Welcome to Virtual Pet List

Would you like to become a member of the largest and most successful virtual pets & sim games community on the internet today? We've been opened since 2011 and we're getting very close to having over 9,000 members .who are fans of pet games and sims just like you are. So if playing a pet site or a sim game interests you, then we'd love to have you become a member of our flourishing online community.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headAn upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-head sim game where you can breed your very own cats Kaylune, a virtual pet site Grophland.com : Breed virtual pets, Play, Explore
    VigLink badge
    Novilar

Find New Virtual Pet Sites, Sim Games or Role Playing games to Play.
    Help vpl reach 10k users by Promoting us - advertise on vpl
    : Virtual Pets Blog - The Admin Effect - Browser games

Voice 1: Greetings, once more. Virtualpetlist has returned to the web

Discussion in 'Updates And Feedback' started by electric_blue_kirby, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Voice 1:

Firstly, please pardon our digital dust. VPL is still, at the time of this writing, a bit in the works of being in full operating mode, as you can probably see.

Secondly, we're sorry to have left you all for so long! We loved VPL as much as anybody, and it wasn't pleasant for us to see its presence transformed to a void. That was not a preferred situation, but reality doesn't always bend to the whims of desires. We've restructured how we handle things in a greater effort to assure that such a scenario doesn't happen in the future.

Thirdly, welcome back, or welcome for the very first time! Whether you've been with us for years or just happened to find us today, we're happy to have you here all the same.

And finally, and perhaps a bit more personally, its just really nice to be back. VPL has never been and will never be perfect. It is run by imperfect humans making imperfect efforts to get as close to perfection as they are able. But even though it may be flawed, it has still been a very pleasant community. VPL has largely managed to allow for open dialogue without the need to use bans or suspensions to maintain the status quo, and yet has maintained a fully operational community regardless. The community isn't perfect either, of course. It is likewise composed universally of imperfect humans. But just as I and others try our best to make the VPL experience as great as we can, it is readily visible to any observer that the vast majority of those amongst the pet site community operate in the same good intentions. Its a large part of what draws me to the community, and I suspect that to be true for many others as well.

So here's my pledge: So long as there remain people wanting a friendly and open community, I will endeavor to provide it to them as best as I am able. It's a pledge I'm sure any other VPL staff member would agree with.

There you have it. Our sincerest apology, our welcome and a mission statement. I can only hope you all like VPL as much as we like operating it for you.

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

Welcome back everyone! :) Be sure to tell your friends that we're back!

3. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

Wow, that's pretty awesome C:
    I just got the idea to type in "VPL" to see what would happen and what do you know, the site is back! Pretty funny I found it today too XD
    I had really lost hope that VPL would ever come back

4. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

Voice 1:

What, us vanish permanently?

Seriously though, I'm glad that you others are already noticing the return. Hopefully you'll enjoy your time here and even more people will return with time, along with new faces as well.

5. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

A lot of people were hoping you guys wouldn't come back, lol
    Though here you guys are!
    Not sure if I am happy or upset, but I am nervous.. I will be honest.
    What made you guys change your mind?
    And what with your original downfall, it sparked many other VP forums to come into existence, seems like now you just have more competition.
    Though let's try not to make the same mistakes in the past, shall we?

6. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

I was just looking for this site a couple of days ago and couldn't find any news about it. It was the first virtual pet community I was a part of, so I for one am glad it is back online! ^.^

7. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

@WarriorWarrior...Yes, this was the first one, I didn't even know about others, until atleast 2 months later xD. *was computer retarded

#7 Ajax, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  8. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

Voice 1:

@MrPrinceMrPrince
    We never intended for the site to go down, or stay down.

#8 electric_blue_kirby, Jan 22, 2011
  9. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

lulz In a way, I'm still quite glad that I kept the bookmark for VPL.
    Welcome back guys!

10. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

@jakdacrowejakdacrowe
    Indeed.
    How's everything been going for you? Welcome back!

#10 cpvr, Jan 25, 2011
  11. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

yay to see this back. Even thou I was never actively posting, I was a stalker here. :p

12. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

I was quite sad when I realized VPL had disappeared. Nice to know we weren't abandoned forever! :p Haha.

Hopefully I'll be making some art soon to see if there's any interest.

13. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

I'll admit that even though I was just a lurker I was sad to see this place go. I'm glad it's back (and that I'm not lurking anymore)

14. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

It's nice to know others lurk too. :p

15. Re: Voice 1: Greetings, once more.

[@KatsutosKatsutos
    What made you lurk? ;)

#15 cpvr, Feb 8, 2011
  16. I knew you guys would come back! Lurking in other VP forums don't feel the same as stalking threads and posting here on good ol' VPL. <3

17. There can never be a VPL replacement. :)

18. You made me lurk. You promised me lotsa goodies didn't you? :p Just kidding. I used to read the forums here. But lately I just can't seems to be on forums much. Needs too much time...

19. We will officially be back for two years tomorrow. :babytiny1:

20. I can't believe its been 3 years now since we came back online. It still feels like yesterday.

• Like Like x 1