Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Setup KittoKittoKitto for me?

Discussion in 'Programming Marketplace' started by PremiaPets, Mar 25, 2012.

1. PremiaPets

PremiaPets New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I understand this is alot of work, and I'm a newbie to this site, but I would really appreciate the help.

I have tried setting it up myself, but with no luck.

I'd have to ask that you do this for free, but I could make you a staff member of the site.

I am not sure which host to use, but if you can find a free one which will support KittoKittoKitto, I'll setup an account on it.

Thanks all!

2. Corzeir

Corzeir No longer here Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    Well I'm going to be frank and do not be discouraged however when it comes to hosts your better off with a paid host. First a lot of free hosts don't allow pet site. Second free hosts have limited file space and bandwidth and in the long run a free site will not give you what you need to run a working pet site. In short I would highly invest in a good paid hosting company.

3. Earth

Earth Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    If you get no joy finding someone to help you, I'll give you a hand but it would be some point over the next few days around work and coding ;)

4. RaceTrackRuler

RaceTrackRuler Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Kitto is old and outdated. It still has a few bugs that need fixing. As for the hosting, check out the link below. You can get hosting for $5 per month!
    http://www.elixant.org/aff.php?aff=001

5. Citadel

Citadel Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I managed to set up Kitto Kitto on a free host; 000webhost :) look on Youtube and watch it :D

6. PremiaPets

Reputations:
    I did setup an account at 000webhost. Did you post a video on setting up Kitto on Youtube or just of 000webhost?

Thanks all, but unfortunately, I can't use a paid host, not for a while at least.

7. Citadel

Citadel Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I think so :D

8. dragonweyrgirl

dragonweyrgirl Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    It is against 000webhost's rules to have a petsite (unless you pay). Even then you couldn't have a ton of users on at once.

I'd suggest 3owl.com ^^

9. PremiaPets

Reputations:
    I didn't read those rules, nobody does, thanks though.

I'll set up an account for 30wl then.

Would you mind setting up Kitto then?

10. Jolly

Jolly Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    Wow what a nice site. ouo

11. Corzeir

Reputations:
    I noticed this while I was looking in the FAQ.

12. dragonweyrgirl

Reputations:
    Yeah, my programmer pretty much finished his site for release (Just needed art), and the moderators found his site and deleted it completely. So we learned that virtual pet sites weren't allowed.

PremiaPets - I can't set it up ^^' I started out with Kitto but realized that it just wasn't good enough so I decided to get my site coded from scratch. But some cool stuff can be made with kitto! C:

Good luck!

13. Corzeir

Reputations:
    So 3owl.com does not let pet site set up either then? What options does the OP have left?

14. nobackseat

nobackseat Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Try out x10hosting.com. It's been a long time, but I've used them before and they were pretty good. They allow games.

Good luck.

NBS

15. indysolo621

indysolo621 Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I use x10hosting and they are really good for a free host.

16. dragonweyrgirl

Reputations:
    @Corsair Nono, I meant 000webhost! Sorry, I should have made that more clear ^^;

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  17. RaceTrackRuler

Reputations:
    Don't use a free hosting site if you're making a website. Use WAMP and install it on your computer. When your site is ready for launch, then buy the hosting.

18. Rozel

Rozel New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I tried setting up Kitto but it failed to work. :c If anyone would like to help so I can just mess with it, that'd be cool. I don't know if I plan to make a real site out of it though. And I can't really find the dedication to learn PHP... I feel like when I learn everything I won't be able to figure out how to actually make it work for a petsite. Ah, but anyways, 3owl looks amazing. I'm glad to have found it. Thanks ^^

19. RaceTrackRuler

Reputations:
    If you set it up yourself, I bet you would learn PHP. Try leaning HTML/JavaScript first.

20. Rozel

Rozel New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Yes, it's just it'd be nice to be guided through it. I already attempted to set it up two times on my own, months apart, hoping those times I could do it right but have failed. But I don't want to take away someone's time and I probably won't be using it for anything. I think I'll stick to doing art and writing rather than coding.