Welcome to Virtual Pet List

Would you like to become a member of the largest and most successful virtual pets & sim games community on the internet today? We've been opened since 2011 and we're getting very close to having over 9,000 members .who are fans of pet games and sims just like you are. So if playing a pet site or a sim game interests you, then we'd love to have you become a member of our flourishing online community.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headAn upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-head sim game where you can breed your very own cats Kaylune, a virtual pet site Grophland.com : Breed virtual pets, Play, Explore
    VigLink badge
    Novilar

Find New Virtual Pet Sites, Sim Games or Role Playing games to Play.
    Help vpl reach 10k users by Promoting us - advertise on vpl
    : Virtual Pets Blog - The Admin Effect - Browser games

Voice 1: When given the option, what gender character do you pick?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by electric_blue_kirby, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Voice 1:

I recently read an interesting article on this matter, but their sample size was small and only questionably random. I don't know that this thread might actually address either of those issues, but it should at least be able to get more opinion. When you create a character (and of course, have a choice), do you pick a gender that matches up with your own? And why?

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. I generally choose males. I've never been completely sure why; it's probably got a lot to do with the fact that I love myself some cute videogame dudes, but it's also got a lot to do with the fact that I grew up with girl characters who were generally only very girly. I don't want to be a girly girl when I play. I'm not a girly girl in real life and I don't want to be one on the net or in games. I think I feel more of a personal connection with the guy characters, they're more real to me. I don't like running around in a skimpy outfit with a high-pitched voice and some... dumb flail weapon or something.

Of course, if a badass girl character is presented to me, or a girl character who is otherwise awesome and not the typical girly girl (Samus! Miria (From TGL, not Fallout 2)! Woo!), I might choose her. I guess it just depends.

3. I think it depends if I want to go with a character, and if so what their gender will be.

But normally I go with female because... I'm female. I always found it odd having a guy for a character, even if it was just for... whatever.​

4. There's really no solid way to answer this. It depends on both the game, and how I'm feeling at the time. If I want to represent myself I will often choose female, but a lot of the time I model avatars after my original characters, many of which are male.

5. I usually go for females. I just find it nice for female avatars to own monsters or dominate in PVP. :D Though if it's a dancing game or something, I'll choose male.

6. If it's for human avatars, then I always choose female.

If it's for roleplaying, then I'm quite mixed. I wouldn't mind to play as a male.

7. I always pick male over anything.

8. Generally it depends on the game but I do usually pick female.

9. Usually I pick male, but there are a few times where I chosen female. I did it for something different, everyone was using guys and I didn't want to be like them.

10. I've changed my tastes today. XD On MMOs, I now pick whichever avatar looks the most awesome. A sexy or cute woman or a bad-ass man? Harharhar~

11. I am girl. I pick girl. /derp
    And when it comes to pets/companions, I'm always wishing for guys. lulz

I dunno.
    I find it funny when a small-ish girl character beating the living crap out of monsters and enemies alike. xD

#11 jakdacrowe, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  12. I usually pick female characters because I tend to weave a story around them based on my own life. I tend to get super attached to them that way, but I'm okay with that. :)

13. With Human Avatars, I seem to always get girls, now that I think about it... (I can make her look however I want~!) Otherwise, almost always male. A lot of the time I don't like how the female characters look >_>

14. Depends on the game. Usually when I play Pokemon, I chose a girl, and then the second time through (on a diff. game) I choose a guy (however if the character is ridiculous enough, I'll chose the better looking XD). For DragonQuest IX I started as a guy because I thought they looked better (my main team is three guys and this girl). In the end, it depends on if I want to play as that character or not. :p

15. I was they had a "neither gender option" for those that don't feel like picking between male and female. Sounds interesting, right?

16. I mostly play as girls when given the option. Second play throughs I sometimes choose male though! Depends! I'm really not into playing really muscular male characters with huge arms. If the girls are too... Sexist then I don't choose them at all. I mean, most are, but there is a limit!

17. I'm female and I'll pretty much always pick a male character, unless the male option for a race/class are ugly and the females are less offensive to my sensibilities. When I play sims I make all male ones because I can make them all hot. But, for example, I made a female enutrof in Dofus because the male ones have a giant beard and look like unwashed gold miners, while the female ones look more like fun energetic grannies who bake apple pies. And I had a female tauren and dwarf in WoW to go along with my male blood elf and troll. That female dwarf was the only avatar I've ever made in a game that actually looked like me; I'm a BBW with a low alto voice, and it seems rare to see female avatars that have an option to be anything other than skinny girly-girls with high-pitched voices.