1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

What are you currently working on now?

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets Chat' started by GGitzOle, Jun 3, 2011.

1. GGitzOle

GGitzOle Guest

Reputations:
    Whether it be programming some script, drawing a new pet or simply doing some user administration, post what you're currently working on :D (Has to be Virtual Pet related :p).

I'm actually not programming right now XD But the next thing I'll be working on is a script for Aywas to data mine their pet colours.

2. BigThinker

BigThinker Supporter VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    I am searching for an artist, AGAIN! I am talking to a professional now but I feel he won't be a good fit with my company, sooooo, I am on the hunt again. *Smacks forehead* This sucks. lol :)

3. Michael

Michael New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm working currently on getting a clock up, seo and allowing for non users to enter our boards!

4. Dart

Dart JRPG Fanatic VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    Modifying a MySQL query so that it only affected the pets it need to affect. Not doing so would have caused significant problems for AlleyPets.

5. Veo

Veo Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I just got done with more development on Celendria - fixed 5-6 bugs (YAY), and released THREE new forum avatars as seen above for our users to find. Only have a stockpile of 50 more to release. X_x

Regardless, you know you have a good day, when, as a programmer, you can chug out content AND bug/glitch fixes. :D

6. Tyler

Tyler Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner

Reputations:
    I'm currently chatting with some of Kaylune's staff and updating pages on Kaylune. <3

7. Ilasa

Ilasa New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I am working on the ability to choose an active pet / browse them without leaving the page. I got it to work, just now got to work on the saving into db.

oh, and add where it to actualy move across the page.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  8. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    What keywords are you looking to rank for?

9. Hituro

Hituro Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    I've just been adding javascript countdown timers to some of the item collection quests on grophland.com showing how long you have to hand in the quest, or until you can get the next quest (e.g. here).

But I should have been drawing some new flowers, for the upcomming plant-hybridization feature. Maybe tomorrow ...

10. Sulley

Sulley Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm working on a map, just for something to doodle. ..Just because.

11. happyDemon

happyDemon Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    working on an item engine, what a pain adding item action conditions XD but it'll be worth it once It's done :D

12. Thaddeusgrey

Thaddeusgrey Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm working on some items for an upcoming pet site (hasn't launched yet) and a commission for a friend. More private projects are just some writing and graphics for an mmorpg I hope to launch someday 8)

13. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Could you tell us anything about this new upcoming pet site? Any information or name announced for it?

14. Thaddeusgrey

Thaddeusgrey Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Sorry, I haven't been told the name--I'm not sure it has one yet!
    I'd rather not divulge any specific information, since I don't have permission from the owner to do so, but the overall idea sounds very interesting to me, and unique from what I've seen other pet sites doing. It involves a lot of variety of ideas, in fact seems to revolve around variety and gives a lot of freedom of creativity to the artists involved. Its theme is set up to allow for a lot of free-reigning, I think.
    If you like I can ask the owner to let me get more into specifics, but at this time I'm afraid that's all I can say 8)

15. GGitzOle

GGitzOle Guest

Reputations:
    An ajax shoutbox that is using Memcache :p

16. happyDemon

Reputations:
    breaking a sweat over trades, optimizing the database took some hard work, only need to finish the search and I'm done.
    I'm quite proud of myself, managed to make to actual trades table have 3 columns and the trade offers table aswel, while keeping it flexible :D

17. GGitzOle

GGitzOle Guest

Reputations:
    Nice :p I always leave the trading system til last XP

I'm currently working on some window issues with javascript :p

18. happyDemon

Reputations:
    fun fun fun XD gotta love javascript and its kinks :D

19. GGitzOle

GGitzOle Guest

Reputations:
    xP yeah, it took me like 3 hours to finally get it all working, but now that it is, it was worth it :D

Working on Create A Pet right now. Just redoing some of the things to make it more easier to navigate/understand.

20. Icy

Icy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Working on the pet system for Kaylune, and fixin' bugs for Dragon Nest. Fun.

Icy