Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Who's watching E3? Chat here!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Michi, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Michi

Michi Beware: Insane Admin Administrator

http://www.g4tv.com/e3-2012/press-conferences/ea/132/

I'll keep updating the new livestream links for those without tv. Spike TV has the expo playing now as well.

So what you all think of the new games and more? See about the Smartglass for xbox? Or what about the Halo 4 preview? Who saw the RE6 one too? It all looks amazing!!!
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  2. Haseshi

Haseshi Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Another dance game and another shooting game. Again. :(
  3. Michi

Shooting games are fun. *dies over the tomb raider*

Plus wait until tomorrow for the WiiU stuff. ^^
  4. Haseshi

Haseshi Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I din't like the Wii D:

* hides in a box*
  5. Michi

Well its suppose to be different. EA is starting in about an hour, so let's see what they are bringing.
  6. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

shoutout to microsoft for embarrassing themselves and everyone around them without even trying
  7. whisperingspirit

whisperingspirit Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

I'm watching ^^ The Microsoft conference was ok. The only games that I was interested in was Halo 4, Tomb Raider, and Gears of War Judgement. I can't wait until Nintendo's conference tomorrow. The preview of the Wii U they had yesterday was cool. Plus I'm curious of those 3 games they had blocked out on their Facebook page.
  8. Michi

Yeah I missed the pre-showing for the WiiU. I can't wait till tomorrow.
  9. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Yup, Halo 4 is coming out November 6th. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-21539_...wn-off-at-e3-as-november-6-launch-date-looms/

Here's the trailer for it
    [video=youtube;nsWyP0LBikI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nsWyP0LBikI[/video]
  10. whisperingspirit

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  11. Michi

Of course. Blah. Oh well. I'll stick with small screen.
  12. whisperingspirit

I'll try and post any new info I see on here. I'm lurking a few sites who have people at E3 getting information.
  13. Michi

That's awesome. ^^ I'm just steaming it myself.
  14. whisperingspirit

15. electric_blue_kirby

electric_blue_kirby Co-Owner Administrator

Voice 1:

Why does Ubisoft insist upon presenting itself in the most embarrassing ways possible? You'd think they'd have learnt something after Mr. Caffeine, but apparently they felt the correct solution was to actually double down and find someone worse. The moment I heard "Internet sensation," I abandoned all hope. They would have been better off just showing game trailers than shoehorning in awkward attempts at what they consider comedy. For all the pomp and circumstance they gave it, ShootMania just looked incredibly lackluster, which only made the whole thing that much more painful. ZombiU was far too sparse on details, but the tease is that they're saving that for Nintendo's conference, which seems sensible.

Also, is Sony really so hardup to legitimize the Move as still relevant that they had to dedicate that much time to glorified picture books? A barely cogent demo for a barely functional product. For as little value as Kinect seems to have added to video games, it's at least a step above that. Granted, it's difficult to get support for a nonstandard peripheral added that late in the game, but they could've at least treated it like the Vitality Sensor if they had nothing of interest to show, rather than this vastly less flattering alternative they chose.

I cannot imagine much in terms of a console that would be less appealing than using IE on my television, but now with gimmicky voice controls. The Kinect is, overall, an interesting idea, but features that I could better perform without it are hardly selling points. It's rather pitiful to watch these companies grasp at straws to justify their peripherals.

All three of those surpassed the EA conference, however, which dismally had nothing at all that caught my interest.

It's not all bad news, though. The new Tomb Raider title looked potentially interesting, as did The Last of Us (and it reminded me I've been meaning to try out Uncharted). There's also some reticent hope for the expansion of indie games on the PSN. Overall, however, it just added justification to what I felt going in: it's time for new consoles. Everything felt stale, crusty and worn out, and these consoles are ancient. I can hardly be excited for Brown 3: The FPS and its various permutations. What I truly want, and what they failed to deliver, is something different.

That just leaves Nintendo to go. They had last E3 to introduce the concept and their pre-E3 bit to cover some of the more mundane details, so hopefully they'll actually showcase interesting games. I'm optimistic since it's a new console. At the least, it might offer some insight into what sort of horsepower the console has. Given the timespan, it's practically axiomatic it's going to be an appreciable bump up from the PS3/360 unless Nintendo is actively trying to hinder their console. Although, if even Nintendo winds up focusing more on movies and music than games, at least my disappoint can be universal. But all signs and rumors currently point towards a better outcome.
  16. whisperingspirit

Wow Nintendo had a lot of games showcased. I will be getting Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2. The Wii U games looked cool too. I'm looking forward to the Nintendo 3DS showcase tomorrow night. Kingdom Hearts 3D is going to have showing last I heard about it.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  17. electric_blue_kirby

Voice 1:

So, to recap Nintendo's Wii U part of the conference, am I right that all they showed was various ports, a game that was switched over from the Wii to the Wii U, and NintendoLand? That's not promising. When Reggie said "23 games" right after showing off Pikmin 3, my hopes were high, but the rest was a let down. There's something odd about a conference meant to showcase Wii U titles that actually did a better job of selling me on the 3DS.

EDIT:

Oh right, New Super Mario Bros. U. It was so unoriginal looking, I forgot it was a new title.
  18. indysolo621

indysolo621 Member VPL Member

Has anyone seen the trailers/demos for Star Wars 1313 and Watch Dogs? Those are the best two I've seen so far this year, they look great.
  19. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I just looked up the Star Wars 1313 trailer is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSQipJCltFo

If you find the Watch dogs trailer as well, please post it for us!:biggrin:
  20. electric_blue_kirby

Voice 1:

I'm guessing you're referring to a different trailer for Star Wars 1313, since the one I found barely shows anything. Do you have a link to a better trailer?

I'm also not sure I get all the buzz for Watch Dogs. The demo for that, aside from being heavily scripted, also didn't seem to offer much elaboration on exactly what the game is.