1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Guest,

Over the next few days there may be some slight changes to VPL. If you see something going on don't be alarmed we most likely know about it! If you have any troubles please contact Evolution.

Happy Holidays
    The VPL Staff
  3. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Sonas? New RPG game?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by cpvr, Feb 9, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    I just heard about Sonas from one of my good friends. - http://sonaslife.com/#

Information on Sonas:

Apparently you have to pay in order to get an alpha account - which is $15 for a basic account.
    Information on accounts:
    http://sonaslife.com/index.php?alpha=alpha

I know, I won't be paying to play this game - are you going to pay?

So, do you know anything about Sonas?

2. Jamaalie

Jamaalie Growing Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    if you're a tester, shouldn't they be paying you if any payment is involved? o_O they should def have some sort of guest account so people can at least see what they would be getting...

3. MrPrince

MrPrince Superb Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Completely agree with comment above.
    Alpha and beta testers are there to help YOU to find bugs and issues, to come up with ideas, and to help make sure everything is in shape for when the site opens to public.

The site looks nice though. Can't wait till it opens to public.

4. Slashmaster

Slashmaster Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved Writer VPL Member

Reputations:
    In my opinion, it wasn't worth my $15.00. I bought an account to take a look around. It looks like the coded features are limited to the basics, some custom characters you have to pay real money for (similar to Wajas), and a very simplistic "Explore" feature where you click a button and get "Nothing happens& you found [site currency]" or possibly other things but I haven't clicked through all 500 turns yet.

Kind of reminds me of Aramii with the turn-based explore system. It's a little disappointing as I'd hope that an alpha site would have some semblance of an actual RPG engine in it (at least, something more interesting than the click click I've found already) - unless I'm playing it wrong.

Given that I don't want to spend more money (lol), my actions on the site seem limited to absolutely nothing. Again, unless I'm playing it wrong, which I could be.

I don't think I'll be going back regardless.

But that's my two cents, for whatever it's worth.

5. MegaCreomon

MegaCreomon Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I gave it a look-see using the Tester account and didn't see anything that would make me want to spend money on a personal account. If I'm going to pay to be there, there needs to be at least a little something. Currently there's really nothing to do on there. If they open for free accounts later, I'll give it a shot. But I won't pay.

What I DO like, from what I saw, is just the pet art. It looks nice, and I really like that they're given action poses rather than the typical standing/sitting poses nearly every other pet site I've visited uses.

6. kami

kami Moderator Moderator VPL Member

Reputations:
    I remember having a LONG conversation about this site on VPU. There wasn't much enthusiasm about it, especially the price for what you get in return.

7. Lycan

Lycan Digis Co-Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    Where is the tester account information located? I've been watching the site, hoping for free open-beta opportunities. I've been debating on buying an account, but I haven't heard any spectacular reviews on it.

8. MegaCreomon

MegaCreomon Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I think they may have removed that one. I was trying to login with it a moment ago to make sure I wouldn't be giving you information you couldn't use, and it tells me that no account exists for that name(was "test")

One of the mods gave away free accounts to Aluriya users who wanted one, so I snatched one up.

Right now, I would say do not buy.

Every pet on the site requires you to purchase a stone using the sites cash currency. There are no free pets at all. Not even one to get you started, which you NEED in order to use the explore area.

The breeding system is very much like Khimeros(this is the only site I can compare it to as far as quick easy breedings), except that you have to purchase a stone for that too(free currency this time, and very cheap) and there are no hybrids. But I think there was discussion of adding those later.

Other than that, there really is nothing to do on that site.

I'd hold off until there's actually something there.

9. Lycan

Lycan Digis Co-Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hm, I wouldn't even spend money on something that I couldn't test first, anyway @.@
    That's goofy on their part... Unless they WANT the mystery to lure people in.

10. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    I'm still quite curious as to how many people actually play this game.