1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

URGENT! REDUCED PRICE PROGRAMMING!!! Get a game for $300

Discussion in 'Programming Marketplace' started by design1online, Mar 19, 2012.

1. design1online

design1online Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    One of my horses recently contracted lymes disease. Half of her face is paralyzed and she's at risk of loosing her eye. As a result the vet has to come out every day for a month to give her special injections -- the farm visit alone is $54 and on Sundays I have to pay the emergency fee. That means her shots are running me $300 a day Monday - Saturday and $600 on Sunday for a total of $2,100 a WEEK.

I'm in desperate need of programming work!!!!

I'm offering rock bottom prices on all programming quotes and my Daisy game package for only $300 without a layout and $400 with a layout. In addition I'm offering my Tulip game package for only $850 without a layout and $950 with a layout. I can deliver a Daisy game package in just about two weeks. A tulip takes about a month. Hosting is not included but I can host your game for only $10 a month if you need it and a domain name is not included in the Daisy package.

Daisy Package - $300
    Join, Login, Logout, Lost Password
    Message Board
    Breeding System
    Care System
    Custom Gameplay
    Basic Competition System
    Basic Banking System
    Basic Newspaper
    Basic Messaging System
    Basic Admin Panel
    PHP Chat Room
    IPN Upgrades
    Layout - add $100 to cost

Tulip Package - $850
    Join, Login, Logout, Lost Password
    Message Board
    Breeding System
    Care System
    Custom Gameplay
    Basic Competition System
    Basic Banking System
    Basic Newspaper
    Basic Messaging System
    Basic Admin Panel with Moderators
    Basic Polls
    Domain Registration
    Friends List
    WYSIWYG Editors (graphical interface for textareas)
    Members Online
    PHP Chat Room
    IPN Upgrades
    Layout - add $100 to total cost

2. Hituro

Hituro Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    Ahh, I am sorry to hear about your horse! I don't have a need for the packages, but good luck in getting a buyer!

3. design1online

Reputations:
    Thanks. I'm also offering custom programming at reduced prices, perhaps you need something else programmed? I can do jQuery/AJAX, and Flash programming as well.

4. dragonweyrgirl

dragonweyrgirl Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Good luck! I'm super sorry to hear about your horse, but I'm very glad that you are sticking with her! I'm sure once she's better, she'll appreciate it.

Can you make flash games if the art was provided to you, and a detailed description of what I want (or guidelines, whichever ^^)? I really want to help out! <3

5. design1online

Reputations:
    Yep I can make flash games with art you've provided. Hey, I volunteered at FOHA -- they are friends of HART. Are you in VA too?

6. Nicolas

Nicolas Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    how much would flash games cost? and do you have previeuws of the ones you made ^^because i'm very intrested!

7. design1online

Reputations:
    Hey Nicolas. Flash games cost anywhere from $50 - $200. I've been working on a flash MMO for the last year so I don't have any current mini-games I can show you but I can pm you a login to my MMO in progress or I can give you a login to my flash chat room. I have a video of some of the MMO's horse creator on youtube

[video=youtube;jxm4a1j2jGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxm4a1j2jGM[/video]

8. dragonweyrgirl

dragonweyrgirl Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't volunteer with HART, but I do volunteer with a shelter ^^

And for the price, does that come with art or do you have to provide it? (So would it be less if I supplied art)

9. design1online

Reputations:
    I mean I can do really basic art for you but most people supply their own art so it matches the style of the artist they're currently using for their website. Providing the art (or not) won't make a difference in the price.

Aww, well good for you for volunteering! I volunteered at FOHA for 13 years and have 4 dogs I adopted from them.

10. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hi there, Jade.

I would like to request some coding samples from you. At least 2, please.​

11. design1online

Reputations:
  12. design1online

Reputations:
  13. PaulSonny

PaulSonny Boopets owner VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer VPL Member

Reputations:
    Do you have a front of house for the map editor?

Paul.

14. design1online

Reputations:
    The map editor uses a tilesheet so if you can find a tilesheet for a house it's really easy to switch out the tilesheet or use a different tilesheet for different maps or different map levels. I have a directory of tilesheets I've found online but I'm not sure if all of them are freeware, you should find your own to be sure: http://design1online.com/downloads/sprite tiles/

15. PaulSonny

PaulSonny Boopets owner VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer VPL Member

Reputations:
    Apologies I meant do you have any coding that shows the map(s) in action rather than just editing it?

16. design1online

Reputations:
  17. design1online

Reputations:
  18. nobackseat

nobackseat Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    PHP:
        $id $database->single("id""members""WHERE username='" $_POST['username'] . "' AND 
                                password='" 
    $_POST['password'] . "'");
    This indicates you store passwords in plain text, does it not?

Edit: Meant to post it on this thread, my apologies.

NBS

19. nobackseat

nobackseat Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    So by default there is no encryption? Do you ask the clients? Because, I mean, for me, that's sort of a given. I find my password to be personal data...

NBS

20. design1online

Reputations:
    Heh that's okay. Unless encryption is requested or personal information is stored then yes, they're stored as plain text.