Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

When You Know It's Time to Leave (my Subeta farewell)

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets' started by justkali, Jul 5, 2012.

1. justkali

justkali New Member VPL Member

So we all obviously love virtual pet sites or we wouldn't be here. In our lives, there will come that dreaded moment when you know it's time to leave a site.

I left Subeta tonight. I fell in love with the site about a year ago and have had so many incredible moments there. However, something happened recently that really did it for me. Upon applying for a cult (a cult is the equivalent to a guild if you did not know) and being accepted into it, I decided it was not the right cult for me. So, I decided to start my own cult and I posted a forum gathering interest. A few moments later, multiple members from that cult came to my forum flaming me and saying awful things about me as a person. One person even went as far as to say, "I'm glad someone like you didn't join, anyways. There is a thing called Google.. I know all about you and your kind." I had an inbox full of hate mails. Every person has a right to make their own decisions so the fact that they were harassing me because I had a mind of my own made me very angry. I began looking around and realized that the drama was everywhere and most of it came from this same group of people. So I decided that I was done with Subeta.

It's a shame when a few horrible people ruin an amazing website for you.

So, tell me your stories? What has made you leave virtual pet sites in the past?
  2. streakanime

streakanime New Member VPL Member

Awe, I am sorry to hear that Kali. :( I never really clicked in with Subeta anyway. I am really hoping to find some new places to call home with this forum though. I also really love finding more places to chat with you, haha. :drool: Not going to lie, I am like super addicted to these smiley faces... They are so cute!

I do not really have any stories with pet sites I've left. Nothing major anyway. The only site I have had bad experiences with is Neopets and I cannot bring myself to leave that one. They have not completely broken me yet. :p
  3. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

If you like a site very much, you shouldn't care what others say, I know how you must feel but did you report this at all to the staff members

I'm sure @Keith would have something to say on this matter,
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  4. justkali

I cannot seem to find any other pet sites that I click with, either. Then again, I really only have time for Neo anymore and that's fine with me. I think I am growing closer and closer to that site everyday. Can never leave.

How are you liking Leopets?
  5. streakanime

streakanime New Member VPL Member

I have pretty mixed feelings for Leopets. I wish they would remove links that do not work instead of making their layout look exactly like the "old" Neopets. It gets annoying to click links all the time that go to broken pages.

Seems like the community might be a little too tight knit. I also had someone who I know, but do not super care for get in the same time I did. She Leomails me a lot and talks to me on a regular basis. It kind of killed my interest in being social on the site. Which is sad because some of the people seemed really nice. Seems like they have a little trouble letting new people into the group though.
  6. justkali

For me, these people have made the site impossible to enjoy, which is sad. They ruined the site for me.
    And it isn't just them. I have learned that even though I made so many friends there, the bad people outweighed the good. Maybe I just wasn't finding the good people... but the drama is something I definitely don't need. And yes, they were reported.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  7. Joshua-

Joshua- New Member VPL Member

@justkali You didn't do anything wrong, those people got worked up over nothing. I would try contacting the cult leader and explaining the entire situation, and bringing up everyone who harassed you for leaving. I gotta say, this cult sounds like a real cult if they bash members for leaving.

Do your thing, enjoy yourself, use the ignore feature if you must. You shouldn't let a few silly people win by quitting, they did this to make you upset and it's working.
  8. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

@justkali I'm so sorry to hear that. I left Neopets a few years ago because they banned my account for no reason, so then, I got inspired and motivated to create this place. Did you ever report those messages to staff?
  9. Myztacia

Myztacia Web Dev Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

@justkali sounds like a horseland experience to me :( It happens a lot when sites get big...there will be a group of people that will try to ruin it for others, but the staff refuse to do anything beyond a slap on the wrist because those people are some of the big money spenders (and if they quit the game, a lot of people would follow). It's sad, but I've found it to be very true :(
  10. Sid12192

Sid12192 Member VPL Member

Try marapets! They have plenty of features to keep you going, even more than subeta
  11. CometTheMicroraptor

CometTheMicroraptor Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Ah, when Neopets first made all of their conversions. I was already getting tired of the site, but that kind of just set it in stone for me. When they changed all the art and I lost my hard work (which actually took years, btw) I kind of just... gave up on it. Subeta I played for a while but I couldn't really click with the pets to make characters, as much as I love the artwork. Then there's Anatheria, but I'm a bit miffed with how things are run so I'm a bit... disenchanted I guess, as a player and a staff member. :/

PetRPG and Kingdom Sky are seeming promising to me though, so I'd say try them out if you can. c:
  12. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Wow haha... Not haha as in funny but wow just irony and craziness.

This same thing happened to be on Subeta. I supported a cult that other cults didn't like. Was it the catty cheerleaders that attacked you? It's really horrendous. The community on Subeta is really horrendous. I remember asking Keith to do something but he didn't want to take away people freedom of speech lol. I played Subeta for soooooooooo many years and quit. I'm not happy to be a part of something so negative and something that is encouraged to be so negative.

Was the cult Chic by chance lol? They are about the worst of the worst.
  13. justkali

WOW. That really is ironic. And no.. the cult was Shameless. But I have seen Chic around, as well.
    The members in Shameless seem to think that the sun shines out of their ass and I just refused to let myself be a part of something full of people like that.
  14. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

@justkali

Well it seems like their cult name suits them well aye? Can I suggest you try a different petsite? I personally am involved in Kingdom Sky and like it a lot. If that isn't your cup of tea though I am also fond of the community on Icepets. Aywas is decent but they can be a bit catty at times also. Kingdom Sky is the only one I can think of that has STRONG rules about that kinda nonsense. Though some other petsites may not have rules some of them just have more respectful members. I kinda look at Subeta now as the bottoms lol. Like if you want straight up gangsta stuff I recommend subeta to people haha.
  15. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

@justkali @Love
    Imagine what kind of a life the members of those guilds must have. (I like to call them guilds, cults sounds too dark and weirdass to me.)
    Gabby likes this.
  16. DarkFlamer

DarkFlamer New Member VPL Member

Sorry to hear you had such a crummy experience...there are always greener pastures though! :)
  17. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I wonder why people act like that. "All mighty" basically. There's no reason to act like that especially on an online community. I'm sorry you experienced that though. Have you found a new site yet? ^^

Basically one without any authority?
  18. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Without a real life I suppose, let alone authority. I guess they try to compensate it virtually.
  19. Joshua-

Joshua- New Member VPL Member

No, they don't.
    Organic and Lauren like this.
  20. TheTeen

TheTeen Member VPL Member

Sorry to hear about your experience, but people on the internet are just cruel.:x

It reminds me of the guild I played in on the mmorpg, Grand Fantasia. We were quite literally the top guild on our server. No one could beat us in bosses, dungeons, or even the Guild Wars, and I was one of the original founders of the guild so it was quite nice. However the owner (my friend actually had paid for the guild himself but then passed leadership), got a bit arrogant thinking he was so pro because he was the leader of the top guild. He got nasty, and it got to the point that I could not skype with the group anymore because he would just be making fun of everyone on our server, including me I was later told by a friend. He had a few select """friends""" that seemed to always defend him in the guild when I called him out. So me and another friend got a good chunk of the better players and left the guild. That guild has since crumbled quite a bit :x