1. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog
    Want to advertise here? Contact cpvr.

When did you learn how to ride a bicycle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jul 10, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder
    Administrator

Reputations:
    For those that were taught young on how to ride a bicycle, what age did you learn at? Did you have a lot of bumpy roads? I know when I learned I was probably 8 or 9, and I loved the mountain bikes growing up because I was tall. I didn't really have any major falls off the bicycle though. I don't have one today, but I wish I had one.

So, if you've rode a bicycle before, did you find the learning experience to be fun? Do you have a bike today? If so, what kind?

And, if you're not sure how to ride a bicycle see this: http://www.wikihow.com/Ride-a-Bicycle

And see the top 5 reasons to ride a bicycle: http://bicycling.about.com/od/thebikelife/a/why_ride.htm

2. Lauren

Lauren Mrs. Bouncer
    VPL Member

Reputations:
    I've been riding for a little under a month now, and I LOVE it. It's a great way to get exercise :D

My dad's been a cyclist for years now, and we're currently watching Le Tour de France. Is anyone else?

3. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder
    Administrator

Reputations:
    I've been looking up to Lance Armstrong since I was younger. Who's currently winning it?

Gabby likes this.
  4. Nebula

Nebula Pet Game Owner
    Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    Been riding bikes since I could walk, so when I was around 1,5 years old. In the Netherlands it's very common to ride a bike, especially in big cities where it's easier to move around on two wheels instead of four. I started with a childrens trike than when I reached the age of 4 or 5 I got my own real bike. In the beginning my stepdad added two support wheels to the backwheel of my bike, one to each side. But as soon as I learned how to find my balance, they were taken off. As I got older and longer, so changed my bike from children sized to adult. Today I have a grandma's bike, as we like to call that type of bike in Holland. Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

It's nothing fancy, there is but one gear and to brake you peddle backwards. But it gets me around, and that's all that matters.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    Gabby likes this.
  5. Gabby

Gabby Inactive on VPL. PM me for off site contact
    Retired VPL Staff Intermediate Programmer VPL Member

Reputations:
    Amusing but worthwhile read xD

I've known how to ride for a long time, I just wish I still had a bike to ride at the moment x_x