Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

What are you currently working on now?

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets' started by GGitzOle, Jun 3, 2011.

1. GGitzOle

GGitzOle Guest

Whether it be programming some script, drawing a new pet or simply doing some user administration, post what you're currently working on :D (Has to be Virtual Pet related :p).

I'm actually not programming right now XD But the next thing I'll be working on is a script for Aywas to data mine their pet colours.
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. BigThinker

BigThinker VPL Supporter VPL Supporter

I am searching for an artist, AGAIN! I am talking to a professional now but I feel he won't be a good fit with my company, sooooo, I am on the hunt again. *Smacks forehead* This sucks. lol :)
  3. Michael

Michael New Member VPL Member

I'm working currently on getting a clock up, seo and allowing for non users to enter our boards!
  4. Dart

Dart JRPG Fanatic VPL Supporter VPL Member

Modifying a MySQL query so that it only affected the pets it need to affect. Not doing so would have caused significant problems for AlleyPets.
  5. Veo

Veo Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I just got done with more development on Celendria - fixed 5-6 bugs (YAY), and released THREE new forum avatars as seen above for our users to find. Only have a stockpile of 50 more to release. X_x

Regardless, you know you have a good day, when, as a programmer, you can chug out content AND bug/glitch fixes. :D
  6. Tyler

Tyler Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner

I'm currently chatting with some of Kaylune's staff and updating pages on Kaylune. <3
  7. Ilasa

Ilasa New Member VPL Member

I am working on the ability to choose an active pet / browse them without leaving the page. I got it to work, just now got to work on the saving into db.

oh, and add where it to actualy move across the page.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  8. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

What keywords are you looking to rank for?
  9. Hituro

Hituro VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

I've just been adding javascript countdown timers to some of the item collection quests on grophland.com showing how long you have to hand in the quest, or until you can get the next quest (e.g. here).

But I should have been drawing some new flowers, for the upcomming plant-hybridization feature. Maybe tomorrow ...
  10. Sulley

Sulley Member VPL Member

I'm working on a map, just for something to doodle. ..Just because.
  11. happyDemon

happyDemon Member VPL Member

working on an item engine, what a pain adding item action conditions XD but it'll be worth it once It's done :D
  12. Thaddeusgrey

Thaddeusgrey Member VPL Member

I'm working on some items for an upcoming pet site (hasn't launched yet) and a commission for a friend. More private projects are just some writing and graphics for an mmorpg I hope to launch someday 8)
  13. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Could you tell us anything about this new upcoming pet site? Any information or name announced for it?
  14. Thaddeusgrey

Thaddeusgrey Member VPL Member

Sorry, I haven't been told the name--I'm not sure it has one yet!
    I'd rather not divulge any specific information, since I don't have permission from the owner to do so, but the overall idea sounds very interesting to me, and unique from what I've seen other pet sites doing. It involves a lot of variety of ideas, in fact seems to revolve around variety and gives a lot of freedom of creativity to the artists involved. Its theme is set up to allow for a lot of free-reigning, I think.
    If you like I can ask the owner to let me get more into specifics, but at this time I'm afraid that's all I can say 8)
  15. GGitzOle

GGitzOle Guest

An ajax shoutbox that is using Memcache :p
  16. happyDemon

breaking a sweat over trades, optimizing the database took some hard work, only need to finish the search and I'm done.
    I'm quite proud of myself, managed to make to actual trades table have 3 columns and the trade offers table aswel, while keeping it flexible :D
  17. GGitzOle

GGitzOle Guest

Nice :p I always leave the trading system til last XP

I'm currently working on some window issues with javascript :p
  18. happyDemon

fun fun fun XD gotta love javascript and its kinks :D
  19. GGitzOle

GGitzOle Guest

xP yeah, it took me like 3 hours to finally get it all working, but now that it is, it was worth it :D

Working on Create A Pet right now. Just redoing some of the things to make it more easier to navigate/understand.
  20. Icy

Icy Member VPL Member

Working on the pet system for Kaylune, and fixin' bugs for Dragon Nest. Fun.

Icy