you find those shows to be boring and a waste of time?

I've watched Jersey Shore a few times because I wanted to see the ladies in the show[lol, but seriously...]. How about you though? Do you like scripted reality tv or unscripted?

@LoveLove @AjaxAjax @CorleoneCorleone @EvolutionEvolution @SpottyWolfSpottyWolf @vplspridevplspride @EarthEarth

#1 cpvr, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.
  2. Organic

Organic Supporter
    VPL Member

I reckon I don't really know the difference.

I watched seasons 1-4 of Jersey Shore. It's like a drug. I was so appalled and equally amazed by how insane they all were that I couldn't stop watching it lol. I don't really like any of them though I feel like it's impossible that people like that actually exist. I'm convinced writers sat around and said like " What is the craziest must unbelievable situations and goals a person could have" and then they just made people act it out lol.

I like things like Judge Judy, Judge Mathis etc... I also like Pawn Stars and Storage Wars or whatever it's called. I used to watch Monster Garage and West Coast Choppers.

3. vplspride

vplspride Pet Game Owner
    Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    Depends, I like shows like Storage Wars and Auction Kings because I am a collector. I hate shows like Duck Dynasty because it is so incredible stupidly contrived (they pretend to be idiotic hillbillies while the father and six of the seven children have college degrees). But then I also like true crime shows like City Confidential and On The Case With Paula Zahn.

#3 vplspride, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  4. Cupcakes

Cupcakes Supporter
    VPL Member

You know, it depends on the show. I love Tabitha's Salon Takeover and Cake Boss, but I can't stand shows like Jersey Shore.
    Does Meerkat Manor count as "reality TV"? Because I loved that show ;P

But seriously, some reality TV shows were ruined for me because I lived in or close to the filming location and the location vs. what they show on tv are two different things - two way different things. Jersey shore... for the record, not fun. Not fun at all. Go to Atlantic City or Hershey if you're around that area.
    Seriously.

5. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help?
    Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

When they first were huge I watched them, now I really don't like to. Sometimes I might watch a little of certain shows, but not much.

6. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder
    Administrator VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    That's the only reason why I watched Jersey shore because they're crazy. Does anyone here remember the show Ricki Lake? I used to watch that with my mom when I was younger. I also like watching Gangland, and Locked up Raw - since its real and follows the inmates and talks to them.
    @vplspridevplspride Storage wars is pretty good actually. I watch it sometimes as well. I enjoy watching reality crime shows though. That's one of my favorite things to watch.
    @AjaxAjax Ya, but I'm not going to lie, Maury and Jerry Springer still crack me up. I don't get how some girls just don't know who their baby daddy is. Like wow.

#6 cpvr, Jul 28, 2012
  7. Organic

Organic Supporter
    VPL Member

@cpvrcpvr

Yup Jersey Shore definitely cause they are crazy. I love Ricki Lake she is the director for the documentaries The Business of Being Born, and the sequel. Probably the best information out there existing for expecting mothers. In video format that is.

We have family that does storage auctions and I do regular auctions. I specialize in old vintage and antique toys. I have a good eye for vintage/antique in general though. Aside from jewelry... jewelry totally escapes me.

Don't love Jerry anymore there is just screaming, fighting, and bells ringing. I do like Maury though.

#7 Organic, Jul 28, 2012
  8. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder
    Administrator VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    Whatever happened to her show though? I don't think I remember why they stopped airing it. I'll have to check out those documentaries, are they out yet?

But, my girlfriend loves watching keeping up with the kardashians

Those girls/family are crazy!

#8 cpvr, Jul 28, 2012
  9. Earth

Earth Supporter
    Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

I don't like reality TV at all. I don't watch any. It angers me that people are becoming famous for not alot.

10. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder
    Administrator VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    Same here, some are famous because of their parents or some other things. It's kind of crazy how many famous people there is these days.