1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Slash - Hiatus, Eri takesover - Aywas.com

Discussion in 'Aywas' started by cpvr, Oct 11, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Much needed rest for @Slashmaster
    Source: http://www.aywas.com/news/view/1204/#comments

What does everyone think?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Slash has definitely deserved this break. I hope she enjoys it.

And all the best luck to Eri!​

3. que

que Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Slaaaaaaaash ;-;

.... but yes, a very well deserved break.

4. Michi

Michi Hiatus Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    Yeah there has been too much drama over the halloween event and all. Slash needs this break greatly.

5. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    What drama?​

6. Michi

Reputations:
    There was a few rants boards first off and a big one that was locked by OP request. But yeah... As I said I don't blame Slash for taking that break.

7. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Bleh, that's too bad. =/

8. Bob

Bob Supporter VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    Why do they refer to slash as a he in the message posted above?

9. Discordia

Discordia New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I thought because he was a he? Well, that's what it said on his/her profile?

Slash claimed to be a robot though. The world may never know.

10. Michi

Reputations:
    Slash is a female, but prefers to be known as a male. It is out of respect for his wishes we call him a he.

11. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    It's because it's a big silly thing about people not knowing that she is a she. I don't see the point personally.

As for how I feel about them taking a hiatus for a "undetermined amount of time" lol... I think it's unprofessional. On the other hand I actually have a lot of respect for Eri and think that she will probably even do a better job than Slash so no qualms from me. Hopefully with this vague message given to us it doesn't mean slash intends to abandon the site and have it come crashing down. Owner's need to have thicker skin. They are held to a higher standard than an average Joe.

12. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    It's not really unprofessional if you need to take a break or some time off. If there's a lot of your plate, and you're stressing - things like that, then of course, its good to take a break and come back when you're ready. Slash has been through a lot over the past two years, its their right to take some time off. Unlike - Ian, the owner of Marapets, just leaving the site alone and coming back updating when he's ready. It's kinda the same thing, but at least Slash put someone to take over and not let the site die. I applaud @Slashmaster for that, and glad that things will continue to run for Aywas.

13. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    So who's taking over Felisfire?​

14. Michi

Reputations:
    KnifeSmile (#1414) over on Felis now runs the site. Slash doesn't do much except for tasks that involves USD and whatnot. And its not like Slash is disappearing altogether. Slash will still be running the important stuff behind the scenes. Just taking a step back for actually being on the site and all. Eri is getting updates from Slash daily on what needs to be done.

And I agree with @cpvr about Slash. I mean think of it this way. Wouldn't you want to take a break after almost 2 years of complaints over stupid stuff when you are trying your best to make the site great?

15. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    @Michi @cpvr - Not for an undetermined amount of time no. Breaks, yes. Leaving without anyone knowing when you'll be back would be called abandoning for any other job in the world. Of course that's just my opinion of course. Even if you have a nervous breakdown you don't get to tell your job that you will be back when you feel like it. You have to have a doctor clue them in etc...

16. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hmm I have to agree with @Love. I think some sort of estimation on how long you would be gone should be given when taking a break from the site. Even if you end up returning sooner or later than expected, at least it doesn't look like your turning your back on the users. (I'm NOT saying this is what Slash is doing, but some users may feel this way, however much I doubt Slash would do that)​

17. Michi

Reputations:
    @Love @Joy

Its not uncommon for any owner of a company to take breaks and not tell when they will be back. And its not like Slash is leaving the site altogether during this break. He is just not making posts or updating news themselves.

18. Slashmaster

Slashmaster Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved Writer VPL Member

Reputations:
    Owners of companies can take as long as hiatuses as they like. It's one of the pluses of having a business. A lot of people seem to enjoy throwing around the word "unprofessional" without really thinking about what they're saying, in my opinion. Unprofessional is leaving a site to die with no updates. It is NOT unprofessional to take a break and leave someone equally capable in charge.

It's not like the site is going to go without updates, or without programming, or without art, or without anything, so what, dare I say, is the issue?

19. Jenny Harper

Jenny Harper New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I think you deserve a break and as long as we get updates on what you are doing in RL (we're all nosey like that) I couldn't care less. I know I need a holiday from my RL work.

Maybe set up a Twitter account for yourself that we can all follow and know you're ok?

20. Slashmaster

Slashmaster Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved Writer VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm kinda hoping you're joking there, since I don't really think it's anyone's business what I do IRL. xD
    But I assume you are. People from Aywas add me to Stalkerbook all the time and I always deny those (not that I use Stalkerbook that much? I just post videos of my pets and such). Kinda freaks me out, really.