Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

This is shameless self promotion, but help me out here-

Discussion in 'Art/Writing General' started by Arj, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Arj

Arj Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I'd rather like to keep the other thread I made just about why you can't tell someone if there art is bad or not. This is something from within that thread:

"I post this because an acquaintance of mine recently entered an online art contest and posted it all over facebook to get her friends to like it so she can get 1000 dollars for college or something. There isn't a lot of good stuff in it, but the amount of utter crap her entry was plus the fact that it has sixty something freaking likes while most have two just makes me rage."

[​IMG]

She entered this so she could get 1000 dollars for college - the contest is meant to focus on how important art education is. That's what the topic is. Art education. The winning entry (entries?) gets a 1k scholarship, but their school gets 5000 freaking dollars for their art program. She doesn't even go to a school. Any school. She's been out of school since May and has made no plans with any college or any other scholarships anywhere.

MYPOINTIS: my school's art program has done a million lovely things for me, and I'd like to give back to them. So I scribbled up a submission, and with voting closing Monday, all it's riding on is hope.

If you don't find this too self serving of me, please, click this link and click the like or tweet button beneath the picture (you have to be logged into your twitter/FB, obviously) as each tweet/like of it is a vote for it. Then the highest voted on pieces go into a pool, and the professional judges choose from there. After you do, please encourage your friends to do the same. Thisissoshamelessbutit'sformyschoolandmyprideatthispoint.

http://www.dosomething.org/make-art-save-art/gallery/put-color-back-education

[​IMG]

The piece is rushed and I only had <2 hours to work on it to get it posted, but voting ends on the 28th - Monday. If you don't think I'm a total douche, please help my school make 5000 dinero.

And if you have critique for it, please, I would honestly love to hear it.

Because I'm not a pansy.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Moderator Programming Moderator Senior Programmer Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

I liked it on Facebook. Good luck.
  3. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I liked it in facebook too :D good luck :D it's totally awesome <3
  4. Tyler

Tyler Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner

I voted for you, Arj! ;D
  5. Don Relentless

Don Relentless Member VPL Member

I voted! I also posted it to my facebook profile.

Good Luck :)
  6. Zarabeythe

Zarabeythe Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

I shared it, and will most likely share again this weekend. If I can get the Ren Faire or Dickens Faire community to pick it up, we could nab a lot of votes. :) Best of luck!

~Zara
  7. Becca

Becca Member VPL Member

I've posted it on my free art thread on Aywas and updated the topic with it. Hopefully a few people should see it and vote!
  8. Elz

Elz Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I'll like it on my facebook too, and link to it on my own art page. :p
    Good luck with it!
  9. ShadowBmine

ShadowBmine Member VPL Member

Liked it on facebook :)
  10. Tantra

Tantra New Member VPL Member

I pressed the Twitter button and sent a link to my followers. I really hope you win this and can give something back to your school.
  11. Arj

Arj Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  12. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I sent out the tweet as well. Good luck @Arj
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013