Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Vmons Adventure System (Coming Soon)

Discussion in 'Sneak Peeks' started by Knight, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Knight

Knight Member VPL Member

There has been a great lack of updates for Vmons.com. This is due to my working life and also a large amount of time I've been spending planning out the adventure system. So far I have the small stuff worked out and I will be moving on to making the full fledged questing happen soon. The goal is to have basic starting content setup in the system by the end of this month. Here is a minor idea of what we're working on:

[video=youtube;S6tlppkex30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6tlppkex30[/video]
  2. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Moderator Programming Moderator Senior Programmer Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

That's very nice. Is it using APE?
  3. Knight

Knight Member VPL Member

No, it uses jQuery + GameQuery and tons of leg work I added in.
  4. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Moderator Programming Moderator Senior Programmer Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

5. Knight

Knight Member VPL Member

That is some pretty spiffy sauce code. Vmons isn't going to be an MMO though. It's a single player canvas. I don't have the resources to be make an MMO like that yet.

That project is using the same tile set I am using for the time being, until I can get a pixel artist.
  6. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Looks good! :D
  7. Ripsnarl

Ripsnarl New Member VPL Member

Looks really good for something using jQuery! Those tiles and sprites are RPG Maker resources, are they not? I remember there used to be an old ORPG engine that used those by default.
  8. DinoPrincess

DinoPrincess Member VPL Member

Nice, nice nice!! Looks really good! Nice work
  9. Knight

Knight Member VPL Member

Thanks everyone.

@Ripsnarl,
    I think the tiles and art belongs to RPG maker. They are just temporary for testing the engine and will be replaced later. They are definitely the standard I will be holding the end artwork for the system up to.

I pretty much ripped the tiles out of Crystal Shire, when I was planning on coming up with a C# version of Mirage Source.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  10. Ripsnarl

Ripsnarl New Member VPL Member

I absolutely loved Mirage Source and the Konfuze/Elysium branches. Definitely see the inspiration from it in your work :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013