1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Guest,

Over the next few days there may be some slight changes to VPL. If you see something going on don't be alarmed we most likely know about it! If you have any troubles please contact Evolution.

Happy Holidays
    The VPL Staff
  3. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Salutations, Everyone~

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chloe, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Chloe

Chloe Newish Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hiya, just another newb passing on through.

So yeah, the name's Chloe. I'm just a girl living in Germany. I love pet sites of all kinds, but I'm only active on a few, such as Khimeros, Leayph, Chicken Smoothie, and Magistream. I used to play on Neopets, and I go on it every once in a while. I love to test out sites, but I can't pay money to try them out. :p

I've always wanted to make my own site, but I can't draw, code or anything, and I'm too scared to hire anyone, in fear that they'll mess up the site, get mad and quit or whatever. I am attempting to learn HTML as a start, but it's going very, very slowly.

Nice to meet everyone~

Chloe

2. Romany

Romany Superb Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hi Chloe!
    I'm half German :3 Although I don't know any... lol.
    And with making your own petsite, you are in luck. If you stick around and keep an eye out, you'll hopefully see the BETA release of @EarthEarth 's Petsite Builder in the near future!

Anywho, I'm Romany, and Australian. You can call me Rom if you want :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  3. vanillaeclair

vanillaeclair Superb Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Welcome Chloe to VPL~ We might have met. I used to be quite frequent on MagiStream!

What Romany said, this thread is definitely for you! It helps you make a virtual pet site of your own. You don't need coding or drawing skills there either.

Though, if you're still interested in making your own site with your bare hands, keep learning that HTML! Like you said, it's difficult, but it'll be worth it in the end. :)

4. Chloe

Reputations:
    Hello Romany!
    Thanks for the info on the petsite builder coming up~! It will probably be a big help for just getting the idea out there. I'm still hoping to finally learn enough coding to put a basic site together though.

To be honest, I don't speak any German either. Why? Well, I'm American and my dad was stationed here. I'll be learning German as a freshman next school year though!

5. Romany

Reputations:
    @ChloeChloe Do you find it hard to live in Germany if you don't know any German? o.o Or have you just moved there?

6. Metterschlingel

Metterschlingel Approved Artist Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hi Chloe!

Welcome to VPL :D I wish you a lot of fun here.
    Moved to Germany? I am German. How do you like it here? Is it the first time you have moved for the work of your dad?

7. Chloe

Reputations:
    Metterschlingel : I love Germany so far, and yes, it is the first time I moved here.

Romany: I've only lived here for about 9 months. And yes, it's kinda difficult to live here when you don't know German. :p There aren't a lot of translated things in the town I live in, and not a lot of people know English.

Sorry about that, it says I don't have enough posts to post links.

8. Romany

Reputations:
    @ChloeChloe Oh damn :/ How do you get by?

9. Metterschlingel

Reputations:
    Is it a small town? In bigger cities many people can at least speak basic english.

10. Chloe

Reputations:
    Romany: Well, German isn't hard to figure out, really. For example: pretzel is brezel (I think) in German. Cat is katzen, apple is apfel, the only problems I really have is putting a sentence together. If I was to just walk into a bakery, I'd be okay.

Metterschlingel: Kinda. It's bigger than where my friends live, but it's nowhere near the size of Berlin or Frankfurt.

11. Romany

Reputations:
    @ChloeChloe ; Ah okay! That is pretty easy. And I suppose the language will just get easier as you live there for longer.

12. Metterschlingel

Reputations:
    I took a look at your tube :D You're a cute girl. And I have the some t-shirt with the eyes in pink XD

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  13. Chloe

Reputations:
    Metterschlingel: O_O oh my god you actually looked at that? Just ahdlajdajdjfad I was hoping that got ignored and stuff.

But thank you. That's very sweet~

14. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Welcome to the community! :) What made you stop playing Neopets a lot?

15. Chloe

Reputations:
    Thank you!

And to answer your question, I dunno really. I guess I just got bored with it. I think it was when I got access to the boards a year ago. All I saw were people flaming each other, complaining or just being negative. Before that, Neopets was nice. It was always more of a backup site for me, like if another site I went on got boring or went down, I'd go on Neopets. It's a good site, but no one seems to care about it anymore. Not even the staff.

It's upsetting, really.

16. cpvr

Reputations:
    You're welcome! I play neopets when I was younger. We have a lot of threads about Neopets, you should use the search bar at the top. I think you'll find some of those threads very interesting. Do you play Aywas as well?

17. Chloe

Reputations:
    Ugh, I want to so badly but it won't let me. It says that the IP address was already taken. I know my sister plays it, but it's just really agitating how I can't. I use a different email, name and everything, but it still rejects me.

18. cpvr

Reputations:
    She won't let you play under her account?

19. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    nice to meet you! :D

20. Chloe

Reputations:
    Nope. She's a bit possesive when it comes to that kind of stuff. I don't blame her, I wouldn't want her snooping around any of my accounts.

Thank you, bamboo123!