Hi there! Old member here.

Gashu

Growing VPL Member
Approved VPL Artist
Mar 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi!

Wow, I can't believe this site is up and running! I have been checking back for what feels like years, so it's good to see it alive again. Sad to lose my original account, but I'm happy to be back.

I don't see much around about virtual pets any more, do you think they are still as popular as they once were?

I was an artist a few years ago for a couple of different sites. I'd love to get back into it again.

Reactions: cpvr
Welcome back! How are you doing?

I’ve been checking the stats on a lot of pet sites and it looks like that they’re still popular.

Reactions: Gashu
Hi! I'm doing fine thank you. Currently in isolation though which has been a bit dull, but alas! It's been a fair few years since I've been on virtual pet websites, but the interest has definitely sparked again. Do you remember that website that used to exist that let you design your own virtual pet website? It was a virtual pet website template, I remember it being really cool. Does anything like that exist still?

Welcome aboard. I remember that VP site Creator you was talking about. oRPG Creator was mine, but I had a very similar incident to the one VPL experienced.

I'm about to start a new game project in the upcoming future.

EDIT: I just googled. The site was called myvirtualpetsite. It seems like it does not exist anymore either.

Hi Sim. That might have been the one! Shame it doesn't exist any more. And that's great news about creating your own, what will be the theme for your game? Will it be a website or a mobile game? If you need art collaboration in the future, let me know and I'll see what spare time I have to help you out!

It's going to be coded as a web game, but will be able to download it as a Android APP. I'm not sure if I'll even let it be playable by web. Only threw APP.

I will definitely need ART at one point or another. You ever hear of mafia wars? It was extremely popular on Facebook years ago. Do a Google image search. I'm thinking making something similar. It shouldn't take long to code. Adding all the content and art work to go with it will take 10x longer.

Oh nice idea! Is that the same company who made Pets Live eons ago? Or am I thinking of another game? I used to be totally obsessed with those text based pet raising games. Are you thinking of continuing the pet theme?

I'm thinking of making a game Similar to "Mafia Wars". Following the mafia, mobster, gangster theme. Maybe allowing a user to have there character to own a pet, creature, ect. Users will be allowed to do X amount of things every 24 hours. And I don't want a user to just click 'Do Job' and there rewarded or failed trying. I want some sort of user interaction where each job/mission has user actions. Say 'Rob Person'. User can choose to wait in house or wait for them to get home. Then has other options once they choose between those. A little story and different outcomes based on choices.

Hi! I'm doing fine thank you. Currently in isolation though which has been a bit dull, but alas! It's been a fair few years since I've been on virtual pet websites, but the interest has definitely sparked again. Do you remember that website that used to exist that let you design your own virtual pet website? It was a virtual pet website template, I remember it being really cool. Does anything like that exist still?
You’re welcome. How long will you be on isolation for? They’ve placed both of the counties near me on total lockdown and there’s a curfew in effect from 12am till 6am.

There was myvirtualpetsite, but it’s closed now. There’s still http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/ though.

I was doing some coding for people for mysidiaadoptables before I vanished. It's a nice script.

My whole state shut down. Curfew after 8pm. Only essential workers are supposed to leave the house.

I was doing some coding for people for mysidiaadoptables before I vanished. It's a nice script.

My whole state shut down. Curfew after 8pm. Only essential workers are supposed to leave the house.
What did you code for your previous client?

Ouch! How many cases does your state have rn? My county recently went up to 165 cases, but there’s been 20 or so people that have recovered. A lot of stores are only opened from 7am till 8pm now. It’s basically a ghost town everywhere.

I've no idea how long we will be in isolation, it's quite dire at the moment though. I think almost 800 people died since yesterday, and the Prime Minister is in intensive care too. I'm due for my 12 week pregnancy scan next week, and I'm a bit scared to go to be honest! My partner isn't allowed in either. It's not a good time at all :(

On the plus side, thanks for the link to that site, I'll definitely check that out! The Digimon project is the big thing right now, but I'd like to take a look at that site and see what it can do :)