Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Steve jobs and his creativity

Discussion in 'Creativity Discussion' started by cpvr, Jun 15, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I was watching Twitter earlier, and one of the people that I followed - posted a link to an article about Steve Jobs, and how creative he was for a few years, and guess what?

Here's what the article says: http://www.newser.com/story/148089/steve-jobs-lsd-changed-my-life.html
    [​IMG]

What does everyone think about this? Did you think Steve Jobs was sober a lot of times?
  2. que

que Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Steve Jobs did a lot, and I mean a LOT of drugs, haha.
    He traveled across the world to try new ones.

Everyone has a different way of stimulating their mind, and I guess that was his way.

It's been reported that doing hallucinatory drugs has a positive impact mentally. That's not to say they're perfectly fine to do all day everyday.
    However, mushrooms can make depressed people do a complete 180 with their moods... and LSD/Acid can "open new doors" in your mind. Again, moderation.

I'm not ashamed to say I've tried it, as that part of my life has passed me now- it genuinely had a positive effect on me. I do know the experience is different for everyone.
    I have done, however do not endorse drug use, but again- whatever makes you tick.
  3. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

As you know, I've always known Steve Jobs did drugs. I know this is new news to you, but it's old for me, lol.

On a unrelated/related note, he also smelled very badly. People usually wouldn't get close to him because he would smell horrible. The main reason for this was because he was a total vegetarian and his diet caused his hygiene to be horrible. That followed him to the day he died.. lmao.

But yep, it's no surprise he took drugs during the 1970s. Everyone took drugs back then. Lol. It was highly socially acceptable. As long as you could grow out of it, I don't find it shocking.

In regards to Steve Job's creativity being affected by the drugs--
    In the 1970s-1990s Steve Jobs was behind Microsoft. It wasn't until the 2000s where Apple really began to emerge as a worrisome competitor against Microsoft. I'd be hesitant to say the drugs helped him at all
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  4. Romany

Romany New Member VPL Member

He was a hippy, so taking drugs was probably in the norm for him.
    Some hallucagens can bring on a lot of creativity. He probably wasn't on drugs while in the apple industry, but he was the most inivative person I know of. But I doubt the drugs were with him all the way into this century. He was a very creative person with or without the drugs.​
  5. cpvr

It's good to know because even entertainers do drugs[well some], and they tend to rap better when they're on them. Take Lil Wayne as an example, and other artists. It's funny how some even discuss it, but don't even do it. Steve Jobs was an amazing man. He did a lot. And really, can't blame the guy for doing it. He was rich.
  6. Gabby

He wasn't that rich. How many people do you know during the 1970s talk about their Mac computers? Or even Microsoft computers?

They didn't get real rich until the late 80s
  7. cpvr

Lol, nobody really. And he used acid right? That explains it because it can give you visions - other wise known as hallucations and I wouldn't try it because of that. hallucations, I don't play around with those. And anything changing my perspective on life = a no, no, but that doesn't mean I haven't done anything that are known to cause those. I just haven't experienced one.
  8. Gabby

Yeah he used acid

I could see you doing acid. @x3mxpxaddctd have anything to say about your own personal experiences? >_>
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013