Welcome to Virtual Pet List

Would you like to become a member of the largest and most successful virtual pets & sim games community on the internet today? We've been opened since 2011 and we're getting very close to having over 9,000 members .who are fans of pet games and sims just like you are. So if playing a pet site or a sim game interests you, then we'd love to have you become a member of our flourishing online community.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headAn upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-head sim game where you can breed your very own cats Kaylune, a virtual pet site Grophland.com : Breed virtual pets, Play, Explore
    VigLink badge
    Novilar

Find New Virtual Pet Sites, Sim Games or Role Playing games to Play.
    Please help us expand by Promoting us - advertise on vpl
    Other Websites that we own: Virtual Pets Blog - The Admin Effect

Rusty Re-Vamp Denied on Marapets

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets News' started by Sirkowskii, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Felt like this should be shared here on VPL.

[​IMG]

Re-vamps drawn by one of the two newest artists on Mara, screen shot of them on her blog.(Taken since apparently the images were removed and I could still see them, sent to people who didn't and asked to)

[​IMG]
    Current Rusty

Does anyone else think this was a bad move on Ian's part? Do you think this is an improvement over the current Rusty? What are your thoughts?

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. That old Rusty is so 2004...

./caty woman

3. He should have accepted it. The revamp is so much better than the original.​

4. They should totally use the revamps :/

5. Was it free, or...?​

6. Some users want to get a petition started on the site to demand the change. Here's what the artist said on a recent comment on her blog...

Oh God a petition would make him mad. xD
    Ian just says any revamps aren't necessary no matter if anyone likes them or not.
    It's alright though. C:

Honestly Ian...Listen to the people for once.

7. I'm convinced Marapets is out to have the worst art of any petsite. Theirs have set their standard so low the the users cant accept good art.

8. @JoyJoy - I think she's being paid to do site art but I'm not entirely sure.

@CorsairCorsair - Oh you have no idea...People raged over the Dark Fairy pets and adored the new Anime pets(not the new new ones, the ones that came out BEFORE he got better ones).

#8 Sirkowskii, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  9. Ah well that's probably the issue; he doesn't want to pay.​

10. [​IMG]
    RIP
    Marapets
    Were good art comes to die

@SirkowskiiSirkowskii The Dark Fairy pets were a improvement. I think your friend is to good of a artist for the site. I'd hate to see her get hate.

#10 Corsair, Feb 3, 2012
  11. sounds like Ian owner of Marapets just wants TO MAKE MONEY and not Spend any to give anything back to the players of the site. very selfish and two year oldish! if players hate the art leave the site lots of pet site out there to play now :D

edit: just thought of some thing, maybe he drew the pets so he does not want to change or have better then his art work on the site?

12. @LizLiz but the players seem to not want her new art.

#12 Corsair, Feb 3, 2012
  13. @CorsairCorsair - She is too good for the site and your picture made me laugh xD. I think she took on the job because so many people wanted her too and they wanted to see her art make it on Mara. She's actually had to dumb down her style to make Ian happy.

@LizLiz - People do leave just oldies won't. I stay on for my friends to talk to them. It's really all I do now xD.

#13 Sirkowskii, Feb 3, 2012
  14. The thing is though, while that art is amazing, it changes the Rusty entirely. The proposed revamp doesn't resemble a basset hound at all (which Rusty appears to be to me).

Perhaps try asking Ian to add that as a new pet...?

#14 Quetzal, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  15. Wait... why?​

16. really?!? odd. tell the artist to sell her work to someone that will appreciate it and it will go to some one that likes great art and newbie like art (people that are still learning). :p

17. I don't think this job is going to work out for her. She clearly is getting flack just for doing here job.

She should sell here they would be better on a petsite then waste away.

#17 Corsair, Feb 3, 2012
  18. Just got a message back from her. I asked her if Ian was paying. Here's the response...

I hope, Ian hasn't told me how much though. D:

...Well...That answers possibly as to why he said no the the re-vamp.

19. It's a nice redraw, but its a shame Ian isn't going to use it.
    I agree with @QuetzalQuetzal it should be made a new pet or something. It just doesn't look so like the rusty.

She probably is in a trial mode or something because if she was a full time or part time artist, she would have disclosed her payment to you.[in my opinion though]

#19 cpvr, Feb 3, 2012
  20. It is so, so much better!