Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Webcam, FaceTime, Video Chat.. Do you use them?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabby, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

I only webcam with my fiance nowadays, but every so often I webcam with my friend across the country. It's fun. A nice change from IMing, too. :p

What about you? Do you IM more than webcam? Are you more outgoing or withdrawn on the cam? How about FaceTime?
  2. Drksoulgambler

Drksoulgambler Member VPL Member

I only webcam with my boyfriend sometimes when he is not too busy. XD An online friend I know for almost 2 years and we both webcam often. We sometimes communicate through American Sign Language with some simple words I taught him how to sign. ^^
  3. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I normally video call friends I know in real life :D

I never webcam someone I know in the internet XD Not because they're strangers, I know the people here are awesome <3 It's because my english speaking totally SUCKS... My mothertongue is Mandarin >~<
  4. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I don't use any of them. I don't like showing my face!:eek: Well, not really, I don't like how my voice sounds on voice services.
  5. Gabby

That's epic!! I wish I knew ASL :O I'd love to communicate with you through it, if only I knew it..

Yea :) I know what you mean about the friends in RL thing. I have to get really comfortable too. & I can't imagine how hard that must be on webcam, trying to constantly remember how English speakers talk and everything. I'm that way with Spanish

Oh shh, your face and voice is fine. Give yourself a break, don't be so critical. :p
    bamboo123 likes this.
  6. cpvr

Meep, I don't have a microphone either so it would be hard to have a video chat. I hate talking on the phone and video chat would fall in the same category as talking on the phone for me. I haven't even used Facetime on my iPhone yet. *hides*
  7. Gabby

I haven't used it on my iPod or my iPad *shrugs*

I have used Skype on my iPod, however
  8. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

no because i hate how i look and how my voice sounds
    i dont want to subject people to my ugly
  9. cpvr

I'd prefer talking on the phone lmao. I have a deep voice and with my accent, its hard for people to understand what I'm trying to say sometimes.
  10. Gabby

I'd be able to understand it
  11. cpvr

I bet because you're from the east coast as well. I just don't like showing off especially in cams or anything. I haven't even tried Google Hangouts yet. I talked on the phone earlier with one of my friends from Hawaii for like an Hour. He called me from a Google Voice number, he was giving me updates on what's going on with his wife. She was manic and fled to Africa, but he said she should be coming home soon. So, I'm happy for him.
  12. kat

kat Member VPL Member

I use webcam to chat my brother.
  13. cpvr

Facetime on your phone

Does anyone else here on facetime installed on their phone? Do you use it often? I only use it my girlfriend is away and she wants to facetime for a little while. I think it's a cool feature to have on the phone though.

So, do you use facetime often or not really?
  14. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 New Member VPL Member

I do use them with close friends and family but I usually talk on the phone or text the majority of the time. I just don't like to be on video because I usually multi- task and then the person on the other end is talking to a wall or to my hair because I am looking down since I am writing something (haha).
  15. cpvr

I admit, Facetime is really nice to use if your significant other is away and you're trying to see their face or something. I still prefer talking on the phone or texting though.