Virtual pets and Sim games community

Would you like to become a member of the most successful virtual pets and sim games community on the internet? Virtual pet list has been opened since 2011 and we've been providing game developers(owners), artists, players and writers with the most relevant, up to date, quality and in depth content covering the entire online pet games, sim games and browser based games industry. So, if if you're interested in discussing virtual pet games, game development or online sims, our flourishing forum is perfect for you. Our sneak peeks forum is designed for new owners to showchase their upcoming in development games.

You can learn how to manage, make money and learn all aboutonline pet game management or discuss the best ways of developing a sim game. Find new sites to play in our online games directory. Currently, there's a total of over 80 pet games and over 70 sim games in our directory. So, feel free to post a review, a comment, or leave a like on any online game that we have listed. If you like a game that we have listed, please help us out by sharing it on social media.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headIn icey them pet game Kaylune, a virtual pet site Breed online pet eliyo
    Managed Web Hosting by Liquid Web breed horses on this very active sim game

Browse our Online Games Directory
    Admin and webmasters community - Browser games Beastkeeper
    Gaming Reinvented

Spending Money on Free Games?

Discussion in 'Talk Gaming' started by jakdacrowe, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Just thought of something because of some tiny incident I came across on in Spiral Knights.

Basically, I was in a full 4-man team just beating a boss called the Jelly King. (tier 2 boss)
    But throughout the entire run, some people in my party was calling me an idiot for spending money on a free game. This was just after they were curious on how much Crystal Energy I had and whether I earned it in the game or bought it.

... Excuse me sir. Yes, I know it's possible to get everything in the game eventually through just playing daily/often and saving up Crowns and converting that to Crystal Energy (the "cash shop" currency). And it'll probably take a few months to get a full set of armor. AND to upgrade it.
    origins virtual pet site origins kickstarter
    But I'm here SUPPORTING the game. So it can stay alive and not suddenly just disappear because the company thinks it isn't profitable anymore.
    The only things I've spent money on in the game is on those limited edition items/accessories, and I usually get a ton of Crystal Energy (CE) with it. >_>
    I mean, I had enough saved for 40k CE. If I converted all 40k to Crowns (around a 100 CE to 3,500 Crowns rate), I... Would be friggin' rich. lulz

Maybe unfair to non-paying players. But the Energy is used like everything else. The game doesn't have super weapons or armors only buyable with Energy. It just makes my armor/weapon upgrading a tad faster, so I don't spend months trying to get an armor set I want. >_>

Is there something wrong with that?
    origins virtual pet site origins kickstarter

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. I don't see why not, your supporting something you like, just like a VPS you don't have to buy the cash shop items but it's nice to get things you don't have to get 100 mill site credits for. If you enjoy the game and feel the items you buy are worth it, then more power to you. Besides it's your money people should tell you what to do with it, unless you owe them lol.
  3. Calling you and idiot for spending money? Lmao. They should be thanking you for supporting the game.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. There's nothin wrong with supporting your favorite game. Those telling you that are the idiots because they wouldn't care if the game shut down or not. Haters!
  5. People have a sense of entitlement where they feel they should always be able to have everything, NOW, with no work. :(
  6. You said it!
  7. It's like that on Evony, free game but you can buy cents to get hero upgrades and whatnot else if you want to.

I had to stop playing that game, I don't know how much I spent on the account I don't dare go through the receipts and count it all up cause it'll be like it was on Subeta, but I was playing it about 20 hours a day.
  8. I used to play that a whole lot too, Spunki! Loved it. I only spent about $30 total on it...then I introduced my bro to it, and it was while he was on bed rest. He spent hundreds (maybe even more) on it. I quit playing it cold turkey 'cause it was just such a bad addiction!
  9. I've played other sim games and have done both - supported/bought currency or items and I've also earned them. The way I see it, there is no wrong way or right way -- it's just up to the member's personal preferance. :)