1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Vis Servo KIDZ! Information

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets News' started by Tyrant, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Tyrant

Tyrant Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Vis Servo proudly presents Vis Servo KIDZ!

When we open our doors we will be allowing players as young as 13 to sign up to play Vis Servo and if you are under the age of 13 you may play if you get your parents to send us written permission.

The idea behind this addition to the original game is because we are an educational game and we feel that shutting our younger players who could benefit just as much, or even more, from playing the game is unfair. Younger players will be offered a more age appropriate version of gameplay but you still get to experience Vis Servo at its best.
    The game has been divided between those who are 16 and over and those who are 15 and younger. Each age group will have their own forums, own set of rules, animal biographies and limited communication. We're also not allowing some of the more mature items to be released to our younger players to ensure our younger players are safe and our older players can enjoy the freedom they have always had.

Once a user reaches the age of 16 they will have the option to move onto the mature community or hang around with their friends in the KIDZ version for another 6 months before they are automatically moved up. The plus side is you can still keep in contact with these friends if they're on your friends list. If you're a current player who is under 16, who had given parental consent to play Vis Servo already, you will have the option to stay with the mature community or move down to the KIDZ version if you feel it would be more appropriate for you. More will be disclosed about all of the finer details closer to the time.

We really hope you are as excited about this news as we are. We're thrilled to be able to offer our game to younger players at last and hope that all players both new and old will enjoy the Vis Servo experience and everything it has to offer when we come back online.

In the meantime if you haven't already noticed, you and your friends can now sign up on our website to be alerted via email when we're ready to open for beta testing. Current members will receive an email automatically so don't worry about signing up at this time!

We also have a Photography Contest going on the public forums which is open to the public and our official logo has been completed and you can find it above. Other then that I hope everyone is well and I cannot wait to invite you all back into our little world of Vis Servo!

- Tyrant
    www.vis-servo.com

2. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    GRATZ! :D I'm sure this will attract much more users to your site ^^

3. Tyrant

Reputations:
    Thanks! It just seemed silly not to allow younger users to play, especially when we're trying to teach a little too. Hopefully they will appreciate it. :)

4. Kiku

Kiku Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    That banner is seriously gorgeous! And this is a lovely way to include multiple age groups in your site without having to water features down to accommodate younger audiences.

5. Tyrant

Reputations:
    Yes I didn't want to upset ourcurrent members by shoving both age ranges together. We started out as a game for older players to take a break from it all and unwind, so I didn't want the two groups clashing. Hopefully both will feel the benefits but enjoy the gameplay also and with things being a little more age appropriate for the younger players they will hopefully learn a little something too.

And yes, @Bexxy did our lovely logo and @reddogdied was the one who made my signature banner which was one the site layout. Both are simply wonderful artists. <3

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Sounds good to me @Tyrant
    Have you contacted Coppa so you can become coppa-regulated or anything? I remember when Marapets went Coppa, they got a press release and everything.

7. Tyrant

Reputations:
    I'm talking this over with a legal adviser at the moment. :)

8. cpvr

Reputations:
    Ya @ian is also from the UK and that's where Marapets is based from. But sounds like you have everything under control - so can you please keep us updated on this? Not a whole lot of sites these days are going the COPPA route.

9. Tyrant

Reputations:
    I didn't realise that. Is @ian active? Maybe I'll have to try and get in touch with him as it's a real taboo area for me. It's not something we use in the UK so a lot of legal firms are clueless, trying to find the right person is a bit of a task. I'll keep you up to date if I find out anything useful.

10. cpvr

Reputations:
    He doesn't get on here as often, but I know Powerpets is also coppa-compliment. You might want to Pm @TheMetal or @SFire

11. Tyrant

Reputations:
    @cpvr - Thanks for the tips. :) We're well on the way to having it all water tight. :)

12. cpvr

Reputations:
    You're very welcome. It's great that you're embracing the kids as well. I remember when @ian first started Marapets and went through Coppa/Caru as well. I think it was a great decision. Even though, members can't post off-site links because that's a rule with Coppa - well, links to forums really. So, you might have to design a URL filter - that way, all approved links pass through Vis Servo. Unless, they changed the rules about that.

13. Tyrant

Reputations:
    Thank you for that! You guys are really helpful with this stuff. It is much appreciated! <3

14. cpvr

Reputations:
    No problem, we're here to help. ^.^