Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Selling Art for Site Currency- Ever Gave You Trouble?

Discussion in 'Art/Writing General' started by Sirkowskii, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I'm sure many people on here have sold art for on site currency in some sort of Graphics Forum or other on sites such as Aywas, Subeta, ect.

Have you ever had trouble with selling? I'm just wondering since I've been being heckled with an adoptable I'm selling over on a site for it being 'too high of an asking price'. This happened the same time as before with another adoptable I did. I guess it might be because most of the people there are cheap yet I've seen worse art than mine getting bids that are five times more than what I asked to start mine out as.

It dumbfounds me.

Anyway, has anyone had problems like this before?
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Zei

Zei zei-art.com Approved Artist Pet Game Owner Approved Writer VPL Supporter VPL Member

@Sirkowskii

Gah, that happens so much. On every site theres those people that will pop onto your post and nag you about your pricing. Which is why normally I'll hold auctions, that in the rules specifically say "If I'm not satisfied with the ending price, I can end the auction with no winner." But nonetheless, there will always be complainers, no matter what currency you sell them for. Heck, I'm sure if you gave 'em away free you'd find someone complaining! xD
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  3. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

@Zei

Oh, I've held auctions. First post every time I swear, a complainer xD. I started a new one not to long ago, girl came and complained. A very good friend of mine had enough of it and chewed her out bad. I know it seems like a bad thing to do but she hates seeing me be heckled for something, especially when the price is more than fair.

If I gave them away, my god, I could just see the wave of complainers rolling in XD.
  4. Zei

Zei zei-art.com Approved Artist Pet Game Owner Approved Writer VPL Supporter VPL Member

@Sirkowskii

Yeah, it's stinks beyond believe, and it drives me nuts; but a complainer will always complain. :I
  5. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

i usually ask how much my stuff is worth
    its flattering when people say its worth high prices!!
    but then i make a thread
    and post the prices people suggested
    and other people come in and say 'thats too expensive its not worth it'
    theres no winning sometimes (´・ω・`)

ive also been scammed a few times
    wherein ive given the finished product to the person buying it and they used it without paying me and ignore my messages asking for the payment
    or if i give them the finished product with a watermark over it [which is removed after payment of course!] they just edit the watermark out....
    and they always upload it to another server so i cant just change the image
    sigh what can you do then eh ヾ(´A`)ノ゚
  6. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Banned Pet Game Owner Banned

I thought you meant something else, like I have one or two artists of mine working for site currency instead of $.