1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

What's Your Daily Activity

Discussion in 'Health' started by Ajax, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? Moderator VPL Staff Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    They say we need a certain amount a day, what's yours? I'm not going to lie, I haven't had good exercise let alone activity in about 2 month's ... :shamed:

2. Arccy

Arccy Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Besides my 9 to 12 hours of sleep I would have to say working on artwork. I usually always spend about 2-3 hours working on artwork a day, however, its not always the same thing. One day i feel like painting, then the other i feel like doing pastel work and it goes on from there.

3. Myztacia

Myztacia Web Dev VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    Minimum of an hour a day...I usually try to go for 1.5 hours of walking every day, then a couple strenuous activities through-out the week :)

I do get my lazy bouts (especially when I'm sick!), which is when I'll probably drop down to a half hour or so of walking...but I never completely skip out on it.

4. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    being a waste of space is the main one but sometimes i draw while being a waste of space too

5. StarRot

StarRot ヽ(*・ω・)ノ VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    Usually: 4 hours of exercise a day and 3-4 hours of drawing/painting a day.

6. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    I try to get in 35 to 50 minutes of cardio every other day or so on the Elliptical. I have a gym membership at 24 hour fitness. I also do weights, sit in the hot tub, swim, and sit in the sauna.

Here's the elliptical:
    [​IMG]

That happens to me as well. I missed about two days of the gym last week because of being sick =X

7. Beedle

Beedle New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Lately everyday for a month I've done a bit of construction on our house. Stripping down walls, putting up drywall, patching, sanding, painting, etc. I'd say it's a good "activity." Our next project is working on the porch, fixing the insulation, putting down new boards and then.. installing new flooring. :- )

When it gets cooler our daily activity would switch to working outdoors. Cutting wood, stacking, chainsaws! getting ready for the winter.

Weekdays (during work hours I work in an office) I spend about 30 minutes walking to lunch and back, I also take the stairs instead of the elevator... and probably 30 minutes running around the office. Then after work, more renos on the home.

Leisure activities I would consider my work (web design, graphics, web content updating, etc.) and working on side RPG gaming projects or playing DS. And reading. :- )

8. Gabby

Gabby Active Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    Neither have I, except in less. Sadly it's common in America :( Though I'd really prefer to exercise

xD Well, practice makes perfect I suppose.. :) Glad you draw! You have a lot of talent

Walking is a great way to exercise. Personally, I prefer it.

Lol xD Well, at least you draw.. :) It's good to draw. Stress relieving.. :)

What type of exercise do you do?

I'm so afraid of weights >_> It's not even funny. I'm always scared I'm going to get crushed under them.
    Well, at least you're feeling better.. :)

9. StarRot

StarRot ヽ(*・ω・)ノ VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    @Gabby Walking, cardio, some weights ... stuff like that. It's lots of fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  10. Gabby

Reputations:
    Construction is a big deal! I would have to say. My family remodelled our house a few years ago and it took some time. My dad and mom also did most of the brute labor in the house which was a lot of physical work also. Some of the things we didn't do while other things we did. (ie my dad ran the wiring throughout the house which was inspected and hooked up by an electrician).

Do you live out in the country? I live in suburban New York so I'm alienated from cutting wood, stacking, and chainsaws xD

You do some side RPG gaming projects, really? You should post them around here..:) We might be a virtual pet list but we sure do love hearing about miscellaneous projects. Sometimes it's refreshing to jump out of perspective and out of the norm. What types of books do you read? :)

11. cpvr

Reputations:
    @Gabby You start off with small weights and work your weight up. Such as doing 5 pound weights and do 40 reps of it. Its how I started off and now on some machines, I push about 150 to 165 pounds and do 40 reps of it. My strength is something I don't play around with. I like being strong. ^.^

12. Beedle

Reputations:
    Gabby ,

Yes, construction is a lot more work than I thought it would be, but it's way worth it when you can look at your home everyday and know that you helped make it look that way. Our home was a bit of a wrek when we bought it, the previous owners were something like hoarders. But it's such a beautiful property and we just fell in love with it. It's very secluded and surrounded by bush. Yes, I do live in the countryside. I love the peacefulness and just hearing the birds sing outside. :- )

Yea. I think I will share my project(s) sometime soon. Thank you. :- )

13. Myztacia

Reputations:
    @cpvr I'm really shy when it comes to gyms. I have super bad anxiety which I can mostly control, but gyms are one place I've never been able to get over it at. I went with the husband a few times to the gym because we were going to work out together, but I just couldn't do it...I ended up bawling my eyes out in the lockerroom until I could get myself back under control. Once I decided I wasn't going to work out, the panic quickly lifted. So I sat and watched him instead...which was kind of entertaining in itself :p

I bought my own ellipitcal (ugh, like $750 for that x.x) in...April? And I've used it quite a bit. To me, it was worth the investment....but it's also about the only thing I would use at a gym, so it's not like I'm missing out on other equipment (I do like weight machines, but meh, free weights work for me, too).

I miss having people to do cardio with (I'm quite competitive with it, haha), but it's still better than the panic attacks!

14. Myztacia

Reputations:
    Whoa, in typing my responses to this and a few other topics, this topic really blew up! ha!
    @Beedle pics of construction? :D Before, during, and after are always fun to look at. That's so exciting!! :D

15. cpvr

Reputations:
    @Myztacia I wish I could have one in my house as well, one machine that I tried to buy a year ago that's better than that - in terms of losing and keeping the weight off is the Treadclimber by Boxflex.
    http://www.treadclimber.com/bowflex_treadclimber_us/homepage.jsp

My credit was too bad so I couldn't get it. I understand your anxiety about the gym. Sometimes I look around and see other people are skinnier than me or more "stronger" in terms of their muscles showing and i'm like, damn i still have a lot more work to do. It makes me want to work out harder especially when I'm around people. I do cardio and weights all by myself because music motivates me to keep going. I don't usually mess with free weights currently because I'm building up my strength using the weight machines and in about a month I'll switch to doing free weights as well.

Ya, I agree with you. Usually when my girlfriend goes to the gym with me she gets on the machine next to me and does it for 15 minutes. I'm like "Well, there goes my motivation of working out with her", then i go into my own mode. Do you track your heart rate as well on your Ellipitical? I'd recommend getting it to 130-150 while you're doing it because you burn more calories when your heart-rate is in the fat/cardio burning mode. I'll admit when the gym I went to had the Treadclimber years ago I dropped 60 pounds in two months with it. They don't have commercial products anymore so its not located in the gyms. It was my favorite cardio machine though, but I'll stick with the Ellipitcal for now on.

16. Myztacia

Reputations:
    @cpvr That looks like an amazing machine!

My anxiety with the gym doesn't have to do with self confidence really...it's linked to people and vulnerability, and I feel super vulnerable in gyms. I also have problems with sleeping because of it (can't sleep on my back, it's tough for me to actually fall asleep, if I hear noise while I'm sleeping I'll be out of my bed and running for an exit before I'm even awake). It gets pretty intense. I've seen psyches about it, but all have come to the conclusion that it was something that happened and I chose to forget it. *shrugs* I'd rather not remember it anyway if it was that bad.

I can live my life pretty much the way I want to, so I'm not really worried about trying to "fix" my problem. It's manageable, and who needs to be perfect? :)

17. cpvr

Reputations:
    @Myztacia I know what you mean. My back is always giving me issues so I always sleep on my sides. If I sleep on my left side, my nose clogs up but if I sleep on my right side, my nose is fine for the night thats by the fan. Ya, nobody needs to be perfect because there's no such thing is there? =D

I agree on that front. Have you always had those vulnerabilities in regards to the gym? Ya, that machine is a beast. I miss it so much. =/

18. Beedle

Reputations:
    @Myztacia :

[​IMG]
    Newly painted walls. They used to be this old wood paneling stuff that I hate. Hah.
    [​IMG]
    Drywall near the back entrance before it was painted (old door will be replaced).
    [​IMG]
    An old shower (the photo is sideways, hah).. it was in our kitchen (haha), but we removed it. It was very gross.
    [​IMG]
    Random view from the kitchen. :- )
    [​IMG]
    A "before" shot of the flooring we are replacing. Kind of good that we had it there before we did the painting. It's mostly covered in paint now.

:- )

Myztacia and cpvr like this.
  19. Myztacia

Reputations:
    @Beedle thanks for sharing! WOW :D

20. Gabby

Reputations:
    I know how weights work :laugh: I just don't like them. They frighten me is all. I always do something wrong when I work out so I don't want to push my luck.

Thank you so much for sharing that tidbit and the pictures :) You have done a beautiful job on the house and I can tell you're very passionate about your lifestyle. I think that's a great thing to have. The peacefulness and birds singing outside must be lovely. I don't blame you for being so admonishing over your homestead :) You sound like you have a great set up - when can I visit? xD Hahahaha.. but no seriously.

You really should :) I'm currently learning how to code and I plan to use most of what I learn out on an old traditional HTML & CSS game I have written up. I want to make it less static and more dynamic. I plan on posting the progress and different things on VPL - I'd love to have some company being both our projects are RPG's.