1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

What's your memory like?

Discussion in 'Health' started by cpvr, Jan 22, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    I know I sometimes have a bad memory and can't remember what I said, but I think that's probably because of some things that happened to me in the past, which effected some of my short term memory.

But I can remember some things in the past especially along time ago.

But, what's your memory like? Do you have a tough time remembering things?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  2. diaz

diaz Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I have an extremely good memory of things that happened a long time ago, such as I may remember my Kindergarten graduation (wow that is a long time ago) compared to something I ate yesterday XD

Wow cpvr, we are memory twins >W>

3. electric_blue_kirby

electric_blue_kirby Co-Owner Former VPL Staff

Reputations:
    Voice 1:

Not the greatest. Absentmindedness and forgetfulness seem to be strong suits of mine. It can be rather vexing thinking of something important and then hopelessly trying to remember it just a few moments later.

4. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? VPL Staff Moderator Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Gosh, I have been having a horrible memory lol. I can remember all of the answers to a test, but I can never remember to tell my mom who called, like 15 minutes ago lol.

5. Patrick

Patrick Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner

Reputations:
    Things that I want to remember, I'll remember forever. Things I don't want to remember, I'll forget instantly :(

6. Tyler

Tyler Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner

Reputations:
    I pretty much have the same memory as Patrick. XD
    I have a decent memory, but I forget small things easily. =3

7. techstant

techstant New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    If college has taught me anything ... it's that I'm capable of memorizing a plethora of information for about an hour.

Beyond that ... well, I can't remember.

8. Monster

Monster New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I have short-term memory lost, or that's what my family says.

But I am able to remember random little bits of detail/conversations and things in the past if I get a prompt or something, like if you say "bus" I know that one 410 bus. o-o And nothing else. I usually keep saying "oh remember when-!" For school I'm not worried if I forget anything at the moment.. I'll always remember something if I can just trace back to the subject ^o^ But yeah there are some times when I just fail to remember something. Usually a word or a phrase.

9. -Ro-

-Ro- Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I have the crappiest memory ever xD

I just forget details almost as soon as they happen, i want to be able to remember things but its not easy at all.

10. Gabby

Gabby Active Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    I have really good memory. :c I'm blessed to say I remember things easily and for a very long time.

For instance, I remember distinct things from my childhood. I remember when I was four. I remember when I was ten. I remember when I was twelve.

It's good but sometimes I remember things I want to forget. It can seriously hurt sometimes.

11. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

Reputations:
    I have a good memory. I tend to remember most things, somethings in very good detail. I think I have more of a photographic memory.

12. Gabby

Reputations:
    I have the same exact thing. o_O; Weird. Isn't it inconvenient when you want to forget something but can't? -_- I don't mean negative, I mean useless information that confuses other situations thanks to deja vu.

13. Evolution

Reputations:
    Yer I wish that on one thing especially. :p

14. cpvr

Reputations:
    My memory is only good sometimes. Those ECT treatments I took a long time ago for my Bipolar really screwed with my short term memory, but its getting better.:style

Gabby likes this.
  15. Evolution

Reputations:
    That is good to hear, small steps lead to big completions. :D

16. cpvr

Reputations:
    Yup. It was only supposed to be short-term, but it turned into long-term effects because of how many ECT treatments I had to go through.

17. Gabby

Reputations:
    Yeah, that is a very common side effect of ECTs. It has been that way for years.

You do eventually start to gain your memory back, but if anything freaky goes wrong, do tell your doctor. ECTs are certainly not perfect..

cpvr likes this.
  18. cpvr

Reputations:
    Ya, you're right. My memory has slowly been getting better though, so I'm content with my memory currently. I didn't think it would have long term effects though, I'm just glad I've been healthy and haven't had to get those done on me again.