Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Stress: how do you deal with yours?

Discussion in 'Health' started by cpvr, Apr 7, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

When I get stressed out; I like to read, write or listen to music to keep my stress levels down.

How about you though?
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  2. Sammie

Sammie New Member VPL Member

I usually start cleaning, or go exercise. xD Tires me out and relaxes me, so I'm ready to do anything I need to do. A nice hot shower is good too. <3
  3. diaz

diaz Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Well, I start throwing a "controlled" fit :p
    It is not good for me to draw while I am stressed as it causes me to throw even more fits xD
  4. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

ALL OF THE ABOVE.

But unfortunately I can't work out right now. Even cleaning for too long isn't good for me, right now. (When I clean, I CLEAN. Vacuum, dust, wash, lift things...)

So I play games, watch tv, take hot baths and listen to music...​
  5. Sammie

Sammie New Member VPL Member

I do that too, Joy! I was stressed out the other day so I went and moved all the furniture around in my room and completely cleaned it. xD Music is awesome as well. <3

Yea, I do that sometimes when I need to finish a project... doesn't end up well. XD I'll get sooo bothered by the littlest things, haha.
  6. cpvr

Well, does music help you relax?
  7. diaz

Some times, I am to stressed, which causes me to barely think. But music tends to be a remedy for me. :)
  8. cpvr

What type of music? =P
    I like big sean's new songs
    [video=youtube;kra_CjyEfLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kra_CjyEfLU&feature=related[/video]
  9. diaz

I am pretty open to any type of songs.
    But, I prefer pop a little more then most music. Specifically, Lady Gaga :p
  10. Steve

Steve Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

It all really depends on how stressed we're talking! When I get super stressed, I withdraw from everything, until I can talk to someone, who will just listen, until I stop talking.

A friend of mine gave me a tool for when I'm starting to get stressed, that has actually helped some. She told me to imagine my stressors as little imps or demons, and give them sweets. If I need to, I use a visual to remind me of it. To some degree it works. Once they have their cookies, or cake, or chocolate, they're happy, and leave me alone, to get on with my life.

Otherwise, I'm the complete opposite of Diaz. I actually draw better, sometimes, when I'm stressed. I pay less attention to the issues that the drawings have, and just work and rework them until they come out to something that I can deal with. It's mostly an impulse thing. The drawing may actually look like crap, but, at the time, it was almost a relief to get it out of my head. I used to do drawings when I was particularly stressed out, in ball point pen, so that I couldn't go back later and erase it...because it was a way of reminding myself how bad things were at that moment. The victory of it, was that in seeing that things WERE that bad, I can look back at it and say, "But you got through it. And, look how creative you were when you were dealing with that."

But, yeah, music helps...And chocolate...LOTS of chocolate. :)
  11. cpvr

Stressing is something I don't like thinking about, but I admit, I was pretty stressed out the other day because our AC broke again and the quote we received from the mechanic shop was pretty high. And we don't have that type of money right now, but I got over it because my girlfriend spoke to her step-dad and he said he'll try to fix it again.
  12. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Banned Pet Game Owner Banned

Play some loud music.
  13. MichaelCrystal

MichaelCrystal Member VPL Member

Pillow. Fist. You can figure the rest;) lolz
  14. cpvr

That's one of my favorite methods as well. What type of headphones do you have? Do you blast the music on your computer?

Also, do you think working out helps with stress relieve? @MichaelCrystal
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  15. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

hide in my room for weeks playing minecraft or some mediocre mmo avoiding everyone until i feel like i need to talk to another human
  16. MichaelCrystal

@cpvr
    I've tried working out to relieve the stress in my life, but it didn't always work. If I was feeling in a particular bad mood with my self appearance or something like that, or was having stress do to my appearances, I would work out, aggressively. And I usually felt that when I would gain a bit of weight, and then go back to being muscular, then go back into the same routine. I was never overweight to honestly say, but working out only helped out when it came to my thoughts about myself, otherwise if I tried working out while stressed, it usually only made me more stressed about whatever it was. :/
  17. cpvr

Well, I asked because it sometimes different for people. If I'm mad, I take it out on my body and work out harder. I don't dive into food like I used to because I've learned to control that aspect of my life. Depression sometimes makes me eat a lot more though. I still think of my self-apperance as being big, but I'm trying to lose it. Like yesterday, my girlfriend bought me 3 shirts that were xL, and I weight 3x, but those shirts fit me fine. I was surprised.
  18. MichaelCrystal

@cpvr
    Yeah, it's amazing how much you can do that you thought you couldn't do when you are mad, upset, or just generally stressed. I'll learned that you can far exceed what you think you can do if you have motivation.:)
  19. cpvr

Motivation is the key to anyone's success though, you're right about that. If you're unmotivated, you tend to be more lazy than others. Have you ever had a problem with motivation?
  20. MichaelCrystal

Put it this way, most of my motivation comes from my ex-gf, Rachel. We are separated right now and it hurts, we might get back together than again we might not. It's complicated, but when we are together we always seem to get back together, then she gives me more motivation, she's alot of my motivation.

There's other things that give me motivation such as people thinking I can't do things that I know I can (Sparked the Creation of Maniapets ;D), and other such things :)