Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

VPL t-shirts?

Discussion in 'Updates And Feedback' started by cpvr, Jun 2, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I've been pondering with this idea for a while, and I think it would be a pretty cool idea - having t-shirts made either with our site's mascot, logo, or other pets to be used to help us promote this place.

If we were to get t-shirts made, what do you think should be included on them? Also, what colors do you think would be best? And also, how much would you be willing to pay for a VPL t-shirt?

Just an idea that I'm thinking about, and I'm willing to invest some money into VPL t-shirts if we could make it happen!

What does everyone think?
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Panda!

Panda! Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

3. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

That would be a totally awesome idea. YOU ARE FEEDING MY ADDICTION FOR T-SHIRTS MY GOOD SIR >:U.

Most shirts I've seen go for $15 - $20 if they are shirts like the ones Panda! posted above, on sites like Threadless. Some do go for higher but the money made form those go to charities and such.

Personally, I normally shop when there are sales but at most I'd be willing to pay $20 + shipping for a shirt, depending on how it looked though (but knowing me, I'd probably end up buying one anyway, THE ADDICTION TO LE SHIRTS MUST BE FED x__x)
  4. Pepper-Head

Pepper-Head You've cat to be kitten mew right meow. Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Member

I think it would be better if we could choose our own shirt colors c':

Like the mascot with a white outline and maybe some design, and you can choose red shirt, blue shirt, black shirt, etc (like on Zazzle.com).
    But honestly I think I might want a different pose with the mascot x'D I love this one and all, but I want some fresh looks!
  5. que

que Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

10/10 would buy again.
  6. TheBernMan

TheBernMan VPL Supporter VPL Supporter

Zazzle.com for sure... you can pick what you want. different designs, colors, etc.
  7. cpvr

Ya, that would be one of the options - if we're able to choose our own shirt colors. I know I like wearing red, black, and white t-shirts. Does anyone know how much of a Cut, Zazzle takes? Like I know cafepress takes a lot, so we wouldn't go there. And if its cheaper to get T-shirts made, and sent out, we'll do that as well.

I have a wide variety of t-shirts as well, so I feel your addiction. I feel that I can't ever have enough t-shirts!
  8. vanillaeclair

vanillaeclair New Member VPL Member

If you do, it would be added to my list of things to buy once I get a job and a credit card.
  9. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Moderator Programming Moderator Senior Programmer Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

I would buy one.
  10. Pepper-Head

Pepper-Head You've cat to be kitten mew right meow. Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Member

@cpvr
    It says you set your own royalty.
    And I could also get VPL keychains or stickers! Wew~ (although I could make them myself x'D I'd want to support VPL)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    cpvr likes this.
  11. cpvr

And ahh, that's good then.
    If you could make them, and get them up, we could possibly do some things!
    I'm all for that, let's get some merchandise! :biggrin::biggrin:
  12. Spizzled

Spizzled Member VPL Member

I think it's a good idea! =)

How about have a competition for users to create a t-shirt design, winners design gets made and they get a free t-shirt with the design once they get made?
    Just a suggestion =P

I'd still buy one either way =P
  13. santamynana

santamynana Retired Moderato Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

14. Pepper-Head

@cpvr
    They have all sorts of different things to choose from. Mugs, bags, hats, sweatshirts, hoodies, buttons, bumper stickers, cards... you name it x'D

Looking into it, the best royalties to use are no more than 20%, and definitely no more than 50%. (They also have a lot of deals for buyers :)) If that's okay with you, then I'd suggest Zazzle C: (I just made buttons on there and sent them to my house! <3 Got 25% off and free shipping! Plus they're pretty cheap!)

But I would also suggest a contest or something for some new designs :3 There doesn't have to be just 1 winner!
  15. cpvr

Woot, I'll have to look into that, I think that would be better than us having our own store, and having users pay via paypal, then we have to ship it.
    Thanks!
  16. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

17. Organic

Organic VPL Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

I'm kinda selective about t-shirt quality. Most of the places you can have tshirts made for relatively cheaply I'm not fond of the quality. I'm trying to think if I would wear a VPL t-shirt or not though. I suppose I think it it would be cool but my husband brutally razzes me about my petsite addictions and I have a feeling friends would too lol.

Well internal conflict aside I'd willing to spend up to 20 dollars for a t-shirt IF I decided to want one but definitely wouldn't spend more than that. It would have to be a nice quality tshirt for that price though.

How about bumper stickers or keychains? I'd be more apt to use a bumper sticker because I won't be able to see the people laughing at me lol and because it would get more exposure and also be cheaper :)
  18. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

Smart business move, but I just don't think I would wear a VPL shirt. Granted, I have wayy too many shirts right now.. :x

I'd lean more towards a VPL gaming skin for like the xbox or Nintendo Wii or whatever. Bumper stickers are cool, but you know I wouldn't use mine. :X Maybe for something else though, I will give you that possibility..

Keychains, a definite. Mugs? I don't wear hats but maybe a scarf or towel blanket. You can let me know if I'm getting too crazy for you xD
    Uhh.. Oh!!! Pens? Pencils? Erasers? How about sunglasses (you can get VPL etched on the side, obviously not on the lens.
    Umbrella, electronic cases, handbags, backpacks.

I would SO get a VPL backpack. I need a new one anyway...

Wallet? :p
  19. cpvr

What I'm thinking now is that we start off small, either with t-shirts, keychains, or bumper stickers. It all depends on whichever one we get done first, and see where that goes.
  20. cpvr

If anyone wants to help us with getting this project off the ground. Please do let us know. If you can design one for us or want to help us out, please do. We should really see what we can do with this idea.;)