1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Ron Paul: Allow states to regulate Marijuana

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Oct 28, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Wow, I didn't think an upcoming president[Ron Paul is running for presidency] would touch base on this subject.

Well, Ron Paul did, and here's the transcript:
    http://www.ronpaul.com/2011-06-24/ron-paul-allow-the-states-to-regulate-marijuana/

What does everyone think about this?
    @Hazy @Toxic Rainbow Kisses @Patrick

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Dart

Dart JRPG Fanatic VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    This is why I like Ron Paul.

3. Vella

Vella Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Yes yes yes.
    Yes.

Yessssssss.

4. cpvr

Reputations:
    Lol, right. So you can get taxed on Marijuana if the shops sold it? Then, also the amount of jobs it could create - why? You could have people growing even more, and selling it. I think Ron Paul wants to do this - because he sees the bigger picture - the amount of money involved, and wasting jail time on people who just like to smoke.

5. Hazy

Hazy New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    @cpvr This is a smart idea. Oregon already allows medical marijuana but has also started gathering signatures to put this on next years ballot.

cpvr likes this.
  6. Encode

Encode Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I had a few days of being okay with Ron Paul until I sorta...read up on what he actually wants. Actually, somebody else summed this up for me very well:
    "He doesn’t want drugs legalized. He wants them federally decriminalized, meaning that states with anti-drug laws can keep the Drug War™ going. Only difference is what cops will arrest you."
    That is different than supporting weed legalization.

He has still made homophobic comments, he is still anti-abortion, etc etc. He won't be receiving my vote.

7. Emma

Emma Supporter VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    What homophobic comments has he made?

8. Encode

Encode Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    First off, I should probably apologize for my poor choice in wording. I was very vague, because in all honesty I did not want to accidentally drag myself into a political debate. I should have just mentioned the marijuana thing and ended it there.
    However, in a political discussion, vague wording is dangerous, so I will clarify my decision to some extent, but highly suggest researching it if you are actually interested. Do not take the words of a random person on a virtual petsite forum for your political basis (;

There has been a lot of controversy over some newsletters Ron Paul wrote in the late 1990's that are going to come up if you google about it, but I initially dismissed them as old views that he seems to have grown out of. However, upon hearing his stance on Don't ask Don't Tell, Gay Marriage (which is similar to his stance on legalization of marijuana - state decision and such), etc I have little reason to believe that he has.

9. cpvr

Reputations:
    @Hazy That's nice to know. I wonder how many other states will follow suit.
    See that's exactly what the economy needs - more jobs. The economy can survive any much longer like this.

10. Gabby

Gabby Active Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    LOL I love Ron Paul. I feel he is the only politician that uses common sense for a legitimate approach. If only our general country would agree and he was our president
    @x3mxpxaddctd

11. cpvr

Reputations:
    I believe he's having a real time battling it out with Romney and Obama. I don't see too many Ron Paul supporters on the internet, or in the media, so its quite weird. I remember there was a video about him - where he predicted what would happen to America in 8 years or 10, and he was spot-on according to one of my buddies. I don't know the link to the video but if you find it, feel free to post it.

12. Gabby

Gabby Active Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    http://youtu.be/Ku7SHxoztGY

Is this it?

cpvr likes this.