1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Guest,

Over the next few days there may be some slight changes to VPL. If you see something going on don't be alarmed we most likely know about it! If you have any troubles please contact Evolution.

Happy Holidays
    The VPL Staff
  3. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Some guy just came to my door....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earth, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Earth

Earth Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    A sales guy just came to my door...

Me: Hello?
    Them: Hello, are your parents in?
    Me: no.
    Them: Ok Ill come back later then (walks off).

If he had asked "Are you the home owner" he would have found out that I am indeed the home owner and my parents do not live in my house.

Has anyone else had the same thing? Why do people asume you live with your parents if you look young?

2. SpottyWolf

SpottyWolf Official Derp Wolf Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Those are so friggin' annoying...... ><

3. Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow Approved Writer Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I thought you were going to talk about some pervert. XP

I think that people assume you live with your parents if you look young because it is the norm to them, maybe?

4. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    That, and you could of said. "What are you trying to sell me?" "Oh really..?"
    "I'm not interested.."
    Shuts door!

That, and those damn tele-marketers.

5. Earth

Earth Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    My great aunt used to play the 'im an old vulnerable lady' game. She used to get calls selling her products all of the time. She sounded like an old lady on the phone so people used to play on that. She would keep them on the phone for as long as she could until they realised she wasn't going to buy anything. My favourite on was a chap trying to sell here a conservatory. She spoke to him on the phone for an hour and a half. They arranged to send someone out to give her a quote. The appointment time came. The company van drove into the car park, the chap got out, looked up, got back in his van and drove away. My great aunt lived in a tower block XD She had alot of time on her hands being retired lol

Romany, SpunkiSpirou and cpvr like this.
  6. SpottyWolf

Reputations:
    And ( no offense to anyone) Jehovah's witnesses.....

I told a bunch that my family and I were Pagan and Druids..... they no longer come to my house. In fact they cross the street and cross back over avoiding even the sidewalk infront of my house. I laugh every time.

I know, it's wrong. But at least they don't bug me during dinnertime or during my daughter's nap time now!

Romany and SpunkiSpirou like this.
  7. bigdude

bigdude Growing Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I have an app on my phone called Mr. Number that blocks out spam calls automatically. It never rings and goes straight to voicemail. It's rather impressive and I love having it. I had Charter when I was doing my internship and they would call constantly trying to sell me on additional services. I figure if it's vital, they will leave a voicemail. If not, sorry. I don't want to talk to you.

8. Shadow

Shadow Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hahahaha, @EarthEarth , that was really great XD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  9. cpvr

Reputations:
    Ya, I don't get anything like that on my cell phone. But, you have that on your house phone? How can I do that? I'd love to set that up for my parents because we get a lot of annoying calls and sometimes its when one of us are taking a nap, and bam, they call.

OMG lmao @EarthEarth thanks for sharing that with us!:D

10. bigdude

bigdude Growing Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    No, we haven't had a house phone in years. All calls come to us through our cell phones. The only reason I get anything from Charter is because obviously I was subscribed to them. Other than that, I don't have any problems with solicitations over the cell phone. I guess I don't receive that many, but if for whatever reason I did start to, I would never receive any of them.

I am not sure that anything like that exists for land lines. Have they been put on the do not call list?

11. cpvr

Reputations:
    Our number is listed in the do not call list. Which is weird.

Hmm, I've never ran into this issue. I'm a Christian myself so if someone came to our door trying to sell bibles or anything else, I'll just pull mine out that was given to me in Jail, and the one that I received from a Church.

12. Alkali Regnant

Alkali Regnant FeatheredCritter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Web Designer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Happens to me all the time. I'm almost 21 but people still think I'm a freshman in high school -_-

13. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Pet Game Owner Pet Game Owner Banned

Reputations:
    @SpottyWolfSpottyWolf Yeah I know what you mean, when it first happened I didn't know they were Jehovah's Witnesses at the door, and I was in the middle of a tarot reading and I answered the door with the 'devil' card in my hand (I get all the shite cards when I do mine) and they saw it and were like :O

14. SpottyWolf

Reputations:
    OMG that's hilarious!!!! ;)

15. cpvr

Reputations:
    Classic.:style

16. K1234

K1234 Newish Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Lol, i have a couple of friends who have this issue. Looking young can be a blessing one day and then annoying the next day when people assume your not legal to drink, smoke etc.

17. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    if anything you should be happy that he left you alone that quickly considering theyre persistent as all hell here lmao

'hello are your parents home'
    'no.'
    'er... how old are you?'
    '18.'
    'ID JUST LIKE TO TAKE A MOMENT TO SELL YOU THIS DOUBLE GLAZING--'
    'im not interested'
    'BUT ITS THE BEST DOUBLE GLAZING--'
    'we already have it'
    'BUT NOT THIS DOUBLE GLAZING--'
    'we have double glazing, we dont need it'
    'THIS DOUBLE GLAZING IS BETTER--'
    'the double glazing we have right now is good'
    'PERHAPS WE COULD SIT AND NEGOTIATE THIS--'
    'im not interested'
    'BUT YOU MIGHT BE WHEN YOU HEAR OUR GREAT OFFERS'

18. Romany

Romany Superb Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Before I was born my dad's friend saw some jehovahs witness' coming to his door, so he stripped naked and answered it XD. They were so horrified apparently.Another time, the same man invited another group of witness' into his house and converted them to becoming Anglican or something. They thought they'd convert him, when in fact when they left his house they were in awe of the Anglican religion. Hahaha :)

19. Lyrakish

Lyrakish Superb Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    If it's anyone religious I just laugh hysterically and pull out my pentacle. If it's sales people I pull my big eyed look out and they ask where mum and dad are.