Hello! I used to be obsessed with Nutrinopets!

Scryptic

New VPL Member
Jan 18, 2023
United States
Hiya! I'm a new member to VPL. I discovered the site while looking up anything surrounding ye olde Nutrinopets, a pet website that ran from abour 2003 or 2005? To about 2009-10 when it suddenly shut down.
I played Neopets back in 2001 as a tiny little lad but, my accounts always got frozen for "multi-accounting" because I have two brothers who would play as well, taking turns on the family PC so obviously we shared the same IP address, and even e-mail address possibly.
After multiple accounts being frozen and my being a dumb little kid, I stopped playing Neopets and somehow discovered Nutrinopets around 2006.
I quickly fell in love and played on it a lot doing random things, playing high or low, etc. I met one of my best friends there as a child and when the website went down, we lost contact. She managed to find me through my DeviantArt account thankfully. We are still friends to this day. She even came to visit last year and we met up in real life for the first time. It was rad.

After Nutrinopets went down, I joined Misticpets, which had a "Refugee" forum for lost NuP users to try and recconect with friends. I played Misticpets from roughly 2009 to 2013, and continued to log in to maintain access to my account up until 2020. The site seems to be slow or rather, most of the UI doesn't load. I heard the owner is kind of "missing" now so, I worry about the future of the site. I imagine it's going to go offline randomly one day soon.

I also had dabbled in subeta briefly before Misticpets but my account got banned for "multi-accounting" again. I was so upset I gave up on pet sites. Which I mostly used for the forums anyways. But then I gave Misticpets a go, and the staff actually reached out to me instead of banning me full force with no explanation. I've had to write that I share an IP address on most pet profiles since being banned on Neo and Subeta lmao.
Again after losing Nutrinopets, I was desperate to try and find old friends, and ended up joining "Zetapets" I believe it was called at the time.
I was even accepted as an artist and drew a few item images for the website! I was super stoked.
My art at the time, was REALLY not great but it's a fond memory. I quickly fell out of use on the site however, because I wasn't a fan of the art or pets and was mostly in search of old friends.

Monsono, and everyone else from our old group/club thing, wherever you are with your Turtwig icon, I think about you now and again and wish you well! <3

Anyways, I'm very very interested in trying to find artists and old content from Nutrinopets, I desperately want to find the pet images of my favorite pets so I can draw them again. I've archived as much of the old NuP site as I could find using the wayback machine about 2 years ago and have finally gotten around to trying to identify which artist did what piece. I've dropped all of the old content onto my own toyhou.se forums, but, would like to know if it would be acceptable to post some of that content here for other nostalgic NuPPers?
I really would love to try and contact the last owner of the site (Kady) or someone on the old staff team to see if they have any of the old art but idk. There are a few posts about how things weren't really great for the staff around the time NuP went down. I simply want to try and see if any pet images are saved on someone's old harddrives somewhere. Not use them for anything.
I am an artist and drew a looot of inspiration from the game and would love to see images again that are burned vaguely into my memory of my favorite pets (my favorite was the Scryptic, hence the username).

My first plan of action would be to attempt to contact artists whose social media is still active soon. Hopefully it won't be a terrible bother to any other artists.
I would love to have my own old artwork remembered fondly, and if someone had my old art saved and shared it with me I'd be stoked, but I know that may not be the case for all of us artists lol.

I just wanted somewhere to chatter about or share my little story here and I figured this might be the best place to do so.
I found this forum when looking up Nutrinopets again and found a 2019 article mentioning this place!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackie and cpvr
Omg Nutrinopets was my favorite petsite back then!! I still miss it to this day. What was your username there? It was my first site using the name "Fuzzball", which later become my fursona name. That site will always hold a special place in my heart! I have all the old Caelum images saved on imgur, and some old art I got of my Caelums on the website as well.

Reactions: cpvr
I swear I must have had an account on every VPS back in the day, but Nutrinopets is one that seems to have escaped my radar! Still though, I would LOVE to see what art and content you've archived. That stuff is always fascinating to me even if it's not a site I personally played.

It's always nice to hear about the friendships and memories that can be created through online communities. As for your question about sharing old content from Nutrinopets, I think it's great that you want to preserve and share those memories with others who may be feeling nostalgic as well. As for contacting Kady or the old staff team, it may be a long shot, but it's always worth a try.

Sorry if this is a necro, I was googling Nutrino out of nostalgia. I havent been active on VPL in years lol

I swear I remember you! Nutrino was my home petsite, I went by Wolvengrl at the time. That site is still so near and dear to my heart.

Reactions: cpvr
I've dropped all of the old content onto my own toyhou.se forums, but, would like to know if it would be acceptable to post some of that content here for other nostalgic
It’s allowed. :DWe’d love to see more content regarding nutrinopets on vpl.

Welcome to the community! :)

Last edited: