Did you ever end up getting addicted to a particular game you never thought you would?

Henrywrites

VPL Elite Member
Approved VPL Writer
Feb 22, 2024
There are games that you wouldn't have known will make you sit for hours playing. For me, the vampire survivors is one of those games. When I began playing, I thought it was too simple, but the reviews made me play and it has been awesome. Do you have any game in mind?

I never thought I would enjoy Pokemon GO so much when it first came out, but ever since I downloaded and started playing the game I don't think there's a day I haven't opened the app up.

Reactions: Henrywrites
I very much did. Fortnite when it first became more popular, my eldest son played it a lot and as much as it did look fun, whenever I tried to play, I died so easily and got fed up quickly.

Fast forward to now and the changes Epic Games have made mean that the game is enjoyable to play and I will admit, it is one of my favourites and one I would say I am somewhat addicted to.

I never thought I would enjoy Pokemon GO so much when it first came out, but ever since I downloaded and started playing the game I don't think there's a day I haven't opened the app up.

Pokémon games can be addictive and the Pokémon GO is a game that gained acceptance within a very short period of time of being released. So, it is a very good game that anyone yet to play it would think it is not worth their time.

Tetris has really got me hooked, I never could have guessed it. I can’t really give a specific reason for it, but right now I’ve been playing it back to back.

I discovered Candy Crush when I bought my first smartphone. When I started playing Candy Crush I never thought I would be addicted but there was a time when I was playing Candy Crush until 4 in the morning. I had to uninstall the game to curb addiction.

I have Candy Crush and Billiards City in my smartphone. I have noticed that I always play these two games whenever I am bored or uninterested with whatever that's happening around me.

I am getting too addicted with Billiards City even though I promised myself not to play games again.

I don't have a gaming addiction. And I wouldn't say that I ever got myself addicted to a particular game. I play because I find it fun. When I get tired of it, I just stop playing.

I can't say that I have addiction in any particular game. Yes, I can spend all my evenings playing games but it doesn't have to be only one game. I started playing only games and being less concerned about other things made me quit playing.

Yep that game is Shining Force on the Sega Mega Drive! I was never interested in tactical rpgs until one day I decided to give it another go and I was hooked! I ended up beating the game, and starting the sequel but I got lost and stopped playing it. :V

Yep that game is Shining Force on the Sega Mega Drive! I was never interested in tactical rpgs until one day I decided to give it another go and I was hooked! I ended up beating the game, and starting the sequel but I got lost and stopped playing it. :V

I've heard of it, I'll need to find an old copy somewhere and give it a play through.