Heyo!

Raichurules

New VPL Member
Jul 16, 2021
USA
Hey, people!
I'm Raichurules, but you can just call me Rai or Raichu if you want. I didn't realize VPL had come back around but caught sight of it while on a Google search for something else.

I haven't been very active in the petsite community for a while, and people might not recognize me from my early days (Powerpets, Verpets, ChibiPaws) since I was very anti-social back then. BUT my old MisticPets users probably remember me. I blossomed on Mistic and was eventually made a Moderator in... gosh 2017 I think. Just before things went downhill. The routine of it all helped me through a lot of big life transitions, and I very much still miss the community there. Even if I was and still am very socially awkward. Made it work anyway!!

I haven't really looked into joining a new petsite since, but I've got more time on my hands now. Who knows? My own petsite development is on hold for the foreseeable future anyway...

Reactions: cpvr
Hey, cpvr!
There are a few things I can say lead to Mistic's decline, a few of them being before Zara's (the owner) disappearance. I'll go dump about it over on your other post since I've found it, it might get a little long.

In my notes I've been calling my site XoticPets, but I haven't taken any steps to really secure a domain or anything. It was going to be based on exotic and endangered animals, with all the pets being "spliced together" versions of different animals. If I ever got it up and running, and at least making more than hosting/development costs, the plan was to donate a large portion of whatever revenue it made to conservation organizations. I got some image assets made early on while I was hyperfocused on ideas by the lovely Cass and Silcoon, before they were busy with Solpets.
watermarked.pngsalmon pencil pouch 100.png

Reactions: cpvr and Howey
Hey, cpvr!
There are a few things I can say lead to Mistic's decline, a few of them being before Zara's (the owner) disappearance. I'll go dump about it over on your other post since I've found it, it might get a little long.

In my notes I've been calling my site XoticPets, but I haven't taken any steps to really secure a domain or anything. It was going to be based on exotic and endangered animals, with all the pets being "spliced together" versions of different animals. If I ever got it up and running, and at least making more than hosting/development costs, the plan was to donate a large portion of whatever revenue it made to conservation organizations. I got some image assets made early on while I was hyperfocused on ideas by the lovely Cass and Silcoon, before they were busy with Solpets.
View attachment 302View attachment 303
Love this idea!! Welcome back!

Hey, cpvr!

I love your concept of your pet game and I can’t wait to hear more from you with future developments. Also, what inspired you to create a game with a pets concept like this?

Hey, cpvr!

Welcome Raichurules to virtual pet list. :) The axolotl kind of reminds me of the new mob that just got added to minecraft 1.17. It seems like quite the cool concept for a virtual pet site though.