Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Titanic 2 - 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toxic Rainbow Kisses, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Toxic Rainbow Kisses

Toxic Rainbow Kisses Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Titanic II is the first of four luxury cruise ships Mr Palmer has commissioned CSC Jinling Shipyard to build.
    The construction is expected to begin next year but the cost has not yet been revealed.

It is not the mining magnate’s first venture into tourism – he already owns a luxury holiday resort on the Sunshine Coast.

Mr Palmer called the project ‘a tribute to the spirit of the men and women who worked on the original Titanic.’

More than 1,500 people died in the sinking of the Titanic, which at the time was the world's largest and most luxurious ocean liner.

The vessel struck an iceberg on its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York on April 14 1912 and sunk less than three hours later.

Read more:Titanic II is the first of four luxury cruise ships Mr Palmer has commissioned CSC Jinling Shipyard to build.
    The construction is expected to begin next year but the cost has not yet been revealed.

It is not the mining magnate’s first venture into tourism – he already owns a luxury holiday resort on the Sunshine Coast.

Mr Palmer called the project ‘a tribute to the spirit of the men and women who worked on the original Titanic.’

More than 1,500 people died in the sinking of the Titanic, which at the time was the world's largest and most luxurious ocean liner.

The vessel struck an iceberg on its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York on April 14 1912 and sunk less than three hours later.

Read more: Titanic II is the first of four luxury cruise ships Mr Palmer has commissioned CSC Jinling Shipyard to build.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...sions-21st-century-replica.html#ixzz1tXdNAOES

What do you guys think of this?
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Pretty cool if they nail it off properly. With all the awesome early 20'th century halls and details, would be heaven for eccentrics.
  3. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

I know that some people will probably - or most likely - be entirely against this. They'll claim that it's a disrespect for those who died on the original Titanic, the original ships memory, ect. ect. But honestly, although I would normally say that they should leave things like this alone, I feel that this is more of an honor than anything else. People want to know more about titanic, they want to be able to walk across the deck or explore the inside of the elegant ship. Now they can actually do that with this replica. I think my only concern is how much it'll be to actually travel on this ship... I expect that it'll be well around $1,000 a ticket, depending on destination and so on.

I'm very much looking forward to this event.​
  4. santamynana

santamynana Retired Moderato Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

"Waits in line for ticket sales to start" i deffinatly want to go on this just to learn some more really. the only thing it doesnt mention is lfeboats, are they going to add more lifeboats? :p
  5. DinoPrincess

DinoPrincess Member VPL Member

woow, I would like to be on this boat :D Love the Titanic ( but not only the movie :) That is a great idea.
  6. 7oby

7oby Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

It's really cool that someone's actually doing this. Hopefully they don't put in all the things that were wrong with the original Titanic (ex: lifeboats) and I hope they add air conditioning or something. The original probably didn't have AC and the lower decks most have gotten insanely hot. Air craft carriers without AC get really hot.
  7. hazyvoyage

hazyvoyage Approved Artist Approved Artist

I would not get on that ship. xD
    I feel like it'd be cursed or something.
  8. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Exactly. I wouldn't even go on the ship if they had some exclusive celebrities doing concerts on it or something. It's just not worth it.
  9. hazyvoyage

@cpvr Yep. o-o

My fiance's views were that it's disrespectful and horrible. He feels like it'll bring back bad memories for people who had experience with the first Titanic, etc.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  10. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

It is quite disrespectful, but since its being developed by a billionaire, I can see why he's doing it. Sure, it's going to cost him a lot - but imagine how many people are going to buy tickets, just because its the new Titanic. It's retarded, but hey.
  11. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

So how does he feel about documentaries or movies? o_O
    There's barely a difference... why not have a monumental object (or a replicated ship) help hold memory to those who faced the tragic events of Titanic? Kicking it in the dust or simply choosing to keep it in our past is a little more disrespectful, in my opinion. This wont be Titanic... it'll be a remembrance of the original ships glory and beauty. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think this billionaire is actually doing some good with his money. At least, it's better than giving the world another fast food chain, or another facebook, or whatever. He's trying to bring history back into our lives in a way that we can touch and see it. I'm personally more offended that people are taking objects from Titanic and scattering them all over the world in museums.
  12. hazyvoyage

@Joy /shrugs
    o-o

It was his view, not mine.
  13. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Oh I know. lol
    I just don't agree with his view.​
  14. hazyvoyage

@Joy I don't really have any feelings about it other than I feel like it'd be cursed or haunted or something. Dx